• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
HD version of my favorite gif is now complete

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

Use it for when Destiny, Titanfall, and MGSV are announced for Steam.

It even has what appears to be vanilla icing, perfect for when I get my long-awaited vanilla-flavoured desert.

Edit: I suck at tabbed browsing. :(

Edit edit:
Great, I really appreciate it. :) I'll send off an e-mail now. Hopefully it's read before the order is processed.

Success!

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your email.

We haev cancelled the order and processed a refund on your card
The refund transaction number is NONEOFYOURBUSINESS

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Jawmuncher

I finally got my first foil card!
Really surprised it took this damn long.

Going to see if I can sell it at 4 bucks. Cheapest price but these things aren't really selling.
Also since i'm talking foils I bought the foil set for RE6. Amazingly enough I grabbed all 8 cards for like 2 bucks each. Still a lot but pretty cheap considering most foil prices.

EDIT: I'm using the Steam Achievement Manager to idle game cards so I don't get swarmed when I get back.

Grief.exe

It even has what appears to be vanilla icing, perfect for when I get my long-awaited vanilla-flavoured desert.

Edit: I suck at tabbed browsing. :(

Jase's face when the AA/AC Redemption options were added to the registry

iTs2jKw2iV7KM.gif

I wish I could make this gif in HD, its another one of my favorites. I just did some research and its from an episode of Baywatch called 'Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?' Unfortunately, I don't think there is any demand for a Baywatch Bluray release, so all of the episodes are in 240p.

Sajjaja

iTs2jKw2iV7KM.gif

I wish I could make this gif in HD, its another one of my favorites. I just did some research and its from an episode of Baywatch called 'Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?' Unfortunately, I don't think there is any demand for a Baywatch Bluray release, so all of the episodes are in 240p.

GIF's not playing.

zkylon

zkylewd

Going to see if I can sell it at 4 bucks. Cheapest price but these things aren't really selling.
Also since i'm talking foils I bought the foil set for RE6. Amazingly enough I grabbed all 8 cards for like 2 bucks each. Still a lot but pretty cheap considering most foil prices.

EDIT: I'm using the Steam Achievement Manager to idle game cards so I don't get swarmed when I get back.

JADE PENETRATE

that's amusing

99 Hells is on Greenlight, if that matters. I'm not familiar with the game, though.
useless suarez is useless

Hanzou

iTs2jKw2iV7KM.gif

Thats Shawn Michaels right?

More Dark Souls Impressions

Still dicking around, still dying for doing dumbshit, still hilarious..

until that Capra Demon boss fight, FUCK THOSE DOGS, SERIOUSLY (Capra demon himself ain't shit though).

finally killed his ass and went to the depths

got hugged by a blob, experienced my first curse and cheesed a fucking huge rat.

had to complete the dungeon that with that curse since I wasted the only purging stone I had due to dumbshit and to add salt to the wound I didn't know that shady ass shop keeper in the sewer (who sells behind a gate) sold them until after D:

Boss looked cool but was fucking garbage (dat slow ass rush attack) so i murdered his ass and got the key to Blighttown. Now that's where i'm heading the next time I get a chance to play.

Still liking what the game throws at me since it keeps me on my toes, plus I usually laugh when I do something dumb.

Whoa, this has cards? Steam has picked up this habit of only showing badge progress of games I've already gotten cards from, so I had no idea!

A question on achievement manager though: Exceed isn't in the list that it pulls up, is it kosher to add in the app ID and do it that way?

zkylon

zkylewd
More Dark Souls Impressions

Still dicking around, still dying for doing dumbshit, still hilarious..

until that Capra Demon boss fight, FUCK THOSE DOGS, SERIOUSLY (Capra demon himself ain't shit though).

finally killed his ass and went to the depths

got hugged by a blob, experienced my first curse and cheesed a fucking huge rat.

had to complete the dungeon that with that curse since I wasted the only purging stone I had due to dumbshit and to add salt to the wound I didn't know that shady ass shop keeper in the sewer (who sells behind a gate) sold them until after D:

Boss looked cool but was fucking garbage (dat slow ass rush attack) so i murdered his ass and got the key to Blighttown. Now that's where i'm heading the next time I get a chance to play.

Still liking what the game throws at me since it keeps me on my toes, plus I usually laugh when I do something dumb.
I dunno how people manage to get cursed, I never in my three playthroughs got cursed and only found out curses existed after reading it in the wiki

shady guy shows up back at the firelink shrine (
just below the bridge thta leads to undead burg
) if you ever need him again. he sells some cool shit later on

Jawmuncher

Whoa, this has cards? Steam has picked up this habit of only showing badge progress of games I've already gotten cards from, so I had no idea!

A question on achievement manager though: Exceed isn't in the list that it pulls up, is it kosher to add in the app ID and do it that way?

Yep just add the game ID.
It doesn't show because it doesn't have achievements, but you can still select it once you add the game ID.

JaseC

iTs2jKw2iV7KM.gif

If you really want a higher-res, non-interlaced version, you could hunt down a DVD. From a cursory glance, the rips floating around on the 'net are 512x384.

useless suarez is useless

:(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm thinking about nabbing humble bundle weekly... but then I realized I haven't played any videogames at all for over a month... is it over? am I done with gaming?

dunno about the other games but the void is one of my favorites

just look at that shit, it's beautiful...

That's what I'm saying(and I would agree with given my many posts on the matter and thread done for Knock-Knock) The Void is one of the best, most unique games out there in the medium so to see it among games that look rather cheap and crass is a great shame.

Grief.exe

If you really want a higher-res, non-interlaced version, you could hunt down a DVD. From a cursory glance, the rips floating around on the 'net are 512x384.

:(

I guess I could do that.

I feel like if I am going through the effort I want to downsample from 1080p, but that is just the PC gamer side of me talking.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's what I'm saying(and I would agree with given my many posts on the matter and thread done for Knock-Knock) The Void is one of the best, most unique games out there in the medium so to see it among games that look rather cheap and crass is a great shame.

how did you get your quoted pics to scale all pretty and same-size

mine look awful :(

and yeah I'm just agreeing with you, the void is super duper awesome

it's got everything you'd want:
* ugly duders shaped like killer accordions and birdcages
* farming
* russian waifus
* picking flowers
* survival-horror-esque resource management, combat using magic against crazy bosses and monsters of every shape and size and a bizarre storyline through a surreal psychological horror interpretation of hell

I'm curious, what's considered the good movie out of those lol. I don't really watch martial arts movies. Last one I saw was The Raid.

The Limey, one of Soderbergh's best films and not at all a picture in the vain of the others.

how did you get your quoted pics to scale all pretty and same-size

mine look awful :(

Quote the post again and it should show how I did it. To explain though, you link them one after the other(although you can hit enter if needed) and then quote every image at once(one set of quote tags).

Edit: Although in this case your images are vastly different in size and ratio so I don't think there's any way to make them look pretty like that.

zkylon

zkylewd
Quote the post again and it should show how I did it. To explain though, you link them one after the other(although you can hit enter if needed) and then quote every image at once(one set of quote tags).

Edit: Although in this case your images are vastly different in size and ratio so I don't think there's any way to make them look pretty like that.

yea that's what I usually do but these pics are so bad it just went crazy

good thing there's you to correct my horrid performance at promoting the game

Link doesn't work. I'm still sad. :(
click harder

if that doesn't work try rebooting your computer

I love when games have a resolution limit but instead of preventing you from using it they instead accept it thus preventing access to menus or the game itself. Trying to find the config document in the Stanley Parable folder :/

And thanks zkylon :D

Arthea

Unexpectedly, Ace Patrol runs real bad. Haven't seen that coming. Not sure where problem lies too. It feels very sluggish and I have to click everything repeatedly for a game to acknowledge input.
*insert sad panda here*

edited: I'm probably very late with this, but there are free games (bundle for desura) to be had with new indie Royale bundle, I actually got two of free bundles, so I assume everybody gets.

Arthea

The Void looks and sounds great, but I'm reluctant, as there is some bad word of mouth travelling around about this game, that it's no fun to play at all.

zkylon

zkylewd
The Void looks and sounds great, but I'm reluctant, as there is some bad word of mouth travelling around about this game, that it's no fun to play at all.

it's a bit harsh which I think it's the worse thing about it when it comes to reeling people in. there are mods to fix that though, and they make it a lot more forgiving while remaining true to the overall depressing mood of the game

but yeah don't go into it expecting no half life 2 or whatever kids find fun these days

it's something like a mix of stalker and cart life in both gameplay and mood, and those are two unconventionally fun games, so buyer beware, etc.

then again we're talking about less than 2 bucks here so you might as well give it a shot, if anything for the amazing visuals

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Number of play hours bugged?

How will they write our history?

JaseC

mmm, will have to look harder

this is the second "gift" that doesn't work out for me today

You can consult this handy chart.

Number of play hours bugged?

How will they write our history?

It will be written by the victors. Also, it's only the client that's having issues with reporting the correct amount of time and the figure corrects itself when you load up a game.

JaseC

47 and 97 are the same

we both have failed saorise

Bah, good catch. I had a problem with a few dupes when I moved over some avatars I'd made on the PC and didn't realise I'd already copied them to my laptop some time earlier. I thought I got them all but apparently one slipped through the cracks. Renaming 98 onwards is going to be annoying. :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Bah, good catch. I had a problem with a few dupes when I moved over some avatars I'd made on the PC and didn't realise I'd already copied them to my laptop some time earlier. I thought I got them all but apparently one slipped through the cracks. Renaming 98 onwards is going to be annoying. :p
well at least it's not that many

I have like 600 pictures of a certain actress and over 1k of a certain game and rooting out dupes has been my life's work

JaseC

Thanks for Necrovision: Lost Company, JaseC.

tumblr_inline_mjs7moecDV1qz4rgp.gif

No worries. :) I was beginning to wonder if it going to find a home. :p

well at least it's not that many

I have like 600 pictures of a certain actress and over 1k of a certain game and rooting out dupes has been my life's work

Yeah, but it's still an utterly dull, boring task. A "five minutes feels like forever" situation. :p

Edit: GamersGate's new Daily is 50% off Reus ($5). Also, Metro: Last Light is 50% off ($19.98) and Metro 2033 75% off ($3.74) for the weekend.

JaseC

how about select all of them and rename them to "suarez av" so windows names them suarez av (1), suarez av (2), suarez av (3), etc.

I considered that, but I don't like the brackets. ;) I suppose I could whip together a quick .bat file to rename the images; it'd be slightly quicker than doing it entirely by myself.

Edit: I'm partially joking about the brackets thing. I have my system and I like it. ;)

MNC

I finished a game! Sleeping Dogs was madly fun. Definitely going for all achievements. The credits were insanely long though. You don't fucking credit every single song in seperate paragraphs.

JaseC

I finished a game! Sleeping Dogs was madly fun. Definitely going for all achievements. The credits were insanely long though. You don't fucking credit every single song in seperate paragraphs.

Sleeping Dogs was the first game in which I nabbed all the achievements. I need to finish the DLC so I can get back to 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom