• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
It's going to be sad when Destiny does finally come out and it's just Borderlands 2.5.

Glad someone said it. Other than being a different genre I struggle to find the difference between that game and a MMORPG. It's going to be nothing but endless trash loot and trash fetch quests because of the "anything is better with friends" design mantra.

Grief.exe

My god I hope that dog was ok. That's horrible.

I love dogs, vyt that gif never fails to bring out a chuckle.

Why doesn't this gif play, grief? I edited the tags out.

Edit: Oh wait, it does now. Thanks, chrome.

It wasn't your fault. The minus mobile app is a little strange. I fixed the issue.

That is the HD Shaw gif I made last night. Perfect opportunity to break it in.

It's going to be sad when Destiny does finally come out and it's just Borderlands 2.5.

Gross.

Bungie knows how to do great gameplay. The boring gameplay is what made me put down BL2.

And no ADS requirement in Destiny!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'd rather get Halo 2-3 properly ported by Bungie than Destiny, TBH.

"Code already used."

And I'm not the only one that is getting that. So...

GOG: "There is some glitch in the giveaway bot's system. We're working towards fixing this random problem. We'll keep you informed!"

image.php

UPDATE: "Apparently our Reddit code bot is overwhelmed and hiccupping and occasionally sends out a duplicate code. We're investigating this right now and will fix as soon as possible. For the moment, it seems that the incidence is less than 1% duplicates. Anyone who got a dupe code will get a follow-up from us tomorrow with a valid one. We're sorry about this."

nexen

So ... Clutch.

Does this game have any redeeming features? I have a weakness for car combat and carmageddon so I might just drop two fiddy on it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think the contract states that Gearbox can't go anywhere near it.

yo JaseC:

I was wondering when it would show up. Blood Omen 2's "small header" image is still incorrectly listed as this game.

XhuSY8W.png

New DLC for Civilization V: Scrambled Continents:

The Scrambled Continents map pack includes real geographic locations with special scripts that produce randomized interiors each time a new game begins. While the familiar outline of the continent’s geography stays constant, the inner heart of the world changes each time you play for endless replayability on countless plausible worlds. Maps include Africa, Eastern Asia, North and South America, Western Europe, the Middle East, a thawed Antarctica, new scripted maps for Small Continents and Oceania, plus one map including all of Earth’s continents.

£3.69 on GMG. Don't see it on Steam yet.

I thought they'd got all this kind of DLC out of their system... *sigh*

Zia

New DLC for Civilization V: Scrambled Continents:

The Scrambled Continents map pack includes real geographic locations with special scripts that produce randomized interiors each time a new game begins. While the familiar outline of the continent’s geography stays constant, the inner heart of the world changes each time you play for endless replayability on countless plausible worlds. Maps include Africa, Eastern Asia, North and South America, Western Europe, the Middle East, a thawed Antarctica, new scripted maps for Small Continents and Oceania, plus one map including all of Earth’s continents.

£3.69 on GMG. Don't see it on Steam yet.

I thought they'd got all this kind of DLC out of their system... *sigh*

It's on Steam. I grabbed it with card monies. Agree it's a little chintzy, but it was also something I was asking for so, um, glad it was "free."

Acccent

Woah, this appeared some minutes ago on my FB wall and I wanted to repost it here but then my neighbour asked me for some help and I got beaten. :(

I saw it earlier today on twitter and was hesitant to post it, I thought someone else would do it and I was totally fine with that, but then no one did so I went ahead. :(

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have any impressions on Nuclear Throne? Looks good but early access games haven't been my thing so far.

It is good.

Try your hands on the free prototype of the game here (The 3rd block) before anything. As it stands, the game has been rebuilt and changed compared to what you have today, but the fundamentals in the prototype still hold.

The current build has 3 more characters, more guns including a whole new ammo type, boss battles including more enemies, 1 more level types but with old ones updated, and just loads and loads of polish of the feel of the game.

They are doing 2 streams a week of the game build, Tuesdays and Thursdays, where you can join in on the development. Catch that here. They plan on uploading that build every Saturday. Early Access gives you a chance to play along with the devs as they are building it and possibly add your own suggestions along the way.

But if you feel like you got other games to play, or maybe you got your fill with the prototype as it stands, hold off. It will be cheaper once it's done with with early access.

It's on Steam. I grabbed it with card monies. Agree it's a little chintzy, but it was also something I was asking for so, um, glad it was "free."

Wow, it seems it was actually released a couple of days ago! Time to turn in my Civ Addicts badge! Any impressions so far?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wario64 keeps talking on and on about how he has games that are not available on Steam thanks to Family Sharing.

Having access to them is different than "having" them.

And not all games are shareable, so I was surprised.

Wait, why does this bother you?

kulapik

So I have a Ticket to Ride key from Amazon (the indie store offer and stuff) that I don't remember if I already gave it away (dammit Amazon, why won't you let delete the games?) so I won't risk to use Modbot. First one to quote gets it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Never saw any Anderson movie, but this is furiously tempting me to discover the guy.
for what it's worth the royal tenembauns and rushmore are pretty great but my absolute favorite is the darjeeling limited

that's an actually fantastic movie. the others are good but feel less realized imo

theytookourjobz

It is good.

Try your hands on the free prototype of the game here (The 3rd block) before anything. As it stands, the game has been rebuilt and changed compared to what you have today, but the fundamentals in the prototype still hold.

The current build has 3 more characters, more guns including a whole new ammo type, boss battles including more enemies, 1 more level types but with old ones updated, and just loads and loads of polish of the feel of the game.

They are doing 2 streams a week of the game build, Tuesdays and Thursdays, where you can join in on the development. Catch that here. They plan on uploading that build every Saturday. Early Access gives you a chance to play along with the devs as they are building it and possibly add your own suggestions along the way.

But if you feel like you got other games to play, or maybe you got your fill with the prototype as it stands, hold off. It will be cheaper once it's done with with early access.

Is there controller support?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What the fuck is going on in this thread. Jesus fucking Christ you guys get back on fucking topic.

I just bought a new bombilla and gourd for my yerba mate! Can't wait to try it.

Turfster

Couple of new Gamersgate weekend deals:
  • Baldur's Gate EE 50% off
  • Metro 2033 75% off
  • Metro Last Light 50% off (dlc not discounted)
  • Reus 50% off
  • Realms of Arkania Blade of Destiny 75% off
  • Stronghold 3 Gold 75% off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom