• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only need the account to update and 1. that's through steam now and 2. there will be no more updates for it. You can type in eatmyass@ass.com as your email and it will let you in. It's not required.

Excellent! Thanks for replying :).

I don't think I'll use that particular e-mail address though as someone is bound to be already using it and that would just be rude.

Looks like I need to get a new email address now that you're telling everyone else to use it.

:eek:

I just fired up Big Picture Mode [for the Steam Hardware Beta, obv] and have two thoughts:

i/ it's gud! I only game on my pc now [poor Wii U & 3DS :/] but if I was to play my Steam games on a tv and a comfy couch then I would be perfectly happy with that interface I think.

ii/ I found Mark of the Ninja so much easier with a gamepad! :eek: Was it originally designed around a gamepad? I was able to play with much better quickness and fluidity than I have been managing with kb&m. Now some of that will be because I have years of accrued muscle memory and instincts with a controller and only a few weeks with kb&m [ouch!] but given that I didn't even know half the button prompts for the controller I seemed to intuitively know which ones to press in lieu of the kb&m prompts and my fingers seemed to be in far better harmony with the game as a result.

I intend to finish the game using kb&m [God knows I need the practice!] but it will be fun to tackle the game with the controller too :).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It really is amazing how spectacularly GFWL failed as a platform. I haven't heard one person speak positively about it since it was first out.

Eh, outside of locked save files and some weird shit, I never had problems with GfWL. It was an "okay"-ish X-box Live clone and I really liked how it merged my Console/PC profile for MS together.

I'd rank it:

1. Steam
2. Origin
3. GoG
4. GfWL (crazy, I know)
5. A dogturd
6. Uplay

BadAss2961

Eh, outside of locked save files and some weird shit, I never had problems with GfWL. It was an "okay"-ish X-box Live clone and I really liked how it merged my Console/PC profile for MS together.

I'd rank it:

1. Steam
2. Origin
3. GoG
4. GfWL (crazy, I know)
5. A dogturd
6. Uplay
I actually liked it too. Though I never had any of the save problems that so many people did... It's not bad being active on my old Live account when i'm playing a GFWL game.

This will be it for me now as I decided years ago that i'm never paying for Live again. My account's just gonna sit there.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh god. It does too.

I take back my premature claims of bullshittery and apply them firmly to myself.

once you've caught a robber for the chievo you should buy dat gun control, which gives you based 50% reduction of salty criminals #dead #nogunsallowed #tcot #shutdown #manchuriancandidate jokerpopcorn.gif antoniobanderasassassins.gif wholeroastchickeninacan.gif

Grief.exe

I'd rank it:

1. Steam
2. Origin
3. GoG
4. GfWL (crazy, I know)
5. A dogturd
6. Uplay

I would actually probably do that same ranking except interchange GFWL and dogturd.

EDIT: And interchange GOG and Origin as well. Origin's problems are overblown, but GOG is the much better service.

Altazor

quick question: Galactic Civlizations 2 or Sins of a Solar Empire for a COMPLETE NOOB like me? Seriously, I've never played a 4X game before (the closest I've ever gotten is Civ 5 and I'm still learning) so I don't really know.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Just reinstalling the GFWL client from the stump link fixed the problem for me, I can't delete the redistributable because if I do I can't play any game that requires a live connection for multiplayer (ala SFIV AE).

quick question: Galactiv Civlizations 2 or Sins of a Solar Empire for a COMPLETE NOOB like me? Seriously, I've never played a 4X game before (the closest I've ever gotten is Civ 5 and I'm still learning) so I don't really know.

For a complete noob? Endless Space. It doesn't have the depth of Gal Civ 2, but it does actually have a useable interface. But if you are going for the sales, Gal Civ 2 is always recommended as an amazing game.

Once you have the swing of the genre, Gal Civ 3 might be out and about so having an understanding now will not hurt.

NaM

How come some people can get the batman booster pack so fast? I know it's supposed to be random but c'mon.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
you get it for having all the dlc + base game ?? :O :O :O
itKN8xmmA0VSC.jpg

thought it wasn't happening... I started steam up and seen it for 7.75 and got mad lol

man your steam looks all different

weekly request for the client to stop sucking all the time

thx valve

quick question: Galactic Civlizations 2 or Sins of a Solar Empire for a COMPLETE NOOB like me? Seriously, I've never played a 4X game before (the closest I've ever gotten is Civ 5 and I'm still learning) so I don't really know.

Stick with Civ V until you feel comfortable. Neither of those games are particularly friendly to people who don't know what they're doing.

got A.R.E.S. and arkham asylum goty for $5.50 from a guy on CAG

gonna pick up the $1 on that bundle, sounds good to me. $6 tier is enticing but i have no reason to buy it since i prob won't ever get the time to play the $1 games anyway lol, if/when i do i'll just buy the sequels if i love them that much which is a slim chance anyway. whatever happened to the top tier being beat the average...

Nabs

I'd rank it:

1. Steam
2. Origin
3. GoG
4. GfWL (crazy, I know)
5. A dogturd
6. Uplay

It's easy to say that when you're not waiting 6 months for a patch to go through certification. Fuck. Now I'm mad all over again.

How come some people can get the batman booster pack so fast? I know it's supposed to be random but c'mon.

I'm guessing it's high lvl peeps getting em, every tenth steam level you gain you get a +10% chance to get a booster when someone crafts a badge.

So high lvl steam accounts + people crafting badges since cards just got added = booster packs

NaM

I'm guessing it's high lvl peeps getting em, every tenth steam level you gain you get a +10% chance to get a booster when someone crafts a badge.

So high lvl steam accounts + people crafting badges since cards just got added = booster packs

The only 2 boosters for Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition Booster Pack are lvl 22/23 and the only booster for Batman: Arkham City GOTY Booster Pack is lvl 39.

I dunno how people manage to get cursed, I never in my three playthroughs got cursed and only found out curses existed after reading it in the wiki

shady guy shows up back at the firelink shrine (
just below the bridge thta leads to undead burg
) if you ever need him again. he sells some cool shit later on

Way late but:

Was fighting three of those big eyed frogs, saw the smoke and the next thing I know I see cursed on the screen then die some seconds after *shrug*

Then when you arise there is a big message telling you that you health is now halved because of it lol.

As for shady guy i wonder how much he will try to gauge out of me pricewise (he already sells purging stones for double the price compared to the other guy) lol

Volcynika

Anyone in the family sharing beta attempted to purchase a game they played on one of the libraries being shared to them? I want to buy one to have just for me (and not need to be kicked off) but it says I already own it :/

Oh.

I can't work it out. If I authorise my mate's computer to share my games, can I share his games? Or is sharing only allowed on my computer between different account.

Sorry for being a ditz lol.

So do we know at all whats gonna happen with Bulletstorm's GFWL? I'm guessing it's up to EA right since they're the publisher and the games on steam and origin.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Just started playing Batman AA like 3 days ago. Getting the GFWL achievements and I was about 50% completed story wise then I got the update tonight. Now, all my progress is lost and I'm out on all those GFWL achievements. Le sigh.....

Just started playing Batman AA like 3 days ago. Getting the GFWL achievements and I was about 50% completed story wise then I got the update tonight. Now, all my progress is lost and I'm out on all those GFWL achievements. Le sigh.....

so i just bought the game today; if i beat the game by july, i'll get both steam and xbox achievements for it? or did they change that? sorry just wondering what the deal is for a new player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom