• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Something something SEGA maybe? Seems like the default assumption.

Did they interfere with the development? All I knew is Rome 2 was given the highest budget of the series by far, most of the problems I read about seems to be CA's fault.

Hell it was only a few months ago that everyone was proclaiming Sega a PC god before CoH2 and Rome 2 came out and sucked.

Sajjaja

Did they interfere with the development? All I knew is Rome 2 was given the highest budget of the series by far, most of the problems I read about seems to be CA's fault.

Hell it was only a few months ago that everyone was proclaiming Sega a PC god before CoH2 and Rome 2 came out and sucked.

Don't exactly remember people saying that about SEGA of all companies, but I do remember people saying them buying Relic was a good decision. I don't know, SEGA has a reputation for pushing games out before they're ready, so a safe assumption might be that SEGA was being a pushy publisher again.

Just noticed Sajjaja's new tag, brilliant.

I've had it for almost a month now lol.

MRORANGE

I ran into the same thing a few days ago with the Batman giveaway. The first PM I received stated that Cuban Legend had won the raffle and that there were 35 entrants, but a few minutes later another PM hit my inbox, mentioning Jiggaloboy had won and that he was the only entrant.

Well, checking the receipts, Modbot listed both as winners but in two separate PM's.

I guess zerokoolpsx and Fuu need to become best of friends and embrace Steam Family Sharing.

Retne

header_292x136.jpg

Well I just downloaded the Pool Nation beta and I'm not sure whether I like the game or not yet.

You can do some cool stuff and they've created the closest thing I've seen to real pool in video game form. The problem is the speed doesn't seem to be consistent.

It might be that I just don't fully grasp it yet. Maybe the stroke has something to do with it but it doesn't do a great job of surfacing that information on the screen. I imagine as I get used to the controls and learn the limits of their system I will like it a lot more.

For right now though it just leaves me with that pool hall itch where I want to grab my stick and head off to the pool hall for a couple hours.

What do you mean ? Is it a good tutorial to initiate someone to the genre ? My brain seems to think a good way to block is to always go toward the enemy, I need help, and a patient software. Yup, very patient.

I was always trash at fighting games and Skullgirls taught me a lot of stuff. If you need to practice blocking they have a section of the tutorial where the NPC just cycles through some combos while you block and I think you can even set up the practice mode to do that as well. I think it's worth $15. Had a lot of fun with it.

You should get it. It's an indie game that even I liked. In fact I'll say it's the only good indie game if we disregard games published by billion dollar companies.

I have mixed feelings about it, I'd definitely like to give it a try, but I hate Minecraft type games.

I've entered a few steamgifts giveaways, I'll wait and see if I win it, otherwise yeah, I might succumb and buy it.

Derrick01

Banned
I have mixed feelings about it, I'd definitely like to give it a try, but I hate Minecraft type games.

I've entered a few steamgifts giveaways, I'll wait and see if I win it, otherwise yeah, I might succumb and buy it.

I don't like Minecraft either but Terraria has an actual RPG with a lot of progression behind it too. They just added another huge content patch a couple of weeks ago but I haven't had the chance to try it yet. It added a ton of new things like new bosses, npcs and actual areas to the world (the last being a first for the game I believe).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
header_292x136.jpg

Well I just downloaded the Pool Nation beta and I'm not sure whether I like the game or not yet.

You can do some cool stuff and they've created the closest thing I've seen to real pool in video game form. The problem is the speed doesn't seem to be consistent.

It might be that I just don't fully grasp it yet. Maybe the stroke has something to do with it but it doesn't do a great job of surfacing that information on the screen. I imagine as I get used to the controls and learn the limits of their system I will like it a lot more.

For right now though it just leaves me with that pool hall itch where I want to grab my stick and head off to the pool hall for a couple hours.

I didn't realise there was a beta. Thanks for the heads-up.

Grief.exe

JaseC

Juarez actually does not have forced Uplay integration. Ubisoft allows their 3rd party partners to choose their DRM, and they will always choose Steamworks.

Well, a few of the Might & Magic universe-based games use Uplay despite being developed by outside parties.

Hope Uplay expands its functionality with the next gen since its obviously not being done away with.

ibv1xCx2kS0ZES.PNG

My avatar needs some rad mini-games to play.

Knurek

You should get it. It's an indie game that even I liked. In fact I'll say it's the only good indie game if we disregard games published by billion dollar companies.

You are seriously starting to be my favorite poster. The level of hate you have for everything is simply refreshing.

You should give Hatoful Boyfriend from Groupees bundle a try. Best. Indie. Game. Ever.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I feel like a fool. I thought it would just be a Steam Code Gamestop gave out, not ask me to download another program. I really wish I had read this thread first and now I hope I didn't just waste $6 USD.

Aaron

I feel like a fool. I thought it would just be a Steam Code Gamestop gave out, not ask me to download another program. I really wish I had read this thread first and now I hope I didn't just waste $6 USD.
It's a steam code. You need to log into their app to get it. Then you can delete the app.

Bluth54

Actually some places do sell Uplay steam keys for some games. Amazon sells Steam keys of Assassin's Creed 3 even though it's a Uplay game.

MNC

God damn it. I entered the beta group before my girlfriend. She is in the beta. She has like 5 games, i have 200.

JaseC

Actually some places do sell Uplay steam keys for some games. Amazon sells Steam keys of Assassin's Creed 3 even though it's a Uplay game.

Cheers Tony had to specifically request Steam keys, which is why they're limited to AssCreed 3/Far Cry 3 and not something you see with other Uplay titles on Amazon (you'll notice that Black Flag has no Steam DRM option, for example) or at all on other stores.

JaseC

Thanks mate.

Doujin bundle is live. Steam keys for Exceed 2 and 3. Kamui looks like the "vote for me but you don't get a key" icon?

Groupees no longer guarantees Steam keys due to the hullabaloo that ensued when the first Doujin Bundle went live and Nyu Media's initial stance was "No Steam keys." When BM9 launched I noticed that "Vote for this game on Steam’s Greenlight, and get a free Steam key when it is greenlit" had been replaced with "Vote for this game on Steam’s Greenlight", so I sent an e-mail and received this response:

Hello,

It was not an error. We are no longer guaranteeing Steam keys when a game is Greenlit. If we get them we will make sure to give them to you guys. But because we are not guaranteeing them, if we don't get them, we don't get them. So you will probably be getting some keys but I don't know for sure when or which games. Anyway, let me know what else I can do for you.

Regards,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom