• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

AA just got a nice update in the registry:

3 minutes ago Removed SupportsCDKeyCopyToClipboard – 1
3 minutes ago Removed ShowCDKeyOnLaunch – 1
3 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp35010\SteamKey
3 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistrationMethod – registry
3 minutes ago Changed changenumber – 282126 › 306564

Just came to post this, they did the same thing to AC GOTY several months ago and the same thing to Bioshock 2.

GFWL/Securom removal patch has to be coming soon, both services rely on this.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
FjJ0OHg.png

That most recent achievement name...

tumblr_m6ie8uCDTv1rzc27ko1_400.gif

Thanks for your impressions, Monk. I've been really considering picking that up since I've been in need of a new Halloween game.

Nice impressions and suggestions Monk! Perhaps you should dualpost that in the Knock-Knock thread both to bump it (lol) and so that perhaps someone could aid you with the progress issue. GOG users might not frequent this thread as much or at all.

Derrick01

Banned
Batman: Arkham Asylum GFWL Redemption
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY GFWL Redemption

Tomorrow might be fun

Hnngh. I wish they would have done it sooner than a week before AO since I don't want to burn myself out on the formula but...I really want to play AC again.

Eternia

AA just got a nice update in the registry:

3 minutes ago Removed SupportsCDKeyCopyToClipboard – 1
3 minutes ago Removed ShowCDKeyOnLaunch – 1
3 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp35010\SteamKey
3 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistrationMethod – registry
3 minutes ago Changed changenumber – 282126 › 306564
I want them, now!

Nabs

Jase probably going to be mad

Batman: Arkham Asylum GFWL Redemption

Looks like redeeming vanilla AA/AC will get you the GOTY versions.

The vanilla version shows this: Added Batman: Arkham Asylum to the package

The GOTY version shows this: Added Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition to the package

yPPifbMl.png

After some hours I may be somewhat stuck in Knock Knock. The game is not clear on what you must do or how you must do it. It's okay, many games do this and it's nice for us to discover on our own (Dark Souls). However I reached one of the last levels and it seems that if you do not proceed to the next level/room/dream/nightmare whatever you want to call it you may be getting a Game Over screen the next time you will try to advance to the next level just like you normally would do.

Knock Knock have a very creepy and depressive atmosphere. Seems to be a great game to play in the upcoming Halloween. You will always feel that you are surrounded by someone or something, yet, you feel alone at the same time.

Now this is very clever: There are things that really help to create a tense mood in the game with such basic gameplay elements. Let's say something is approaching you. You hide but you are still visible. It's okay, because it does not matter if they can see you since it's you that can't see them because if you see them/it then it means they are real and if you believe they are real, then you must be hallucinating meaning you are losing it.

The game have more than one way to end, or to not end at all, in fact. Depending on some actions across the game, when you proceed further a larger enemy may be something for you and a very different one for me.

Immersion tip: In this game the sound of doors opening and closing are quite regular. If you have a sound system with a Subwoofer, placing the Sub below your desk near one of the corners gives you a much more real feeling that something is really knocking a door in your house. This adds to the atmosphere giving you a more intensifying experience when everything is silenced and then BAM!, someone shuts a door, and you feel the vibration.

In my opinion you don't get those jump scares we sometimes see (faked or not) on Youtube videos from games like playing Amnesia, in this game instead of "AAAH, Oh my God & Buddha, that is scary!!!" I got something more of: "That is creepy... go away, please, I don't want to look :( Just... leave me alone... :( "

With being said a Patch was recently released fixing a couple of issues, some bugs and something regarding a couple of Achievements not unlocking for some people. I can always start a new game, try to get it right this time, try to get a proper ending or see if I will see more fragments of memories that kinda randomly appear on the game or even to see what will appear when I'm near the end, but for now it's on stand-by.

FjJ0OHg.png

I've been watching Markiplier play through the game.

The_Monk

Thanks for your impressions, Monk. I've been really considering picking that up since I've been in need of a new Halloween game.

No problem fellow GAFfer. The name of the Achievement is not a spoiler by the way, or so I strongly believe. It seems to be a Twin Peaks reference, correct?

Nice impressions and suggestions Monk! Perhaps you should dualpost that in the Knock-Knock thread both to bump it (lol) and so that perhaps someone could help you with the progress issue can aid you. GOG users might not frequent this thread as much or at all.

I just did, thanks for the tip!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm hoping that is what they will do, but we don't know yet.

I'm also hoping for this. Count me among the people stuck without the GOTY content and no way to get it.

Nillansan

I preordered How To Survive based on the store page alone a couple days ago. Hope its actually good. Its been awhile since I bought something without knowing it inside and out first.

It was the parts in the video showing hunting and fishing that got me.

The survival elements are actually a tad deeper than I expected, for example, you have to be careful where you source your water from. Some sources may lead to dehydration or poisoning.

Nabs

and now AA GOTY edition:

less than a minute ago Removed SupportsCDKeyCopyToClipboard – 1
less than a minute ago Removed ShowCDKeyOnLaunch – 1
less than a minute ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp35140\SteamKey
less than a minute ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistrationMethod – registry
less than a minute ago Changed changenumber – 282126 › 306589

CDKeys removed. I won't miss GFWL at all.
is arkham asylum on sale anywhere? i needs to play it.

It will most likely be the Weekend Deal tomorrow.

The survival elements are actually a tad deeper than I expected, for example, you have to be careful where you source your water from. Some sources may lead to dehydration or poisoning.

Yeah, that video kinda sold me on it. I think I'm gunna wait too see what the weekend deals are before I pull the trigger though.

Joe Molotov

Indie Royale Birthday Bundle:

Cities in Motion 2
for: Steam-PC, Mac

Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project
for: Steam- PC Mac

Impire
for: Steam - PC

XenoMiner
for: Windows, Desura, To enter unlock code - click News- click Content-(enter code)

Perfection.
for: Steam - PC, Mac, Linux . Desura PC, Mac, Linux

Paradox really seem to be getting into the bundle business these days...

Wow, this is rare. I actually have none of those games.

Tesseract

Banned
i hope capcom doesn't bungle ultra street fighter iv's steamworks matchmaking. in mk9 you get a completely different set of lobbies depending on what download region you choose.

Nillansan

tumblr_m6ie8uCDTv1rzc27ko1_400.gif

Since you are sporting a gif like that, I have to ask if you have Deadly Premonition on your Halloween playlist? I am so hyped about it. Going by the impressions that I have read, it sounds like perfection.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
37 new games have been Greenlit

These are the ones I know of that have been in bundles:
  • Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold (Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle)
  • Neighbors From Hell (Humble Bundle Weekly Nordic Games)

Nabs

Happy to see Ikaruga get through. That one had me worried!

Neverending Nightmares is really cool. I'm glad it made in this early.

With all the GFWL removals I wonder if japanese devs/pubs will do anything to patch that cancer out of their games. (I'm looking at you Capcom and Scamco)

fantomena

Lol. A friend told me on school that if I had a lot of TF2 items I have received from games I have pre-ordered and I have not the access to trade or sell them on the market, it is because Im not Premium. I never play TF2 so I had not known about this.

So I just installed TF2 and bought a random bow for 0,35€ (trading card money). After I sold all the TF2 items I owned I have turned 21€ in profit. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom