• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With all the hullabaloo, I expected my Asylum vanilla key to redeem. :(

I think the contract states that Gearbox can't go anywhere near it.

yo JaseC:

It wasn't last after all!

paging JaseC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fg5iWmQjwk

yes this is totally related to SteamGAF

<3

It'll be his first good avatar ever.

</3

So out of curiosity, Steam forums list 232 games removed (+ a dozen or so pending removals) from Steam. How many of them do you own / how many of them would it be possible for you to own (ie retail redemptions no matter how unlikely, games that had a very limited number of gift codes but there might still be a few unredeemed ones out there, etc)

Edit: Looking through the list, I think the only ones I'd want to own that I don't are:
The Movies (own PC retail copy)
Wanted: Weapons of Fate (own 360 retail copy)
Wik and the Fable of Lost Souls (own 360 digital copy)
James Bond: Blood Stone (own 360 retail copy)
Blur (own 360 retail copy)
Quantum of Solace (own 360 retail copy)
Prey (owned 360 retail copy)
Wolfenstein

Any of these have easy external sources to check out? I'm guessing the Bond games don't based on how much you've been paying for them.

I'm quoting this for posterity. With any luck I'll be able to address it properly within the next few days.

These guys better stop, Jase is going to show up at their house with a kitchen knife.

I'll have to choose a different knife now. :p

jediyoshi

bZ5Z7l7.png

I like how they've omitted the trademark but now don't match up the ends of the titles.

denx

In case anyone hasn't catched up to the news, there are several reports of GFWL and SecuROM being rolled back into the Batman games. From the looks of it, it seems the devs are having problems either with the patch itself or with synchronizing the patches with the Steam database, so you should all wait until the problems are sorted out.

I started playing Lost Planet. I don't like the controls or the general feeling of wondering if I am playing correctly, but still think part of me is enjoying the game.

I thought this was weird:

It is so cold outside that you slowly freeze to death. . . better expose some cleavage.
cmKPEkjl.jpg

This game does have its moments of being pretty, though.
KTqd9vFl.jpg

jediyoshi

October 17 - Steam Client Beta Update - October 17th
We have just updated the beta, with the following changes:

Steam
Added support for displaying default button text for default HTML controls in the Web control
Fixed crash on exit for the overlay

Big Picture
Added Big Picture Offline Mode indicator / Go Online button in top row, visible when in offline mode
Fixed being unable to click Accept on the SSA dialog if running Steam for the first time
Fixed text incorrectly getting ellipses in some controls under Linux

Beta client update. Bunch of BPM updates lately.

Grief.exe

GFWl is still on AC. :( I even restarted Steam.

They only changed the GOTY version, but you should have that now if you only had regular AC.

The update is also causing issues for people even on the GOTY version.

Patch just pushed, hopefully it fixes the issues

• 7 minutes ago Changed Depots
  • branches/public/buildid: 129720 › 129791
  • 200261/manifests/public: 7559519390822311167 › 957853014295671009

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Go home steam, you're drunk:
iJ8HxD2G8YDT8.png

Since when could I Install Family Sharing Beta?

A new round of beta invites went out today.

Maybe not everybody is getting the emails telling them they got in? We had people not in the beta being able to share their libraries the other day.

fantomena

The update is also causing issues for people even on the GOTY version.

Patch just pushed, hopefully it fixes the issues

• 7 minutes ago Changed Depots
  • branches/public/buildid: 129720 › 129791
  • 200261/manifests/public: 7559519390822311167 › 957853014295671009

I can at least confirm GFWL is gone. Just got a new update. :)

So amazing to see that shitty GFWL log-in not appearing anymore.

Dambrosi

Banned
They only changed the GOTY version, but you should have that now if you only had regular AC.
That's cool and all, but while the store page and badge state that I have AC GOTY, It comes up as vanilla AC in my library. Is that normal? Yes, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. A restart of Steam is next.

RS4-

Ugh, any reason why my AC GOTY reset the download? I think I was close to half, now it's back down to 2GB or so lol.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Far Cry Blood Dragon shows that I have drops, but I'm not receiving any. GDI Ubisoft.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I wonder if there's any place selling GFWL keys for like 1 dollar because they would be useless and they still didn't get the notice.

Restarting Steam is always the first option.

First option: Restart Steam
Second option: delete all the files that end in .blob from steam folder
Third Option: delete everything except SteamApps and Steam.exe from the folder.
Fourth Option: delete everything except SteamApps and download a new installation from steampowered.com

Grief.exe

Far Cry Blood Dragon shows that I have drops, but I'm not receiving any. GDI Ubisoft.

Just checked, Blood Dragon got cards.

SAY WHAAAATTT

Gonna use SAM for this thing. The game was fun, but I already had my fill with it.

That is huge actually.

To my knowledge, Ubi doesn't generally support Steam Extras like Achievements or Cards since they want the Uplay version to have the 'higher value.'

Ironic because the Uplay integration actually lowers the overall value dramatically.

JaseC

That is huge actually.

To my knowledge, Ubi doesn't generally support Steam Extras like Achievements or Cards since they want the Uplay version to have the 'higher value.'

Ironic because the Uplay integration actually lowers the overall value dramatically.

And so begins Ubisoft's journey along the road to finally fucking making store pages for Tintin and King Kong.

That is huge actually.

CoJ Gunslinger was published by Ubisoft and it's a steamworks title...no Uplay.

So Batman Arkham City GOTY edition has shown up in my library when I've only owned the regular edition....not that I'm complaining, now I'll have two sets of B:AC achievements. Some I got by complete accident lol.

epmode

Has anyone picked up Dark Matter yet? Thoughts on it?

The videos are intriguing me.

I was sad when the Kickstarter failed: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/interwave/dark-matter-1

Nice to see that they finished it after all! Someone tell me if it's any good pls.

So Batman Arkham City GOTY edition has shown up in my library when I've only owned the regular edition....

See this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=698911

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Family Sharing

Beta is Growing
17 OCTOBER
Good news, everybody currently in this group should have access to Steam Family Sharing now. Thanks to your help we fixed a bunch of issue, but please keep on reporting bugs and providing feedback.

Gotdarnit jediyoshi

Accoun

About sharing: does anyone knows what about VAC bans? I let my cousin use my old account because he wanted to play HL2 (I think I didn't even had a bearable connection back then, so it was unused after activating HL2 retail) and yeah, he got it VAC-banned in CSS. I'm curious if I would be able to play on protected servers sharing CSS from my old account...

JaseC

About sharing: does anyone knows what about VAC bans? I let my cousin use my old account because he wanted to play HL2 (I think I didn't even had a bearable connection back then, so it was unused after activating HL2 retail) and yeah, he got it VAC-banned in CSS. I'm curious if I would be able to play on protected servers sharing CSS from my old account...

VAC status is carried over from the account of the library you're accessing, so if you're hoping that Family Sharing would allow you, in a roundabout way, to circumvent the VAC ban, you're out of luck.

Accoun

I see. I'll just use his own account if I'd want to, but I'll have to pay him a visit first and get his PC/account authorized. Not that it's a priority.

Dr Dogg

What was the reason Anno 1404 got pulled again? Besides being a broken mess at the best of times. Still got it in my wishlist in hope it will one day return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom