• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Yes, the stanley parable is here ^_^

I'm not kidding when I say this has been the game I've been looking forward to the most this fall. Yep.

Dude, day 1. Seriously. I love that train ride. Sit on the right side of the train when going south though, k?

Edit: Whaaaaaaaa? Can't get the standalone DLC? That's a bummer. Now I see the "what the hell"... sadness.

Heh, done that route many many times on the metrolink from Union to Oceanside. That stretch along San Clemente is amazing.

Grief.exe

I had a glimmer of hope that it would be free, or at least very cheap, considering the big tv show advertising on it.

That is actually why I thought they went with that branding. To bring it to the consumers for free.

Similarly to the Gears of War Discovery channel promotion to get the free map pack.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

So out of curiosity, Steam forums list 232 games removed (+ a dozen or so pending removals) from Steam. How many of them do you own / how many of them would it be possible for you to own (ie retail redemptions no matter how unlikely, games that had a very limited number of gift codes but there might still be a few unredeemed ones out there, etc)

Edit: Looking through the list, I think the only ones I'd want to own that I don't are:
The Movies (own PC retail copy)
Wanted: Weapons of Fate (own 360 retail copy)
Wik and the Fable of Lost Souls (own 360 digital copy)
James Bond: Blood Stone (own 360 retail copy)
Blur (own 360 retail copy)
Quantum of Solace (own 360 retail copy)
Prey (owned 360 retail copy)
Wolfenstein

Any of these have easy external sources to check out? I'm guessing the Bond games don't based on how much you've been paying for them.

It's going to be sad when Destiny does finally come out and it's just Borderlands 2.5.

Glad someone said it. Other than being a different genre I struggle to find the difference between that game and a MMORPG. It's going to be nothing but endless trash loot and trash fetch quests because of the "anything is better with friends" design mantra.

yeah, my first reactions to the E3 gameplay debut was this. Out of the EA vs Acti shooters, Titanfall looks more appealing, fun. For now at least.

Grief.exe

Face Noir just added to Registry

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244690/

d64b1afd9c07a650a17851b60914e9def8193a19.jpg

531c932262b591c9873a65f7a1b38f90fedfa1d6.jpg

Li Kao

Hmm, so guys, I have come to a point in XCOM where the game warn me that if I do a certain something, it is an important decision and yadayada.
Am I near the end of the game ? A little foolishly the warning made me stop playing, wondering if there were things I should do before.

Which is a good thing, it let me play Dead Rising 2 a little more and the end of this one is really near too.
That will leave Torchlight 2 (aka we are looking for the title of most dumbfounded developer when it comes to difficulty levels, very good though) and Tomb Raider (which play good, but so been there done that that I must confess I'm not feeling the desire to play it).

catabarez

So out of curiosity, Steam forums list 232 games removed (+ a dozen or so pending removals) from Steam. How many of them do you own / how many of them would it be possible for you to own (ie retail redemptions no matter how unlikely, games that had a very limited number of gift codes but there might still be a few unredeemed ones out there, etc)

Edit: Looking through the list, I think the only ones I'd want to own that I don't are:
Wolfenstein

Any of these have easy external sources to check out? I'm guessing the Bond games don't based on how much you've been paying for them.

Prey is probably the easiest. Every retail copy has a Steam key.

Kifimbo

Hmm, so guys, I have come to a point in XCOM where the game warn me that if I do a certain something, it is an important decision and yadayada.
Am I near the end of the game ? A little foolishly the warning made me stop playing, wondering if there were things I should do before.

Pretty sure it's the last mission.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Wolfenstein

Not on your list, but Raven Squad is available from Amazon and comes with a Steam key.

There are also retail copies of Prey, Breach, and Star Trek DAC that I can confirm have codes that redeem on Steam.

Turfster

Daily: Endless Space Emperor Edition 75% off
Weekend deals:
  • Batman AA/AC GOTY 75% off
  • Chivalry 75% off
Stardock Weekend: 50% (DLC) - 75% (base games) off all Stardock titles
  • Fallen Enchantress
  • Demigod
  • Sins of a solar empire
  • Galactic Civilizations I & II
  • The political machine

Grief.exe

Arkham Double pack updated 20 minutes ago, I guarantee we will see a weekend deal.

I wonder if they are waiting to update the store page until after the patch is pushed.

Dr Dogg

Wolfenstein

The UK equivalent of Best Buy (Currys/PC World) by me had a clearance bin of about 50+ copies of Prey at Christmas which are Steam redeemable. Haven't been in there in a while but I'm sure there are still loads of them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom