• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

According to Edge (http://www.edge-online.com/review/140-review/), 140 launches today. My co-Game of IGF 2013 along with Gone Home.

Awesome. The trailer that was released earlier this year blew me away. Also, it won the Excellence in Audio in IGF 2013. If the trailer music is any indication of how good the music will be through the entirety of the game it seems like a well deserved award.

Click the image below to view the trailer.

I hope that they release a soundtrack edition.

Indie Royale Birthday Bundle:

Cities in Motion 2
for: Steam-PC, Mac

Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project
for: Steam- PC Mac

Impire
for: Steam - PC

XenoMiner
for: Windows, Desura, To enter unlock code - click News- click Content-(enter code)

Perfection.
for: Steam - PC, Mac, Linux . Desura PC, Mac, Linux

Paradox really seem to be getting into the bundle business these days...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Cities in Motion 2

Impire

XenoMiner
for: Windows, Desura, To enter unlock code - click News- click Content-(enter code)

Perfection.

I'll eat my words a bit. I've only played the Duke Nukem game from this, but it's pretty good if somewhat dated.

sibarraz

Banned
how are the first 2 penny arcade games?

Since I already had 3, and I started to love zeboyd games, I want to know if is worthy to try them (I know that the first 2 weren't made by zeboyd, but I don't know, want to see if story is worthy)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Cities in Motion 2

Impire

XenoMiner

Perfection.

I'll just buy Perfection on Steam itself since it's $2.99, in doing so rolling the dice with the assumption that I already have the bonus game.

eyeless

hope impire ends up in a humble bundle. i found myself interested in it watching the gb quick look despite it apparently being the worst but i'm not paying 4 bucks for it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I am really enjoying bouncing between Resident Evil: Revelations (one of my friends already beat it through Family Sharing lol) and Grid 2. Grid 2 is stupidly pretty on my TV and the image quality is stellar. A 1080p 42 in TV doesn't have the greatest pixel density, but the MSAA options go a long way in making everything look incredibly sharp. The career mode is a bit weird in it's happiness to repeat tracks with each Season, but it does make moving to a new season quite exciting due to the promise of a whole new set of locations/tracks. Last night I reached the second full season (3rd race set technically) and it was quite nice seeing Paris and Barcelona tracks. I don't know if I will ever bother buying the game in the future (currently playing a shared copy), but it might give me incentive to go back and finish the first one's career mode.

As for Resident Evil I have been playing it in smaller bites, usually playing no more than 1-2 sub episodes at a time. This has just been the most I have been able to manage with my schedule this week, but even if I did have larger amounts of time to play I still think I would stick with this setup. I think the game looks pretty incredible for coming from a 3DS originally. I'm downsampling from 1440p (the highest res available in the menu even though I can go up to 1620p) and that combined with the highest in-game AA option (FXAA HQ3) and locked 60 fps it still leads to a pretty striking image clarity. A lot of the ship areas hold up really nicely when played on a big screen, easily on par with some 360 and PS3 port assets. The non-ship areas have made the 3DS level limitations a bit more apparent, but they still make for some nice narrative and visual variety. I hated the way the animation looked with the twin stick (standard 3rd person shooter controls) and switched back to the classic RE4 style set up that the movement animation was clearly designed around. I played a shitload of RE4 and 5 this way so it was pretty easy to slip back into. Overall I'd say I'm pretty pleased with the 12.50$ purchase even at a quarter of the way into the campaign.

Turfster

Any particular reason for that? I'm not too cool on advertising my Steam ID to everyone on the internet, which is why I don't have it in my NeoGAF profile.

I'm with him. I'm way too paranoid. The one time I put it up somewhere public, I got a scam attempt not an hour later, so...

18 hours into XCOM, it's a bit hard even on easy.

Glad I am not the only one who found that! :D

It was amply tricky enough for me as an X-COM noob and pc gaming noob.

I hope you are enjoying it anything like as much as I did as I had an absolute blast :D.

Cities in Motion 2

Impire

XenoMiner

Perfection.

Are these keys Steam OR or are they Steam AND?

In other words, can I activate the Steam key on my account and double dip by adding them to my Desura account too?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are these keys Steam OR or are they Steam AND?

In other words, can I activate the Steam key on my account and double dip by adding them to my Desura account too?

You get a key for each service listed. If Desura isn't mentioned then the key isn't going to work.

Li Kao

good choice. That is the thread that led me to GAF and how I built my first rig. Best decision I made (although its almost time to upgrade from the 560ti...)

Brofist ! Well, sad brofist, I don't see me having disposable income for some months and the console generation transition strikes me more as a wait and see period in regard to upgrade. But man, while still very nice, this lovely 560ti is showing its age sometimes.

I hope you are enjoying it anything like as much as I did as I had an absolute blast :D.

use more Snipers

Brofist ! Well, sad brofist, I don't see me having disposable income for some months and the console generation transition strikes me more as a wait and see period in regard to upgrade. But man, while still very nice, this lovely 560ti is showing its age sometimes.

I didn't either at the time, I slowly accumulated parts that went on sale. Took a few months, but was able to save quite a bit of money that way.

It was my first time playing a XCOM game, and I have no interest in cranking the difficulty up. Even a colonel with titan armor can get one-shot'd, it's hard to imagine what the harder difficulties play like.

Aaron

how are the first 2 penny arcade games?

Since I already had 3, and I started to love zeboyd games, I want to know if is worthy to try them (I know that the first 2 weren't made by zeboyd, but I don't know, want to see if story is worthy)
Have you played any of the Mario and Luigi RPGs? They're very similar to that. I liked them, even though there was a little too much combat for my tastes.

It was my first time playing a XCOM game, and I have no interest in cranking the difficulty up. Even a colonel with titan armor can get one-shot'd, it's hard to imagine what the harder difficulties play like.

Heh, after I finished the game I re-started on a higher difficulty all cocky and got my arse handed to me :/. I decided it was probably best to go back to it at a later date ;).

In respect of the Indie Royale Birthday Bundle, what does the question mark relate to? Is it the bonus album or does something else get added later?

fantomena

Oh man, I read this like "Halo 3 comes to PC October 25th :(

c395624883.png

Storm360

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Duke Nukem Manhattan Project -- MB-ACC876F2056324FD - Taken by Cyberquake

Get your balls of steel on me!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Indie Royale: Bought!

I didn't have any of the Steam games, so that usually means instabuy for me.

Li Kao

Yeah well, as mentioned in a previous post, I'm not really sold on the subject of the new XCOM. But as I have played a shitload of the first and second ones in their times, I can't exclude the possibility of warped memories.

But this... I don't know. For starters I tend to think a lot of abilities could use a more detailed description. Then there is the loss of the base construction, that always was a nice customize (or dress your doll if you prefer) feel. And the fact that you can have multiple interceptor but just one base, which on normal difficulty makes me always use the same squad against training some B-teams. And even if I did that, yeah, maybe I'm just bad but the encounters can be pretty punishing and the only time I sent several rookies on site I went that far from a disaster. The original could be really difficult but there was always simple encounters to train your red shirts.
And maybe that's a good thing that you can't manage more team, because if I can totally imagine the first one combats could be long, this one drags on quite heavily. Encounters are longggg, can't see the prospect of doing 2 or 3 times as much a very pleasing thought.

And finally the writing. Yeah maybe the first one was wordy, I have no recollection of that aspect, but man do this one feels like your typical modern game, always babbling, always putting your face in its pretty generic plot and characters. Cinematics, logs, so many logs, I wonder why they didn't include detailed reports of the crew diet while they were at it...
I'm focusing on the bad (for me) here, that's not to say the game overall is bad. I'm just... not sold. X-Com was a mad fun ride to me, XCOM feels a lot more like work.

Cities in Motion 2

Impire

XenoMiner

Perfection.

Cities in Motion 2 you guys. I feel like I've stumped for this game before (possibly to Toma-like levels) but I think despite some minor flaws, it's well worth the original $15 purchase price. You don't actually build cities in the game (except in the map editor, and in a limited fashion in the campaign/sandbox modes), so it's not a SimCity killer, but if you like the idea of laying transit lines across cities and setting tram timelines, you'll definitely get more out of this game than SimCity.

The_Monk

New BundleStars:
The Bloodbath Bundle 2.20€
  • Clutch
  • Necrovision
  • Necrovision: Lost Company
  • The Void
  • Zombie Bowl-o-Rama
  • 99 Levels to Hell (desura only)

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfer, hmm The Void might get me interested since we are getting close to Halloween. Already have Necrovision Lost Company and don't know much about everything else.

EDIT: Oh and it have a 77/100 Metacritic and it's made by Ice-pick Lodge, the guys who just released Knock-Knock.

fantomena

Hopping for a giveaway for DN: Manhattan Project. Have every other game in that bundle except for that. It's the only Duke Nukem game Im missing on Steam.

Damn: Doublepost, sorry.

If you're a cat... ;)

My cat has staff who have their own staff. Ha!

:)

Cities in Motion 2 you guys. I feel like I've stumped for this game before (possibly to Toma-like levels) but I think despite some minor flaws, it's well worth the original $15 purchase price. You don't actually build cities in the game (except in the map editor, and in a limited fashion in the campaign/sandbox modes), so it's not a SimCity killer, but if you like the idea of laying transit lines across cities and setting tram timelines, you'll definitely get more out of this game than SimCity.

This looks fun to me; it was that primarily that got me to buy the bundle.

Yeah well, as mentioned in a previous post, I'm not really sold on the subject of the new XCOM. But as I have played a shitload of the first and second ones in their times, I can't exclude the possibility of warped memories.

But this... I don't know. For starters I tend to think a lot of abilities could use a more detailed description. Then there is the losse of the base construction, that always was a nice customize (or dress your doll if you prefer) feel. And the fact that you can have multiple interceptor but just one base, which on normal difficulty makes me always use the same squad against training some B-teams. And even if I did that, yeah, maybe I'm just bad but the encounters can be pretty punishing and the only time I sent several rookies on site I went that far from a disaster. The original could be really difficult but there was always simple encounters to train your red shirts.
And maybe that's a good thing that you can't manage more team, because if I can totally imagine the first one combats could be long, this one drags on quite heavily. Encounters are longggg, can't see the prospect of doing 2 or 3 times as much a very pleasing thought.

And finally the writing. Yeah maybe the first one was wordy, I have no recollection of that aspect, but man do this one feels like your typical modern game, always babbling, always putting your face in its pretty generic plot and characters. Cinematics, logs, so many logs, I wonder why they didn't include detailed reports of the crew diet while they were at it...
I focusing on the bad (for me) here, that's not to say the game overall is bad. I'm just... not sold. X-Com was a mad fun ride to me, XCOM feels a lot more like work.

Have you played the original games recently? I would be curious to see how you would react to them now; whether it would be nostalgia heaven or rose tinted memories clouding you to the reality of the game.

Since I enjoyed XCOM EU so much I am tempted to try the older games but the graphics are putting me off. I am far from a graphics tart too. It just looked like it would be difficult to make out what was going on :/. Are there mods to spruce those up a bit?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like the Hothead bundle got edited and split up.
Non-BTA is
  • DeathSpank
  • Thongs of Virtue + DLC
  • Rain-slick precipice 1
BTA is
  • The baconing
  • Rain-slick precipice 2

Perfect, I already have The Baconing and Rain Slick 2.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Non-BTA is
  • DeathSpank
  • Thongs of Virtue + DLC
  • Rain-slick precipice 1
BTA is
  • The baconing
  • Rain-slick precipice 2
Few people thought this bundle might be today. I don't track SteamDB closely so maybe this is the norm, but these changes seem too last-minute for it to go live in just a few hours.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Cities in Motion 2

Impire

XenoMiner

Perfection.

Yes, Impire and Duke Nukem Manhattan! I always wanted Impire (almost bought it on a sale or on another bundle I didn't want any other game, I forget) and Another game pried from the cold, dead hands of the 360 platformer. Great bundle!

Non-BTA is
  • DeathSpank
  • Thongs of Virtue + DLC
  • Rain-slick precipice 1
BTA is
  • The baconing
  • Rain-slick precipice 2

Only game I don't have is Deathspank, but I don't know if I even want to pay 1 dollar for it.

jshackles

Few people thought this bundle might be today. I don't track SteamDB closely so maybe this is the norm, but these changes seem too last-minute for it to go live in just a few hours.

The next Humble Weekly starts tomorrow, right? But yeah, usually we see this sort of stuff a few weeks before that particular bundle goes live.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

The current weekly is ending tomorrow, so expect it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom