• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Forever Fortress
Half-Life 2: Capture the Flag
Portal Remake Mod

...ugh.

I don't really understand the disgust. They're free, for one thing.

Secondly, it is a pretty damn progressive policy of Valve's to distribute free mods of their existing games that make generous use of their intellectual property.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Since you are sporting a gif like that, I have to ask if you have Deadly Premonition on your Halloween playlist? I am so hyped about it. Going by the impressions that I have read, it sounds like perfection.

Oh yes, I got a little worried it wouldn't make it in time with the page vanishing but now that it's up for pre-order i'm back to full-on hype.

Deadly Premonition at 60 FPS, 1080P+ with real AA
Cosby6.gif

With new content to boot!

webrunner

Just a reminder that really awesome narrative game The Yawhg still needs thumbs ups even though it got the Idle Thumbs Up. It's apparently 98% to the top 100 and needs your support!

kulapik

I don't really understand the disgust. They're free, for one thing.

Secondly, it is a pretty damn progressive policy of Valve's to distribute free mods of their existing games that make generous use of their intellectual property.

I obviously don't mind that they release the mods, but I hope that they don't charge for it. I'm worried most for the Portal Remake, how the fuck are they going to do? DLC on Portal 2?

No, buy it to grow Treasure.

I was kidding. I <3 Ikaruga.

I obviously don't mind that they release the mods, but I hope that they don't charge for it. I'm worried most for the Portal Remake, how the fuck are they going to do? DLC on Portal 2?

It'll just be a free thing in the steam store. There are plenty of other mods on steam that already do that. Just another entry. In fact, I'm sort of confused why they went through greenlight anyway but whatever.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Literally every single one you've called out has a post on their greenlight page saying they will be free.

I believe NeoTokyo was in the first batch of greenlit titles, no updates since. Same for some other games, like Black Mesa (though it's safe to say they want to release it with the Xen levels) or Perpetuum.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wow, there's a lot of straight up garbage among the titles Greenlit today. It's amazing how many votes low end mods get. Despite that there's still some great stuff making its way through the system and given the rate at which they've picked up the approvals ultimately it's not like one game getting greenlit is blocking any other one game from being greenlit.

I updated my "Games I Favourited" collection to remove the stuff that made the cut and add some recent favourites:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179798494
If you've ever wanted to vote yes for some stuff on Greenlight but don't know where to start, I'd like to think my collection is a good place to do so. I've played many of the games on the list and I'm not saying they're my GOTY or anything, but the ones I've played deserve a space on Steam.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Age of Chivalry is a mod done right, in my opinion.

• Free
  • Has Achievements
  • Completely different than the game it's modifying
If a mod can pass these three requirements, I have no problem with it being on Steam.

def sim

Being erased from existence by companies who care enough to remove it. What will happen for those games where companies don't want to bother removing it.

I'm going to pretend they don't exist and put them in my "extra files" category along with DOTA 2 Test, Left for Dead 2 Beta, and GTA mac versions.

nexen

Wow, there's a lot of straight up garbage among the titles Greenlit today. It's amazing how many votes low end mods get. Despite that there's still some great stuff making its way through the system and given the rate at which they've picked up the approvals ultimately it's not like one game getting greenlit is blocking any other one game from being greenlit.

I updated my "Games I Favourited" collection to remove the stuff that made the cut and add some recent favourites:
If you've ever wanted to vote yes for some stuff on Greenlight but don't know where to start, I'd like to think my collection is a good place to do so. I've played many of the games on the list and I'm not saying they're my GOTY or anything, but the ones I've played deserve a space on Steam.

I just voted for Anne. That looks pretty great.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

I can't take a list without Valkyrius on it seriously.

Copons

37 new games have been Greenlit

These are the ones I know of that have been in bundles:
  • Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold (Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle)
  • Neighbors From Hell (Humble Bundle Weekly Nordic Games)

Yooooo! Finally Fotonica got greenlit!!

This is from the guys behind MirrorMoon EP.
They're Italian (plz support our awful gaming scene thx), they're super nice, they make super good games (I actually loved Fotonica much much more than MMEP) and one of their graphic designers writes for my satyrical/gaming website, so I may be a little biased, but who cares, just buy Fotonica (and MMEP) already! :D

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

They're Italian (plz support our awful gaming scene thx), they're super nice, they make super good games (I actually loved Fotonica much much more than MMEP) and one of their graphic designers writes for my satyrical/gaming website, so I may be a little biased, but who cares, just buy Fotonica (and MMEP) already! :D

And they've already confirmed everyone who bought the game from them will get a Steam key.

Love these dudes, even if I'm still waiting on the memory leak bug in Mirrormoon to get fixed.

Anyone buy Democracy 3? It looks like a ton of fun.

Oh shit what?!?!? I love MirrorMoon EP!

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Wait wait wait, are they removing GFWL from Batman right now? (Or in the near future)

YES.

Only GOTY edition?

Fuck that. I bought the game + Quinn's DLCs only.

Edit: Mmm, I can't see the CD key anymore, maybe there's a chance.

Miker

Wait wait wait, are they removing GFWL from Batman right now? (Or in the near future)

YES.

Only GOTY edition?

Fuck that. I bought the game + Quinn's DLCs only.

The understanding/rumor is that all owners of vanilla will be upgraded to the GOTY edition.

Nabs

Is there no other way? The GFWL client has been bugging out me even since I tried to download AA from it.

Guess I should just try doing a clean install again.

How did the Bioshock 2 thing work for people who activated retail/non-steam copies of the base game?

Bioshock 2 owners (retail/gfwl) all got Minerva's Den for free. I don't think WB will be that kind.

Miker

How did the Bioshock 2 thing work for people who activated retail/non-steam copies of the base game?

Everybody who already owned Bioshock 2 prior to the patch got Minerva's Den for free. Everybody else who bought it after the patch had to buy Minerva's Den separately.

sibarraz

Banned
Lol. A friend told me on school that if I had a lot of TF2 items I have received from games I have pre-ordered and I have not the access to trade or sell them on the market, it is because Im not Premium. I never play TF2 so I had not known about this.

So I just installed TF2 and bought a random bow for 0,35€ (trading card money). After I sold all the TF2 items I owned I have turned 21€ in profit. :p

You don't need to spend more money? I thought that it was like cards where in f2p games you needed to expend 10 dollars to be be premium (I know that you had to expend 9 dollars for one drop, but I read something like this when the cards started to appear)

I really hope that Dirt 3 will be fixed as well. This is the latest from Codemasters (almost two weeks ago):

Just an update on this guys, we had all seen the Bioshock 2 thing today and was really impressed with what they had done. I'm not going to have anything concreate for you on what we are doing for a while GFWL is really hard wired into DiRT 3 and taking it out is a big job. We are on it though and I'll keep you updated.

Are they only working on the Mac version of Arkham City? What about Arkham Asylum?

I remembered AA had the Joker DLC on Mac, It would be cool if they finally bring that to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom