• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Few people thought this bundle might be today. I don't track SteamDB closely so maybe this is the norm, but these changes seem too last-minute for it to go live in just a few hours.

If it's the weekly, it'll be tomorrow.
There's still a day left on the Focus one.
People are probably confused because the Humble Android/Win/Mac/Linux bundle was released a day 'early' ;)

Copons

Ah fuck it, after the earlier discussions about buying a new PC and some searches for component prices, now the bottom ad of GAF always shows Amazon suggestions of i5 CPUs... :'(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ah fuck it, after the earlier discussions about buying a new PC and some searches for component prices, now the bottom ad of GAF always shows Amazon suggestions of i5 CPUs... :'(

Dark Souls: Prepare to Buy Edition

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
If it's the weekly, it'll be tomorrow.
There's still a day left on the Focus one.
People are probably confused because the Humble Android/Win/Mac/Linux bundle was released a day 'early' ;)
Guilty as charged :(

FloatOn

Copons your pc woes have broken my heart.

I was looking forward to more of your Dark Souls stories.

It's fun, entertaining, love the MP, 1080p,60+ FPS, modding etc.

Halo games taught me to hate regenerating health in video games. It seems to me that there are better multiplayer options as well.

But if hoping for an old xbox game on pc is your thing don't let me get you down.

Knurek

Heads up, Dark Souls (and just about every other curgen game) is perfectly playable on a Pentium G2030 ($60). No need for anything expensive CPU wise, as long as you have a good GPU.

Li Kao

Also, to make and serve the tea.

This made me laugh, my main sniper is English. I love the chap. Brofist 'Omega', even if you can shoot once every blue moon.

Have you played the original games recently? I would be curious to see how you would react to them now; whether it would be nostalgia heaven or rose tinted memories clouding you to the reality of the game.

Since I enjoyed XCOM EU so much I am tempted to try the older games but the graphics are putting me off. I am far from a graphics tart too. It just looked like it would be difficult to make out what was going on :/. Are there mods to spruce those up a bit?

Nope, as I said in my post it has been ages since I played X-Com and I fully concede that I could be suffering from some warped nostalgia. But then again I wanted to like XCOM and played it with more than an open mind. So yup, the only explanations are the game is bad (for me) or I should really replay the first one.
Problem is, even if I insist on the fact that I don't treat X-Com like a "sacred cow that you don't dare touch it bitch", it is sitting peacefully in the top of my playing history along games such as Planescape Torment, and I don't know if I want to revisit and maybe break the feeling.
It risks indeed to be rough looking, but I don't know, we will see once I finish that XCOM 2012 campaign which doesn't feel like it wants to end.

PS. Oh and in all honesty, maybe the new one feels harder and more of a chore because at the time of the first game, men were living in caverns, without internet, and thus no patchs. It was many moons later than man discovered that X-Com had a bug that made a game set on 'normal' to play on 'easy' ^_^

Perfect, I already have The Baconing and Rain Slick 2.

Same here, and since IIRC the first (and second ?) one was region locked out of France, I will happily bite one the base tier. Not a stellar series, but some funny moments.

Grief.exe

why do people care about playing halo 3 on pc again?

Halo games are fun! I wouldn't mind playing through the whole trilogy once again at 1080p and 60fps.
Halo 3 multiplayer would certainly be fun as well, lots of good times to be had there.
On the outside chance ODST makes it over, playing through both the campaign and Firefight with friends will be incredibly fun.

I'm excited to play the games at the very least.

Note: there is no evidence supporting ODST. I just think it would be a great fit for the platform.

Cth

Nx4m7Fj.png

Plus, I entered Parsnip's raffle earlier but it only registered one entrant for each.

ModBot is having fun at my expense. :(

If it helps any, I won the game before you did :D

It even said there were 0 entrants.

Just my luck.

EDIT:
GMG still hasn't delivered on Mafia 2 either.

The beta of Football Manager 2014 is now available for download through Steam for those who pre-ordered.

*clutches wallet tightly and prays for strength*

18 hours into XCOM, it's a bit hard even on easy.
Whatever you do, don't find the aliens on your last move. That's usually where things take a turn for the worst. If you're scouting, use only your first move and reserve the second, in case you happen upon the enemy. Hunker down if you're not in full cover, unless you are guaranteed to kill the enemy/be safe from fire on the next turn. I always go with a balanced team, though yes, a Sniper with double tap is going to do most/ a lot of the work. Heavy's are the next best, imo. Especially when it comes to those scary ass
Sectopods. The heat ammo annihilates them.
The rockets are nice too.

If you want to make life easier for yourself, rush the main objectives. The longer you take, the tougher the enemies get.

Nillansan

A new trailer for How to Survive has been released. It seems like it blends elements from State of Decay and Diablo, I am not entirely sure what to make of it. The game is developed by Eko Software and published by 505 Games, the publisher of Payday 2 and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons).

q7GshA7.jpg

Trailer.

Gameplay Impressions courtesy of VG247.

Store Page. It currently has a 30% discount. £ 8.39/$ 10.49/€ 9.79.

Nuuvem is calling you....

LALALALALALALALALA! NOT LISTENING! *hands over ears*

Actually, I think I read somewhere that the Brazilian version is region-locked.

JaseC! Your wisdom is needed!

Anyway Gamefly + 20% code (assuming it works for FM2014) would be only a couple of pounds more.

FloatOn

Halo games are fun! I wouldn't mind playing through the whole trilogy once again at 1080p and 60fps.
Halo 3 multiplayer would certainly be fun as well, lots of good times to be had there.
On the outside chance ODST makes it over, playing through both the campaign and Firefight with friends will be incredibly fun.

I'm excited to play the games at the very least.

Note: there is no evidence supporting ODST. I just think it would be a great fit for the platform.

I played so much Firefight with Reach back in the day and had lots of good times too but I'm afraid those days are over for me.

I mean why play that when I can play ninja/viking/samurai Chivalry?

Freezard

Penny Arcade Episode 1 was great fun. Sort of a Paper Mario light. Didn't care much for Episode 2 though, was basically the same thing and I hate the humor in the games, so I wasn't going to play it for the story.

A new trailer for How to Survive has been released. It seems like it blends elements from State of Decay and Diablo, I am not entirely sure what to make of it. The game is developed by Eko Software and published by 505 Games, the publisher of Payday 2 and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons).

That looks really interesting.

Copons

Yea, but you can build a cheapi-ish gaming rig right now, play the curgen titles, and upgrade in a few years, once 8GB GDDR5 becomes the PC standard. :)

It's just that I would like, for once, to be able to play a game at its somewhat best.
I know that with a i5 / GTX 650 Ti Boost I still won't, but at least it should feel powerful enough even in its cheapery (is it a word? well who cares :D ).

nexen

Is there a bundle with the PA / Deathspank games or something? I see a lot of talk but don't see anything on active bundles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom