• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

I have found the original posts in the Steam thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=49338933#post49338933

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=47248345#post47248345

I can see we are still missing some entries:
219260 ValveTestApp219260 (QUantum Conundrum 2)
216800 ValveTestApp216800 (Halo 3)
216780 ValveTestApp216780 (Halo 2)
216760 ValveTestApp216760 (Halo: Combat Evolved)
210970 ValveTestApp210970 (The Witness)
209930 ValveTestApp209930 (Second Life)
209320 ValveTestApp209320 (Steam Wallet Trading)
208750 ValveTestApp208750 (Apotheon)
208160 ValveTestApp208160 (Foldit)
205020 ValveTestApp205020 (Lume 2)
202330 ValveTestApp202330 (The Adventures of Tintin: The Game)
115800 ValveTestApp115800 (Owlboy)
95400 ValveTestApp95400 (Ibb and Obb)
94400 ValveTestApp94400 (Nidhogg)
94310 Not Used (The Dream Machine: Chapter 2)

The first post was from Nabs, as usual, but he edited it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47247458&postcount=5073

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Impire is good, but damn that interface is atrocious. I need actually MOUSE OVER a squad to see what's going on, health wise.

Also, there's no quick way to go back to base, other than randomly pressing F1-F8 keys, because god knows what they do.

Squads are quickly mapped to 1 2 and 3, but you don't know their overall health unless you mouse over them. There's no always on screen squad information pane. Sure, you can enter the Squad Information area, but then you lose complete access to the gameplay area. So if you want to do anything, you need to leave it.

Game really seems fun, but damn... Either the interface is good, but everything is buried and the user really needs to dig through and learn it or it just plain sucks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So that article a while back about Path of Exile coming to Steam on October 23rd was legit.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/536969

Must be really LttP on this.

95354691f7564d8e7513e1a6ca2771e8a5f66e5f.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/

Nabs

I have found the original posts in the Steam thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=49338933#post49338933

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=47248345#post47248345

I can see we are still missing some entries:

The first post was from Nabs, as usual, but he edited it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47247458&postcount=5073

It surprised the fuck out of me

------

Alright, so they just removed the CDkey from Arkham City as well

2 minutes ago Removed ShowCDKeyOnLaunch – 1
2 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp57400\SteamKey
2 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistrationMethod – registry
2 minutes ago Changed changenumber – 282126 › 306791

They also added a redemption subscription for vanilla AC.

------

2 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp57400\SteamKey

We're watching you closely Nabs!!!

Echoplx

------

Guess that means no free upgrade? :/

Seagoon

I'm thinking of cancelling my pre-order of Battlefield 4 and grabbing Payday 2 instead.

Good idea? BF4 beta bored me to tears and I don't think the full game will change that opinion much.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

------

Go on.

We all know it's coming. But I feel like there's a "OMG, will it actually happen?" atmosphere.

MRORANGE

I haven't but I've watched a lot of videos around Payday 2 and the idea of it has me intrigued. I don't think there is a demo which is a shame.

There was a demo if I recall if you had payday 1 or pre-ordered, the 2nd is a great game but it's best to play 1 to see if you like it.

Storm360

Eh, I wouldn't mind non GOTY AA on Steam, it bugs me I have AA GOTY, but base AC and AC GOTY

Now the true issue is finding a non GOTY copy

Jase is the only one who will be happy coming out of this situation lol

I'm okay since I have both GOTY editions on Steam, I know there will be people left out in the cold though.

So they will patch GFWL out for the Arkham City GOTY version only? If what will happen with the Non-GOTY version?

jediyoshi

I wouldn't mind paying, the problem is the upgrade path will almost certainly just add another entry into your library, which is stupid.

Not actually sure how it looks on the back end, but I'd think they'd have the ability to just upgrade the current version without messing around with entries. Trine 2 still reads the same for me despite it being deprecated for Trine 2: Complete Edition.

Joe Molotov

------

What's going to happen to the people that have the vanilla AC plus all the DLC? The DLC is GFWL too, right or am I misremembering?

Not actually sure how it looks on the back end, but I'd think they'd have the ability to just upgrade the current version without messing around with entries. Trine 2 still reads the same for me despite it being deprecated for Trine 2: Complete Edition.

This is actually the most likely scenario.

Kammie

It's odd one of you regulars didn't post this release, unless I missed it anyway. Not sure why it's not showing up on the release list.

3y8LrE0.jpg

Pinball FX2 - Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack (3 tables $9.99)

Edit: ... apparently I haven't had the show dlc button on for a long time, so it was up there. Either way, Return of the Jedi table seems like it will be easy for those that don't suck, which I do.
I'll get these on sale since I'm not a Star Wars fan (and I've been spending too much money on games lately), but from what people are saying, they're great tables.

They also released a trailer for a Dr. Strange table (looks nice and open, the way I like my tables), and revealed they'll be doing a Deadpool one, too. Sounds good!

Echoplx

That's true, I forgot about Trine 2. I was thinking of the situation with Deus Ex, which seems more comparable to this.

Grief.exe

Like me... and that makes me angry!!!!

I'm sure they won't leave us out in the cold.

It looks like they will be patching out GFWL from the vanilla versions as well, as they have finally begun touching up the registry entries with some required changes.

I was referring to people who have previously purchased the DLC through the GFWL store once it was removed from Steam. Those are the people who will be left out in the cold.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
It looks like they will be patching out GFWL from the vanilla versions as well, as they have finally begun touching up the registry entries with some required changes.

I was referring to people who have previously purchased the DLC through the GFWL store once it was removed from Steam. Those are the people who will be left out in the cold.
Mmm, what do you mean?
I bought Harley's Revenge through Steam, it should still be playable, right?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Oh that sucks, looked interesting from what I saw, by was do you mean its sorted now?
The online being non-functional made almost everyone universally upset. TotalBiscuit even made a video telling people not to buy until its fixed.

Is it better now, really wanted to pick some copies up for friends but heard online had issues

I will retry here in a bit. Will stream in a few minutes. Installing now.

Here tis:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Satazius -- MB-428EB0650C5D778F - Taken by Kirosia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom