• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

YES! I never bought the GOTY edition for AC, and now I have it for free. :D

4a4cf5d01d.png

Dolor

How hard is it to figure out without the paper manual? I've been wanting to try this game since it came out but I'm concerned about how hard it is to actually get into.

I don't think it's that hard. It's in 3D space, but it all takes place in a single plane, so avoid camera angle movement to not get disoriented.

That being said, it's a strategy game, so I wouldn't think you can give it an honest effort unless you're willing to put at least an hour or so into it. The UI is pretty intuitive, and I put all my fleets on K/B shortcuts, and that tightens it up. Been a while since I tried it out new, so I may not be that much help.

Too bad Gal Civ 2 doesn't have a mac version, I find that I stick in the mac os more often now a days (more for work than anything). Guess I'll try out Endless Space Gold.

Cheddahz

Banned
LfY20P6.png

WHYYYYYYY?? :(. I already have the game and 0 minutes played. I backed it on kickstarter (not really sure why...) and it's already sitting on my kickstarter and steam account, glaring at me with it's evil grin. Isn't that enough!? I'm trying to forget the game exists... :/

I'll take it

Turfster

Humble Bundle
Hothead Bundle
TIER 1: $1 minimum, single key
  • DeathSpank
  • DeathSpank Thongs of Virtue + DLC
  • On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One
TIER 2: $6
  • The Baconing
  • On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode Two

drizzle

Axel Hertz
New weekly bundle imminent!

I didn't even buy the regular Humble Bundle yet - waiting on that price drop!

Edit: boo, hot headed bundle. I already have everything. I might buy the first tier, as I don't have Deathspank... but it's deathspank....

Dolor

Are any games from Stardock Pack worth it, other than Galactic Civilizations?

I am primarily a strategy gamer, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but Sins is an amazing game.

Most people would say Sins of a Solar Empire is an excellent entry in its genre.

See above.

They added the GOTY edition of Batman AC to the regular AC GFWL redemption sub. I wonder...

edit: Yup! I now own the GOTY edition of AC. Nice.

This is incredible. Still no confirmation on cards? Want to start a rerun through of AA and maybe AC, but would love the extra carrot of cards as well.

kulapik

Humble Bundle
Hothead Bundle
$1 minimum
  • DeathSpank
BTA: $6
  • The Baconing

Why is it exactly $6 and not other price.

Also, crap bundle, they could have thrown episode 3 or even 4 in the mix.

r3n4ud

Humble Bundle
Hothead Bundle
TIER 1: $1 minimum
  • DeathSpank
  • The Baconing

Shit. Only missing the baconing from the package. Don't want to pay $6 for the lot for only one game :/

Derrick01

Banned
I guess since they gave everyone who had AC the goty version for free I may as well just download that again (all 18gb of it. god damn it >.<) since I didn't have that Harley DLC. I think the hardest thing is figuring out when I want to replay these since I don't want to burn myself out before Origins comes out. Can't believe we're already 1 week away from it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They added the GOTY edition of Batman AC to the regular AC GFWL redemption sub. I wonder...

edit: Yup! I now own the GOTY edition of AC. Nice.
Just restarted Steam... I didn't get this. Oh well, it's not like I play games anymore.

Dr Dogg

I guess since they gave everyone who had AC the goty version for free I may as well just download that again (all 18gb of it. god damn it >.<) since I didn't have that Harley DLC. I think the hardest thing is figuring out when I want to replay these since I don't want to burn myself out before Origins comes out. Can't believe we're already 1 week away from it.

Here's a theory, might not work but worth a try.

Let you vanilla version get patched as up to date to today's patch. Then initiate the download of the GOTY version but pause it and the go find the folder index it has created and copy the files over from the vanilla version into the GOTY versions folders. Go back to Steam and verify the cache and fingers crossed it will sort things out and only download the missing dlc files.

If not you're only going to have to download it again anyways.

Humble Bundle
Hothead Bundle
TIER 1: $1 minimum, single key
  • DeathSpank
  • The Baconing

doubt you'll get ep 1 and 2 any cheaper. Bought.

RS4-

Fuck it, bought Batman AC from someone on TF2Outpost for $5 or something.

Bad enough when I had it on 360, I only played maybe 2 hrs of it lol.

Any thoughts on DemiGod? I don't know much about it, and I'd assume that the MP is superdead (or if still alive exclusively populated with killers who have been playing for years) but I've always though the visual design of the game looked really cool, so it keeps catching my eye when it goes on sale.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I'm saving my replays for when I have a 4K TV and can lock them at 60 fps @ 4K.

Dolor

why can't I hold all these space strategy games?

Which ones are worth getting?

I'll say again that Sins of a Solar Empire is great. Trinity is fantastic, and the Titans in Rebellion are very cool. Put about 120 hours into both games (combined).

Humble weekly has single key for 1$ tier, and single key for BTA games.

Tier 1 has better value but I bought it for 6$ as I need to have all the Penny Arcades. For those who don't own 3 and 4, they'll probably be cheap in next steam sales.

Echoplx

Damn, looks like the GOTY upgrade given to AC owners doesn't actually add a new subscription to your account, can't get the vanilla copy removed by steam support without removing both now :/

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why is it exactly $6 and not other price.

Also, crap bundle, they could have thrown episode 3 or even 4 in the mix.

I think every single Humble Bundle that's launched with a set BTA price has had it at $6.

There must be some calculus that makes that the optimal number.

derExperte

Damn, looks like the GOTY upgrade given to AC owners doesn't actually add a new subscription to your account, can't get the vanilla copy removed by steam support without removing both now :/

So that's why my gamecount didn't increase.

Was sad, then realized Super Amazing Wagon Adventure was in the Indieroyale Getaway Bundle. +1 game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom