• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

I considered that, but I don't like the brackets. ;) I suppose I could whip together a quick .bat file to rename the images; it'd be slightly quicker than doing it entirely by myself.

You can use Total Commander's Mass Rename tool (Ctrl+M) and just pick a naming scheme like "Saoirse [C3:98]", should rename the files automatically.

Wok

Undercut like a boss.

InYKhFV.png

Héhé, I got a premium card on a game released two days ago.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Undercut like a boss.

InYKhFV.png

Héhé, I got a premium card on a game released two days ago.

My ingenious plan to pay for Thi4f with foil money hasn't progressed well at all: I've idled in at least a dozen or so games over the past couple of weeks but have snagged exactly zero foils.

Arthea

Oh, I got into family sharing beta, and last week no less (had flow of mails, haven't noticed invitation until now).
So, now I actually have to share it, haven't I?

Arthea

My ingenious plan to pay for Thi4f with foil money hasn't progressed well at all: I've idled in at least a dozen or so games over the past couple of weeks but have snagged exactly zero foils.

I had 3 foils total, all from drops, the best price I got was close to 1€ :(
For rarity of foils they are pretty cheap already.

zkylon

zkylewd
my friend with a whopping three (3) games has gotten into the family sharing beta while I haven't

his only reason to get into it was for me to lend him games

gaben why do you hate me

Arthea

I've been using this card market tracker to keep tabs on which games are worth idling in.

That's useful, thanks!

Talking about family sharing, I know they get own achievements, do they get cards too? And what happens if a person you are sharing library with breaks some rules, are you responsible?

my friend with a whopping three (3) games has gotten into the family sharing beta while I haven't

gaben why do you hate me

They probably give invitations to people who applied earlier?

I had 3 foils total, all from drops, the best price I got was close to 1€ :(
For rarity of foils they are pretty cheap already.

I've had 2 foils from some 90 eligible games. A Chivalry Summer card that I immediately sold for about $1.50 and a Defense Grid one that netted a whole 69 cents.

Nice to see Starship Corporation has been greenlit, it must have been the first games I followed on Greenlight when it started.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's useful, thanks!

Talking about family sharing, I know they get own achievements, do they get cards too? And what happens if a person you are sharing library with breaks some rules, are you responsible?

"No" to card drops, "yes" to you being held accountable for any transgressions. "But it was my brother, not me!" is just going to fall on deaf ears.

Arthea

"No" to card drops, "yes" to you being held accountable for any transgressions. "But it was my brother, not me!" is just going to fall on deaf ears.

yea, thought as much, oh well, one doesn't choose family and have to live with consequences regardless.

Hawkie

Sherlock.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sherlock Holmes v Jack the Ripper -- MB-4D4797B26747DCAF - Taken by Raytow

At this point I'm convinced foils are a liability if you're planning to sell them. The demand for them is extraordinarily low and most folks who buy foils now know that sellers will undercut each other mercilessly until the price crashes. If it sells you definitely get way more than you do for an ordinary card but getting that sale is very tricky.

Jawmuncher

There isn't a way to look at steam game sizes in a clear cut list is there?
I want to download a few games on this laptop (I can do anything under 200mb with the wifi here) but I really don't want to have to load up a store page for each.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Totally worth the price. It has limited replayability though.
It's a lovely, charming RTS. Focus is placed on micromanaging your kingdom, including requiring paths between buildings, as you work through the steps in order to manufacture food (your people, and troops, get hungry), armour and weapons for your castle and, later, gold, so you can continue training people: for example, to create a lance, you need to build a schoolhouse (to train folks, though it's usually provided by default), then a woodcutter's cut, next a sawmill, and finally a weapons workshop.

Combat in the game is a little deeper than the likes of Age of Empires, as troops can be set in formations, have their specific strengths and weaknesses (e.g. lancemen are not particularly well-suited for person-to-person combat but can take down horse-riding scouts with ease), not to mention there's friendly fire from ranged troops; however it can be frustrating due to the game's rather poor AI path system.

A group of people took it upon themselves to "remake" the game and fix a lot of niggling issues (such as the making the aforementioned path system less annoying), however at present the installer is not compatible with the Steam version (I imagine the files themselves are, but unfortunately a zip package isn't offered).

So it's sorta like Majesty?

Also what makes it very little in replayability?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Trainz Simulator -- MB-4751A051402088C6 - Taken by Kifimbo

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
PSA

Steam keys for Talisman Prologue are now available on Desura.

It was in a Indie Gala bundle a while back...

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.

your friend sounds kind of shitty tbh, but then again I don't know if he's cool and helps you out in other ways like helping you fix your stuff or picking up the tab often when you go out or something

if he isn't I'd tell him no, because sharing goes both ways and you're getting fuck-all from him in exchange

good example of a cool dude:
A friend of me gifted me Spacebase DF-9 just because I helped him with some Philosophy homework the other day.

Kifimbo

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Trainz Simulator -- MB-4751A051402088C6 - Taken by Kifimbo

Dead anonymous benefactor, thanks for not telling me it was DLC for Trainz Simulator.

Dr Dogg

Afternoon SteamGAF.

Just checking through my horde of keys and I've still got loads of the Origin Bundle keys left to redeem. Now being a fool and giving EA my money way too early I own most of them but was wondering does redeeming a Steam key void the Origin key or are you left with a key for each platform? Checked the various FAQs but couldn't see an answer (I doubt either wants to mention a competitor either).

Any ideas? Cheers.

Afternoon SteamGAF.

Just checking through my horde of keys and I've still got loads of the Origin Bundle keys left to redeem. Now being a fool and giving EA my money way too early I own most of them but was wondering does redeeming a Steam key void the Origin key or are you left with a key for each platform? Checked the various FAQs but couldn't see an answer (I doubt either wants to mention a competitor either).

Any ideas? Cheers.

You have both sets of keys.

EDIT - so you may redeem one set and gift the others away to be redeemed.

honorless

Dead anonymous benefactor, thanks for not telling me it was DLC for Trainz Simulator.
It probably wasn't intentional. Modbot reformats game titles and might have eaten the DLC-indicating subtitle in the process.

...I've had some experience with that, unfortunately. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
your friend sounds kind of shitty tbh, but then again I don't know if he's cool and helps you out in other ways like helping you fix your stuff or picking up the tab often when you go out or something

if he isn't I'd tell him no, because sharing goes both ways and you're getting fuck-all from him in exchange

good example of a cool dude:

well he brings cookies with him sometimes

chronomac

I'm about halfway through Rogue Legacy and I've got a few questions:

1. How many lives did it take to beat the game, if you have? I'm on around 75 and I have two bosses beaten and I can probably beat a third by level 85 or so.
  2. I'm playing the GOG version, which I got a while back. Can I transfer my save over to Steam if I get that version soon?
  3. What are the go-to runes to use? I'm stacking vampire ones right now.

AHA-Lambda

1. How many lives did it take to beat the game, if you have? I'm on around 75 and I have two bosses beaten and I can probably beat a third by level 85 or so.
  2. I'm playing the GOG version, which I got a while back. Can I transfer my save over to Steam if I get that version soon?

1) It took me about 200 if I remember correctly.
2) No idea, sorry.
3) I used flight, vampirism and lower enemy scaling runes.

1. For me, much much more. I was at least 200 perhaps even 300 decedents in by the time I finished the game. Although knowing my tendency to just brute force your way through these games I am sure you can do it in far less.
2. No idea, sorry.
3. Vampires good, I stuck with a double jump, dash, vampire and 2 extra golds (exchanging the gold for more vampires in boss situations). That pretty much helped me through 99% of the game.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I'm still shocked Noggy did all that by himself with the level of quality in the animations and artwork. I know it took him a while but I bet it took a ton of patience.

I agree that it's pretty awesome, I picked it up last year on 360 but was thinking about double dipping. There's no content exclusive to PC right? Just upgraded visuals with 1080p I'm guessing. Might be worth it for that as the 360 version had some serious dips in frame rate when shit got crazy.

The best part is the attention to detail, going down a hill and going up a hill has two different animations, I love shit like that.

(Runs smooth as butter on PC so far, only about 2 hours in so maybe I haven't seen the true crazy)

Ah that's right, will just leave it then.

For the person who authorized the gaffer which gave then gave him beta access, did that happen after you logged into the other gaffers steam account to do the same or did he instantly have that option after you authorized his computer?

sorry was asleep. I guess when I logged into his account on my PC.

Looks like Batman Arkham Origins is getting stealth delayed on PC and the Nintendo platforms. GAME, Shopto and a few other UK retailers have pushed the date back to the 8th November. Not surprising tbh, didn't the same thing happen with the previous two games?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Wario64 keeps talking on and on about how he has games that are not available on Steam thanks to Family Sharing.

Having access to them is different than "having" them.

honorless

I'm playing the GOG version, which I got a while back. Can I transfer my save over to Steam if I get that version soon?
I cannot confirm (don't own the game) but PCGW and the Rogue Legacy wiki say yes. The Steam version should look in the same place the GOG version does for saves, so everything should just work. No copying needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom