• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezard

I like sellings cards. Everything is from selling cards (and some TF2 items I had no interest in since I don't play TF2).

b75950fbf7.png

But but... in the long run you will lose on it. We all know Steam levels are going to become the next big thing.

Dr Dogg

Wario64 keeps talking on and on about how he has games that are not available on Steam thanks to Family Sharing.

Having access to them is different than "having" them.

Well to paraphrase Game of Thrones

"When you play the game of Steam, you own or you don't. There is no middle ground."

ie; Unless your games owned numbers go up it's meaningless. Otherwise we all cozy up to JaseC to own more than any of us would possibly dare to buy.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
This is a "for funsies" post.

The official price of the Playstation 4 was announced in Brazil today: R$ 3999.00 (the equivalent of 1833.14 USD).

The Xbox One costs R$ 2200.00 (the equivalent of 1008.48 USD).

Games for both platforms are between RS 174.99 (80.22 USD) and R$ 199.99 (91.96 USD).

Yeah, fuck console gaming.. :D

derExperte

Wario64 keeps talking on and on about how he has games that are not available on Steam thanks to Family Sharing.

Having access to them is different than "having" them.

That's like saying Battlefield 4 is on Steam because you can put a shortcut to it in your library. Just feels wrong.

This is a "for funsies" post.

The official price of the Playstation 4 was announced in Brazil today: R$ 3999.00 (the equivalent of 1833.14 USD).

The Xbox One costs R$ 2200.00 (the equivalent of 1008.48 USD).

Games for both platforms are between RS 174.99 (80.22 USD) and R$ 199.99 (91.96 USD).

Yeah, fuck console gaming.. :D

And how much does a fairly nice gaming PC cost in brazil? (something like an i5 and a GTX 770)?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
And how much does a fairly nice gaming PC cost in brazil? (something like an i5 and a GTX 770)?

a GTX 770 is probably a million dollars. (fake edit: it's 785.33 USD).

You can buy a decent rig from scratch for less than 2k reais (the price of the xboxone here). You won't have a GTX770 though.

Sadly, AMD videocards are usually much cheaper as well. You can get a 7850 (my current card, and not much worse than the newly announced R8 - or whatever they're called - series) for 350 dollars.

GTX 770 is like 774 USD there.

EDIT: Poor Salsa.

Salsa is not Brazilian. The PS4 will probably be cheaper in Uruguay. It already is in Chile - It's the equivalent to 687.60 USD there.

Nobody cares about Steam levels....right?

Being at the top of the friends lists of all of your friends is about as good as e-peen gets, my friend.

a GTX 770 is probably a million dollars. (fake edit: it's 785.33 USD).

You can buy a decent rig from scratch for less than 2k reais (the price of the xboxone here). You won't have a GTX770 though.

Sadly, AMD videocards are usually much cheaper as well. You can get a 7850 (my current card, and not much worse than the newly announced R8 - or whatever they're called - series) for 350 dollars.

Ouch.

So I guess AMD PCs are the way to go for gaming in Brazil?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ouch.

So I guess AMD PCs are the way to go for gaming in Brazil?

AMD videocards, yes. Processors? No fucking way.. I mean, you could... but.. are you some sort of lunatic?

The 50-100 price difference from AMD to NVidia Videocards in the US usually translates to double the price down here. Also, there's no such thing as price drops or sales.

Li Kao

I'm about halfway through Rogue Legacy and I've got a few questions:

1. How many lives did it take to beat the game, if you have? I'm on around 75 and I have two bosses beaten and I can probably beat a third by level 85 or so.
  2. I'm playing the GOG version, which I got a while back. Can I transfer my save over to Steam if I get that version soon?
  3. What are the go-to runes to use? I'm stacking vampire ones right now.

1 - Hmm, seems like you are more or less with me on that one: 96 for the first run and 25 more (121) for the second run.
2 - No idea.
3 - IIRC: Vampirism x3 / Flight / Double-Jump.

Edit - Okay, so I hate when I am on the front with a simple answer :eek:

Derrick01

Banned
So are we expecting the batman games to update today? I've spent the better part of 10 hours downloading Arkham City in preparation (interrupted by GTA online last night and sleep, my internet isn't THAT bad).

Twinduct

So .... how's Ass Creed 3? I mean if you ignore the glaring faults I read it (pacing etc) is there still a decent Ass Creed game beneath everything?

Is the DLC decent?

My friend's gotten some type of 'fuck you ubisoft' thing going so I can borrow his uplay account but don't want to waste the bandwidth if it's proper proper crap.

Xanathus

So .... how's Ass Creed 3? I mean if you ignore the glaring faults I read it (pacing etc) is there still a decent Ass Creed game beneath everything?

Is the DLC decent?

My friend's gotten some type of 'fuck you ubisoft' thing going so I can borrow his uplay account but don't want to waste the bandwidth if it's proper proper crap.

It's worth playing for free, I liked it for what it is. It's definitely pretty.

Accoun

Kamui is pretty good from the demo (it was on their Kickstarter page), Higurashi spawned a hit/cult anime series and I think the VN itself was pretty good as well, according to my friend (although the graphics look terribly amateur IIRC). I thing another friend said he really liked eXceed shmups as well. So I guess it's worth buying.

chronomac

I cannot confirm (don't own the game) but PCGW and the Rogue Legacy wiki say yes. The Steam version should look in the same place the GOG version does for saves, so everything should just work. No copying needed.

Awesome. Thanks for the response, and thanks to everyone else who gave me their accounts of playing the game. I really like the game but I feel I have to limit myself to no more than 2 hours of playing at a time before I feel I'm just grinding myself in place.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This is for GOG, but I figured people might be interested. There's currently a giveaway for Carmageddon Max Pack on Reddit. 50,000 GOG keys available. (Reddit account required).

"Code already used."

And I'm not the only one that is getting that. So...

fantomena

Off-Topic: Hey guys, I need help. Could somebody who knows how to edit a gif? I need this gif edited
ps4dog.gif

I want to versions of this gif

First one: I simply want to replace the letter "PS4" on the dog with the word "Høyre" and the dog with "Xbox" on with "FrP".

Second One: I simply want to replace the letter "PS4" on the dog with the word "Ap" and the dog with "Xbox" on with "FrP".

The Wii U I simply want removed on both.

Would be great, thanks in advance.

Did not know where to ask about this. Making a full thread on off-topic forum on GAF seems a bit extreme.

NVIDIA just may have hinted at Destiny for PC. They listed Bungie as one of the premier developers in their conference going on right now. There's no other game Bungie could possibly be developing for the PC at the moment...

MRORANGE

Off-Topic: Hey guys, I need help. Could somebody who knows how to edit a gif edit this gif?
ps4dog.gif

I want to versions of this gif

First one: I simply want to replace the letter "PS4" on the dog with the word "Høyre" and the dog with "Xbox" on with "FrP".

Second One: I simply want to replace the letter "PS4" on the dog with the word "Ap" and the dog with "Xbox" on with "FrP".

The Wii U I simply want removed on both.

Would be great, thanks in advance.

Did not know where to ask about this. Making a full thread on off-topic forum on GAF seems a bit extreme.

Edit each frame in ps or use animation shop.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475619

Are the games in Doujin Bundle 2 any good? I've never heard of any of them, though the shmups intrigue me.

Simply put, Kamui is the game that marked the entry to the Windows era for japanese indie games. Since its inception it has had more reprints than I can think off, only rivaled by Hellsinker (who by now is going its 8th reprint) and the Windows Touhou games. It's heavily influenced by RayForce, the first game of the Ray series by Taito.

Siter Skain is the circle that has inspired the likes of Edelweiss to devote themselves as smaller devs. The head of the group has been making stuff since long before a lot were born, his first project being on the FM Towns japanese PC. The guy knows his stuff. Just take a look to the original ALLTYNEX on FM Towns: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmpyK0qiEkk

Kamui was the natural evolution of some of those mechanics displayed on Alltynex and a huge emphasis on the two-plane combat with background/foreground threats. It's more about the mechanical carnage than the bullet patterns. I freaking love this game, period, I even hunted down a retail copy.

Hatoful Boyfriend is a must-have. A fierce parody of a lot of things. With pigeons. And other birds too. The dev even has a white pigeon as a mascot. Enough said. There is another series trying to ride that comet, the Paca Project (Paca Plus, aka, "my girlfriend became an alpaca", yes, Japan :p). Words fail me to describe this game.

Armed Seven just had its debut. By the same devs of Satazius and I have a soft spot for Astro Port stuff. Mecha action in shooter form. The key here is the weapons selection that allows plenty of combinations. Easy mode IS Easy once you get used to the controls. Quoting myself: mechatastic. Ok, maybe not as mechatastic as Gigantic Army, which is plain unadulterated awesome, but still damn nice.

Hellsinker is a revered legend by most japanese indie devs and his mysterious dev, Tonnor, is a puzzle as well. The game is pretty much the Radiant Silvergun of the doujins in terms of its sheer complexity, length and overall awesomeness factor, with the music playing also a key part in the experience (stages and bosses are sometimes synchronized to it). It's WEIRD. Weird as hell, featuring one of the best final boss battles ever which, depending on your performance, can have several outcomes. (For example, you can face three different types of the "True Last Boss", all radically different and weirder.) Bosses are some of the craziest things around too, ranging from ships, an enormous mecha dragon to A TOTAL KARMA COMPRESSOR SYSTEM NAMED "GARLAND". Like that, in caps. It's also full of awesomely engrish quotes, like the boss warning with that "KEEP YOUR DIGNITY" and "AWESOME PRAYER".

Higurashi When They Cry is a VN, like Hatoful. In this case it's more of a horror VN. Can't speak much of it but heard it's very good, aside from the original art, which isn't very pleasing to the eyes. This game has spawned the mother lode of stuff, spin offs and continuations so perhaps it helps to see how it all began.

eXceed 2nd Vampire REX features the polarity switch mechanic similar to Ikaruga and combines it with some Touhouesque bullet hell and great music. Very enjoyable and has adjustable difficulty that allows quite some flexibility. Gets tough as hell towards the end but you can get plenty of lives.

eXceed 3rd JP-BP has one of the best OST around, pure metal goodeness from SSH. Anyway, it's a balanced shooter, very accesible where Easy mode is also Easy and you can even enable auto-bomb. Very nice graphics and presentation too.

Both eXceed titles are fully voiced in japanese.

Hope that helps. This is probably my second longest post at GAF!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Are the games in Doujin Bundle 2 any good? I've never heard of any of them, though the shmups intrigue me.
Short answer is yeah. You probably want to pose this question in [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697939]the thread[/URL] though as the only guaranteed keys for this bundle are the two eXceed games. Plus Hellsinker and Hatoful Boyfriend will probably neeeeever be on Steam.

Parsnip

Is the DLC decent?

It's alright. They didn't break the core mechanics of stabbing dudes and such, and the ship stuff is fun times. Cities are boring and flat but the wilderness traversal feels like magic when it works, and then feels like shit when you take a wrong turn and run out of branches that are leading to the direction you actually want to go.

The DLC is pretty interesting with the new powers. Story is whatever and Connor is still boring character, but I still enjoyed the gameplay.

For free, it would be a no-brainer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom