• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the only Batman game I'm missing. I already have Asylum GOTY, City vanilla, City GOTY and Origins vanilla. It's the missing piece of a beautiful bat-shaped puzzle.

iJs6to8RBeOEl.gif

More important question as I had to update the skin which fixed the issue above, does changing your password disrupt all authorizations? Want to give access to a friend who I trust but even still I'm not sure I want to leave the same password in place after authorizing his computer.

The missions give a bit of context on the characters that form the primary motivation of the character on the cover of the box.

I understand it's four or five hours for narratives sake. The problem is the preamble to the main story of AC3 is as long as some games are. It took several hours for the main game to actually begin. Even when Connor finally gets his assassin's robes, you get pulled out of the Animus to play as Desmond in the modern era.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I understand it's four or five hours for narratives sake. The problem is the preamble to the main story of AC3 is as long as some games are. It took several hours for the main game to actually begin. Even when Connor finally gets his assassin's robes, you get pulled out of the Animus to play as Desmond in the modern era.

It's par for the course for Assassin's Creed games. The pacing of the games isn't meant for everyone.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
More important question as I had to update the skin which fixed the issue above, does changing your password disrupt all authorizations? Want to give access to a friend who I trust but even still I'm not sure I want to leave the same password in place after authorizing his computer.

Changing your password won't remove authorised devices vis-a-vis Family Sharing but it will revoke Steam Guard authorisations.

Can't wait for Origins GOTY!

:fistbump:

KarmaCow

Man RE6 is a weird garbled game. I can see how 400 bagillion people worked on it when the game feels less than the sum of its parts.

The Leon/Helena stuff is mishmash of attempts at classic RE with over the top action semi-QTE sequences. The problem is that the game seems to heavily favour meleeing enemies so it's not really scary when the best option is to run into zombies to roundhouse kick them to the ground and then insta-kill them. The constant teasing from Helena refusing to tell you what she knows for reasons was also pretty annoying.

The Chris/Piers stuff feels more in line with the mechanics from the one chapter I played. It was really satisfying to rush into a crowd and power punch enemies across the room, even though it seemed like they wanted you to use cover. They really wanted that CoD audience though, even going as far as to have slowmo breach type moments...except it happened in the middle of a fight when I had to reload so I was left to watch Chris reload in slowmo while the hostage got her throat slit.

I haven't tried the Jake/Sherry levels yet but I hear Jake is even more melee focused so that should be interesting.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

2 world 2 -- MB-FBE8EA18A0F218AD - Taken by drizzle
fairy bloom fiesta -- MB-DF4741467D1F5859 - Taken by Kuroyume
slowdown affect -- MB-7FE43DDE9C3D26EE - Taken by neoism
crusade the king 2 -- MB-39B1933DF0E855E2 - Taken by 3chopl0x
supppppppppp

i r bad @ modbot

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
lol wonder what JaseC will do went he has every game on steam :p
I predict that's when he'll finally snap because he literally cannot have every game on Steam.

We're all okay now because he still has a few more knots to climb on the rope. Who knows what kind of man he'll become when he reaches for the celing only to discover the last distance is unknotted and just out of reach.

Changing your password won't remove authorised devices vis-a-vis Family Sharing but it will revoke Steam Guard authorisations.

Ah that's right, will just leave it then.

For the person who authorized the gaffer which gave then gave him beta access, did that happen after you logged into the other gaffers steam account to do the same or did he instantly have that option after you authorized his computer?

Faustek

.....did 198 Linux games appear on Steam recently? I can remember seeing 301 games for Linux earlier this week when searching and now today I see 499.

Or is it just tons of DLC/OST that got "ported/added"?

JaseC

Ah that's right, will just leave it then.

I was wrong on Steam Guard authorisations being removed, but I think it may depend on how long it's been since you've authorised the device. I had to re-authorise Firefox on my laptop following the first password change, however this wasn't the case after I changed it again (and again, just to be sure).

.....did 198 Linux games appear on Steam recently? I can remember seeing 301 games for Linux earlier this week when searching and now today I see 499.

Or is it just tons of DLC/OST that got "ported/added"?

The figure on the Linux landing page, in the "Find more" box, includes all purchasable content, whereas if you click the link you'll see that there are only 209 actual games available. You're seeing 499 because you've not limited the scope of the search, so trailers and mods are showing up, too.

The Chris/Piers stuff feels more in line with the mechanics from the one chapter I played. It was really satisfying to rush into a crowd and power punch enemies across the room, even though it seemed like they wanted you to use cover.

The combat system is completely melee focused and all of the game's mechanics revolve around it. One of the things that does make it often not very scary but when the systems are so intricate and involved It doesn't really matter. Leon's campaign actually has quite a few moments where it wants you to use all the mechanics present like rolling and sliding on the floor as you'll see.

And the game never really wants you to use cover, it's just an option. They give you extreme mobility(running, sliding, rolling, crawling, etc) for a reason. Chris's campaign even has enemies that send tentacles at you if you stay in it and pull you out, dragging you into the open. And the campaign in question starts out much more focused on action and squad movement it begins to take that all away as you go along.

Jake's campaign definitely has the most melee actions though. Jake has exclusive hand to hand actions(his fists are a weapon) and sherry has a shock rod. Every weapon in the game can be used for melee though.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Dat midweek madness. Grabbed Dust, loving it. Feels exactly like the kind of game I wanted to play right now.

Dat exploration, dat fluidness, dat saturday cartoon feel. It's pretty fucking great you guys.

Finished up the main campaign in RE:Revelations on normal and I enjoyed it pretty decently. Took me around 6-7 hours to finish the campaign which is divided into episodes Alan Wake style.

The amount of back tracking in the boat got kind of tiresome at some points but there's enough diversification in the environments to keep you interested. There are swimming levels in the game which seems odd but it's neither terrible nor great, while swimming it can be finicky to trigger button prompts.

There's a pretty wide array of enemies with some having some unique attributes and I really liked some of the boss fights. Invisible
hunters
can suck it.

Raid mode adds some hilarity as enemies will have different attribute bonuses like extra strength or defense. There's even a speed mod which makes em small so you'll see a tiny little two foot Hunter running around looking like a cute little machine of death.

I plan on doing an Inferno run and what's great is new game+ let's you carry over weapons from different difficulties.

Dat midweek madness. Grabbed Dust, loving it. Feels exactly like the kind of game I wanted to play right now.

Dat exploration, dat fluidness, dat saturday cartoon feel. It's pretty fucking great you guys.

I'm still shocked Noggy did all that by himself with the level of quality in the animations and artwork. I know it took him a while but I bet it took a ton of patience.

I agree that it's pretty awesome, I picked it up last year on 360 but was thinking about double dipping. There's no content exclusive to PC right? Just upgraded visuals with 1080p I'm guessing. Might be worth it for that as the 360 version had some serious dips in frame rate when shit got crazy.

JaseC

Bah, I noticed in the registry that Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter had seen some updates a few hours ago and got excited because I thought Hasbro was finally bringing over its D&D stuff, but it's the MMO. :(

Edit: Regarding Asylum/City vanilla keys activating vanilla Steam copies, it's possible that, since WB is taking this route, it'll return the City DLC to the store for individual purchase. Allowing people to redeem their vanilla City keys only to force them to purchase City GOTY for the DLC seems rather silly (Asylum vanilla never had DLC on Steam, apparently, so maybe that'll be brought over).

Cru

Just in case anyone missed it.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Takedown: Red Sabre -- MB-6C8E5D761839060E - Taken by Spawn. 31 entrants total.

t1381979303z1.png

Soule

Maaaan I've had Civ V for a long time but only just really got into it now, game is addictive as fuck and I'm craving that expansion now (also game is fucking long, it just won't end..). C'mon Steam, come through with that good sale like you always do.

Maaaan I've had Civ V for a long time but only just really got into it now, game is addictive as fuck and I'm craving that expansion now (also game is fucking long, it just won't end..). C'mon Steam, come through with that good sale like you always do.

It was just on sale less than 2 weeks ago during the 2k publisher sale. I think you"re gonna have to wait a while.

The Acid-spitters in Teleglitch are asses. Game is so much fun to play though, digging the recently added controller support. Would be a great vita game.

OT or not, but did anyone catch that one and done "Bioshock 2 is the Empire Strikes Back of Bioshocks" thread? I can't decide if it was because the entirety of the OP was "agree/disagree, discuss?" or if there could possibly be an opinion more objectively wrong

JaseC

OT or not, but did anyone catch that one and done "Bioshock 2 is the Empire Strikes Back of Bioshocks" thread? I can't decide if it was because the entirety of the OP was "agree/disagree, discuss?" or if there could possibly be an opinion more objectively wrong

The former. You can't couple a title like that with an OP three words in length. Put forward an argument.

Trying to play that game has made me realise I'm completely thick. I just can't seem to grasp it at all. I've been doing the tutorials and can't get a handle on building roads/linking towns. Sorry, bit OT really.

Is the Stanley Parable going to cost anything when it comes out? Just confused about whether it's a graphical remake or the mod or a complete overhaul. Downloading the demo now in any case as I read that it was unrelated to the whole. Looking forward to it.

Soule

By next month I will have more games on Desura than any non-PC console I've ever owned.

... and I've never used Desura.

Never even looked at Desura out of sheer laziness. But if it's another way to hoard things for my backlog without using it I'll be damned if I don't step up now.
It was just on sale less than 2 weeks ago during the 2k publisher sale. I think you"re gonna have to wait a while.

Breaking my balls, man did I nail that timing.
Yeah the civ games are way too simplistic for me. I much prefer the Total War and Paradox grand strategy games. There's a lot more to both of those than the Civs.

Actually it was from idling for cards that I got into Civ, I was in Europa Universalis III and got me craving for some of dat sweet strategy but that looked complex as fuck (on top of that it kept crashing during the tutorial). Had Civ V installed from idling earlier and since I had the itch it was really easy to transition over. First Civ game I've played despite owning 3 & 4 as well but I'm definitely a fan now.

JaseC

What's the opinion on Knights and Merchants?

It's a lovely, charming RTS. Focus is placed on micromanaging your kingdom, including requiring paths between buildings, as you work through the steps in order to manufacture food (your people, and troops, get hungry), armour and weapons for your castle and, later, gold, so you can continue training people: for example, to create a lance, you need to build a schoolhouse (to train folks, though it's usually provided by default), then a woodcutter's cut, next a sawmill, and finally a weapons workshop.

Combat in the game is a little deeper than the likes of Age of Empires, as troops can be set in formations, have their specific strengths and weaknesses (e.g. lancemen are not particularly well-suited for person-to-person combat but can take down horse-riding scouts with ease), not to mention there's friendly fire from ranged troops; however it can be frustrating due to the game's rather poor AI path system.

A group of people took it upon themselves to "remake" the game and fix a lot of niggling issues (such as the making the aforementioned path system less annoying), however at present the installer is not compatible with the Steam version (I imagine the files themselves are, but unfortunately a zip package isn't offered).

Dec

Bah, I noticed in the registry that Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter had seen some updates a few hours ago and got excited because I thought Hasbro was finally bringing over its D&D stuff, but it's the MMO. :(

Edit: Regarding Asylum/City vanilla keys activating vanilla Steam copies, it's possible that, since WB is taking this route, it'll return the City DLC to the store for individual purchase. Allowing people to redeem their vanilla City keys only to force them to purchase City GOTY for the DLC seems rather silly (Asylum vanilla never had DLC on Steam, apparently, so maybe that'll be brought over).

So Neverwinter is coming to steam? I think I'm the only person on GAF that still plays and posts in the OT.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Trying to play that game has made me realise I'm completely thick. I just can't seem to grasp it at all. I've been doing the tutorials and can't get a handle on building roads/linking towns. Sorry, bit OT really.

If it's like Civ2/SMAC: Make terraformer units (whatever Civ calls them)->flatten the road/remove bloackages if tile has blockage->make road next turn or with another terraforming unit.

I had massive road networks in SMAC in one game.

I haven't gotten around to playing Civ3 (or 5, which I both own) just yet. Since SMAC is Civ2 and I dunno if I want to ruin the replayability of SMAC/SMAX for me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom