• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Contrast looks all sorts of interesting as a 2d/3d platformer:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224460/

Anybody want to hype it up?

I've seen it before and the Art Style looks really interesting. However platforming is simply my worst genre. I have zero skills when it come to jumping, double jumping and so on, which is a shame. If the levels do not become too much frustrating or hard I can see myself interested since I like pretty art and the Story left me curious too.

I also just found out that the game is also coming to PS3, 360 & PS4 when it launches.

Groupees no longer guarantees Steam keys due to the hullabaloo that ensued when the first Doujin Bundle went live and Nyu Media's initial stance was "No Steam keys." When BM9 launched I noticed that "Vote for this game on Steam’s Greenlight, and get a free Steam key when it is greenlit" had been replaced with "Vote for this game on Steam’s Greenlight", so I sent an e-mail and received this response:

I still think people should get the Steamkeys. I mean the publishers/devs use these bundles go promote their Greenlight-page and a lot of people buy them in the hopes of getting a Steamkey. Especially because they only use Steam, since they have all the games in one place.

I've seen it before and the Art Style looks really interesting. However platforming is simply my worst genre. I have zero skills when it come to jumping, double jumping and so on, which is a shame. If the levels do not become too much frustrating or hard I can see myself interested since I like pretty art and the Story left me curious too.

I also just found out that the game is also coming to PS3, 360 & PS4 when it launches.

Supposedly it's a puzzle game, so platforming shouldn't be an issue.

Knurek

Groupees no longer guarantees Steam keys due to the hullabaloo that ensued when the first Doujin Bundle went live and Nyu Media's initial stance was "No Steam keys." When BM9 launched I noticed that "Vote for this game on Steam’s Greenlight, and get a free Steam key when it is greenlit" had been replaced with "Vote for this game on Steam’s Greenlight", so I sent an e-mail and received this response:

Honestly, do devs really assume people will double-dip just to have a +1 to their Steam game count?

There aren't that many people like you, JaseC, right?

The_Monk

Supposedly it's a puzzle game, so platforming shouldn't be an issue.

There's some Gameplay videos out there when they were showing the game from that Twitch livestream event and when I saw those jumps I got a little worried. It's nothing special, I'm just not very good with such things. When discussed with some GAFfers I was told it might be related to some kind of depth perception and I actually believe this may be the issue.

See those jumps on the horses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL4RsPGnBC4

Simple things like this can be more harder than it seems for me. I'm ashamed.

Some late-night ModBot action for you lovely SteamGAFers!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Ticket to Ride -- MB-AAB43A7424E55500 - Taken by StopMakingSense
Greed Corp -- MB-7DBBAECB21AA32EA - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon

There's some Gameplay videos out there when they were showing the game from that Twitch livestream event and when I saw those jumps I got a little worried. It's nothing special, I'm just not very good with such things. When discussed with some GAFfers I was told it might be related to some kind of depth perception and I actually believe this may be the issue.

See those jumps on the horses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL4RsPGnBC4

Simple things like this can be more harder than it seems for me. I'm ashamed.

Seems pretty forgiving at that video, the character jumps a lot more than needed to make those leaps, but I can understand it can get frustrating if you are not good at platforming.

Also later levels might be more demanding.

Better wait and see some impressions about the platforming aspects of the game.

Arthea

"Looking at hundreds of unfinished games, deciding what to play, being unable to choose for a long time, changing opinion every 5 minutes, then playing PQ some"
story of my life lately

I've bough Ace Patrol yesterday too and humble bundle, was in need of more games, no? (><)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Honestly, do devs really assume people will double-dip just to have a +1 to their Steam game count?

There aren't that many people like you, JaseC, right?

Haha, by and large I wouldn't bother buying the bundles if it weren't for the possibility of Steam keys since there are very few games which I'd actually play.

I'm still waiting on PayPal to remove the hold on my bloody refund. :( I've drained my bank account enough for one week.

Arthea

If it wasn't posted yet, Supreme Commander 2 has 75% discount on gamersgate.

edited: any guesses what will be unlocked on HB?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If you liked Twin Peaks or quirky games that have flaws but also some amazing elements, I will heavily recommend Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut. It has a lot of heart and charm and has a surprising amount of bang for its buck (a 20 or so hour campaign that is easily doubled if you take part in the varied and often rewarding side quests).

Contrast looks all sorts of interesting as a 2d/3d platformer:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224460/

Anybody want to hype it up?

I played it at PAX. My impression on it from the demo there is that it'll be a mixture between a heavy story title, a 3D/2D platformer, and a surrealistic puzzle game. The demo had plenty of all three, there were no enemies that I encountered but the story seemed interesting and the puzzles and platforming were interesting. Music and some of the imagery was also fantastic.

Arthea

If you liked Twin Peaks or quirky games that have flaws but also some amazing elements, I will heavily recommend Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut. It has a lot of heart and charm and has a surprising amount of bang for its buck (a 20 or so hour campaign that is easily doubled if you take part in the varied and often rewarding side quests).
If? I'm not sure it is possible not to like Twin Peaks, even when you try. I'll probably will wait till Xmas sale. What I want to know beforehand, does PC version runs better.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If? I'm not sure it is possible not to like Twin Peaks, even when you try. I'll probably will wait till Xmas sale. What I want to know beforehand, does PC version runs better.

We'll have to see, but I would say it'd be a safe bet. The PS3 version had a really bizarre issue where some moments would run at 60 fps, others would run at 10 fps. 360 version was pretty stable though, and hoping (and have the suspicion) that the PC version may be the best running version. Have to see how well optimized it is, though.

Accoun

BTW, thanks Dambrosi for Serious Sam HD. (kinda late compared to the others, but whatever - didn't have access to PC to activate).

Anteater

Guess one of the windows updates was crashing dmc4, I thought I was going to be playing that same mission forever with it always crashing near the end D:!

Had to remove KB2670838

JaseC

DeathStroke: Do you really have Google glass?
JaseC: I don't but maybe Saoirse Ronan does!
DeathStroke: Oh i thought that was you in the picture
JaseC: Have you ever met a woman named Jase before? :p
DeathStroke: Nope xD
DeathStroke: I found who Saoirse Ronan is on google
DeathStroke: You used one of the pictures
DeathStroke: Well more

His day just became a little brighter. ;)

If it wasn't posted yet, Supreme Commander 2 has 75% discount on gamersgate.

edited: any guesses what will be unlocked on HB?

SupCom Gold is also 75% off ($5). If for some reason you own either SupCom or Forged Alliance but not both, they're on sale individually, too ($3.75 each). This is one of the few rare cases where a GamersGate discount applies to the entire franchise rather than just the one game.

Copons

The LTTP Dark Souls’ Adventure of Copons S01E10 - The Season Finale

Don't know what happened in the last couple of days but it was catastrophic.

First, I lost the possibility of taking Steam screenshot.
Then, I gained it back but I lost the possibility... to play this game. :D

Basically, when I try to fight the great wolf in Darkroot Garden, my framerate drops so hard that, aside from the fact that it's totally unplayable, the game kicks me out saying my framerate is too low for online play and to try to play offline.
Ok, I could, maybe, find out how to play offline. But fact is, I can't play at something like 3-5 fps. I noticed framerate decreasing boss after boss (normally the game plays smooth, I'd say around 20 fps), and now I don't know why, the wolf screws everything. It may be his fur, I don't know, fact is: GABEN SEND ME A PROTOTYPE ALREADY K THX

(Before someone ask or suggest: I deactivated everything on DSfix, I'm playing on a resolution much lower than my native screen's, I even deactivated everything in Nvidia control panel for DS. It's just that my rig isn't powerful enough for DS bosses. Shit.)

JaseC

The LTTP Dark Souls&#8217; Adventure of Copons S01E10 - The Season Finale

Basically, when I try to fight the great wolf in Darkroot Garden, my framerate drops so hard that, aside from the fact that it's totally unplayable, the game kicks me out saying my framerate is too low for online play and to try to play offline.
Ok, I could, maybe, find out how to play offline. But fact is, I can't play at something like 3-5 fps. I noticed framerate decreasing boss after boss (normally the game plays smooth, I'd say around 20 fps), and now I don't know why, the wolf screws everything. It may be his fur, I don't know, fact is: GABEN SEND ME A PROTOTYPE ALREADY K THX

(Before someone ask or suggest: I deactivated everything on DSfix, I'm playing on a resolution much lower than my native screen's, I even deactivated everything in Nvidia control panel for DS. It's just that my rig isn't powerful enough for DS bosses. Shit.)

Dark Souls: Prepare to Upgrade Edition.

Freezard

Argh this groupees site sucks. Messages appearing all the time and I can't buy anything!!! When I click on a game the description appears and nothing else.

Nabs

The new Humble Bundle is disappointing... only want Anodyne and the Bards Tale so far.

If you think this is disappointing, wait for the Weekly.

The LTTP Dark Souls&#8217; Adventure of Copons S01E10 - The Season Finale

Sheesh. What did you do to your computer?!! What do your specs look like?

Copons

You have no choice but to find a way. Get DSFix back in and sprinkle some magic dust over your computer. I believe in you.

I've got like 2 options right now: 1) wait for God
Gaben
to send me a signal
an i7 Titan Steam Machine
; 2) don't pay condo fees and finally get a gaming rig after something like 15 years since I traded my last one for a Dreamcast.

Zia

Device 6 and The Stanley Parable both release tomorrow! Whee! For those Mac-only users, I played through the Mac build of TSP last night until I was hit with a hard crash and it was a little rough, but it looks like it's probably weeks rather than months out. So, yay.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Eh, it basically looks like this:
macbook-pro-15-2009.jpg

Intel Core2 Duo P8800 2.66GHz
8 GB of 1066MHz DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, 256MB GDDR3

:'(

Damnnnnnn

I've got like 2 options right now: 1) wait for God
Gaben
to send me a signal
an i7 Titan Steam Machine
; 2) don't pay condo fees and finally get a gaming rig after something like 15 years since I traded my last one for a Dreamcast.

You don't have a 360 or PS3? Just pick up the console version.

Copons

Damnnnnnn

You don't have a 360 or PS3? Just pick up the console version.

I have both, but I've decided to jump back to full pc gaming because I can't afford console gaming anymore and I'm not even really interested in console exclusives.
I'm thinking to buy a new PC since a lot of time, and everytime some big fucking money problems spawn against me, and now I'm gonna wait for the tiny chance of a prototype and if I won't get it (cmon gaben I never won anything in my life!! :D ), I'll probably try to build a 700-something € rig (atm I should be able to set up an i5 with a GTX 650 Ti Boost, basically the Standard build found here on GAF with some upgrades like a small SSD and a decent UPS).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I have both, but I've decided to jump back to full pc gaming because I can't afford console gaming anymore and I'm not even really interested in console exclusives.
I'm thinking to buy a new PC since a lot of time, and everytime some big fucking money problems spawn against me, and now I'm gonna wait for the tiny chance of a prototype and if I won't get it (cmon gaben I never won anything in my life!! :D ), I'll probably try to build a 700-something € rig (atm I should be able to set up an i5 with a GTX 650 Ti, basically the Standard build found here on GAF with some upgrades like a small SSD and a decent UPS).
The best decision you could make.

didamangi

I'm thinking to buy a new PC since a lot of time, and everytime some big fucking money problems spawn against me, and now I'm gonna wait for the tiny chance of a prototype and if I won't get it (cmon gaben I never won anything in my life!! :D ), I'll probably try to build a 700-something &#8364; rig (atm I should be able to set up an i5 with a GTX 650 Ti, basically the Standard build found here on GAF with some upgrades like a small SSD and a decent UPS).

Just don't forget the boost part. The difference between 650 ti and 650 ti boost is pretty significant :)

JaseC

I'm thinking to buy a new PC since a lot of time, and everytime some big fucking money problems spawn against me, and now I'm gonna wait for the tiny chance of a prototype and if I won't get it (cmon gaben I never won anything in my life!! :D ), I'll probably try to build a 700-something &#8364; rig (atm I should be able to set up an i5 with a GTX 650 Ti, basically the Standard build found here on GAF with some upgrades like a small SSD and a decent UPS).

Maxwell (Nvidia's 800 series) is launching in Q1 2014, so I'd just sit on your hands for another few months. You'll have a little more money to spend and if you can go for the likes of the 860 Ti or the 870, you'll get much more longevity out of your system.

Copons

The best decision you could make.

youre-goddamn-right-gif.gif

Just don't forget the boost part. The difference between 650 ti and 650 ti boost is pretty significant :)

Yup I meant boost. Edited (even if I don't think anyone would really care :D ).

Maxwell (Nvidia's 800 series) is launching in Q1 2014, so I'd just sit on your hands for another few months. You'll have a little more money to spend and if you can go for the likes of the 860 Ti or the 870, you'll get much more longevity out of your system.

Yup, probably I'm gonna wait till next year.

But it seems like a super long time to keep DS on hold! I won't remember how to play it!! :'(

JaseC

Yup, probably I'm gonna wait till next year.

But it seems like a super long time to keep DS on hold! I won't remember how to play it!! :'(

Spend 20 minutes each or every second day killing regular enemies to keep your skills sharp. ;)

I'm thinking to buy a new PC since a lot of time, and everytime some big fucking money problems spawn against me, and now I'm gonna wait for the tiny chance of a prototype and if I won't get it (cmon gaben I never won anything in my life!! :D ), I'll probably try to build a 700-something € rig (atm I should be able to set up an i5 with a GTX 650 Ti Boost, basically the Standard build found here on GAF with some upgrades like a small SSD and a decent UPS).

good choice. That is the thread that led me to GAF and how I built my first rig. Best decision I made (although its almost time to upgrade from the 560ti...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom