• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

For a complete noob? Endless Space. It doesn't have the depth of Gal Civ 2, but it does actually have a useable interface. But if you are going for the sales, Gal Civ 2 is always recommended as an amazing game.

Once you have the swing of the genre, Gal Civ 3 might be out and about so having an understanding now will not hurt.

Stick with Civ V until you feel comfortable. Neither of those games are particularly friendly to people who don't know what they're doing.

thanks for the replies, guys! :)

MRORANGE

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/Unabomber-sketch.png[/mg][/QUOTE]
Valve probably hired him.
[quote="SalsaShark, post: 86474641"]p. sure that's brain_stew's soul[/QUOTE]
:lol
[quote="Nabs, post: 86474758"]
[url]http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-35140[/url]
Best emoticons.[/QUOTE]
ahhh.

Volcynika

No I mean during steam checkout choose the "Purchase as a gift" option then just redeem it yourself.

Well now getting the issue of "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." So I guess I'll wait a bit.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
so i just bought the game today; if i beat the game by july, i'll get both steam and xbox achievements for it? or did they change that? sorry just wondering what the deal is for a new player

I believe if you activate thru steam, you will no longer be able to earn Xbox achievements as of today due to the update. If you have a retail copy then it is still possible. I hope I'm correct about this.

Kifimbo

No blockbuster, but probably the busiest day (maybe week) in Steam history. Added these games.

10/14/2013 - Knights and Merchants - RTS - Topware Interactive/Joymania Entertainment - $5.99
10/14/2013 - Eador: Genesis - TBS - Snowbird Games/Snowbird Games - $6.99
10/15/2013 - Urban Chaos - Action - Square Enix/Mucky Foot - $6.99
10/15/2013 - Megabyte Punch - Platformer - Reptile Games/Reptile Games - $14.99
Em05pds.png

10/15/2013 - Solstice Arena - MOBA - Zynga/Zynga - F2P
10/15/2013 - Spacebase DF-9 - Simulation - Double Fine Productions/Double Fine Productions - $24.99
10/16/2013 - Bridge Constructor - Simulation - Headup Games/Headup Games - $6.99
10/16/2013 - 140 - Platformer - Carlsen Games/Carlsen Games - $6.99
10/17/2013 - Anachronox - RPG - Square Enix/Ion Storm - $6.99
10/17/2013 - Face Noir - Adventure - Phoenix Online Studios/Mad Orange - $19.99
10/17/2013 - Dark Matter - Action - Iceberg Interactive/InterWave Studios - $14.99
10/17/2013 - Super Amazing Wagon Adventure - Action - sparsevector/sparsevector - $2.99
10/17/2013 - I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream Adventure - Night Dive Studios/Night Dive Studios - $6.99
10/17/2013 - Aerena - Clash of Champions - Strategy - Cliffhanger Productions/Cliffhanger Productions - $6.99
10/17/2013 - Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Special Edition - Quiz - Deep Silver/doublesix - $6.99
10/17/2013 - Pacific Surfliner LA - San Diego - Simulation - RailSimulator.com/RailSimulator.com - $39.99
10/21/2013 - Warface - FPS - Crytek/Crytek - F2P
2013 - Slender The Arrival - Survival horror - Blue Isle Studios/Blue Isle Studios - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2014 - Galactic Civilizations III - Strategy - Stardock/Stardock - $49.99

AsylumX

I don't know if it's me or there is a problem with steam family sharing service. I have been trying for a couple of days to authorize my brothers machine to use it but the games don't show in his library. Tell me please if i'm missing a step or doing something wrong.

1. I log in him in his computer.
2. Authorize it via settings.
3. I log out.
4. He logs in and the games should be in his library.

Don't know what else to do...

zkylon

zkylewd
Way late but:

Was fighting three of those big eyed frogs, saw the smoke and the next thing I know I see cursed on the screen then die some seconds after *shrug*

Then when you arise there is a big message telling you that you health is now halved because of it lol.

As for shady guy i wonder how much he will try to gauge out of me pricewise (he already sells purging stones for double the price compared to the other guy) lol
yeah I know a lot of people got cursed by them, I just dunno if I'm lucky or what but I never seen it myself until I forced them to curse me to see what the effect was like. pretty cool btw :p

Vee_One

Random question - is there any sign of Gears of War in the Steam database?

I have been hanging out to to play that on PC and it is all but impossible now

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
can someone explain what you guys are doing

am I gonna get extra steam keys or something

I cant pokemon and steam thread all at once
Glad to hear I'm not the only one :p

For those who bought the Indie Gala Colossus bundle it now comes with a Desura key for Talisman Prologue. If you activate the key on Desura you end up getting a Steam key in your collection (http://www.desura.com/collection).
Thanks! One more game I'll never play, now on Steam.

Parsnip

OK fixed my GFWL marketplace issue.

1. Uninstall Microsoft Windows Games for Windows Live Marketplace
(ba dum tisk!)
2. Go here, redownload and reinstall
3. When it launches instead of getting the connection error, I got a login prompt.
4. Put my email in the username
5. Went to account.live.com, signed in, clicked "Security Info" (2nd-to-last choice on the left hand menu)
6. Clicked "Create a new app password". Used this password to log in.

The reason you need to do this is:
1) If you have two-factor auth turned on, GFWL does not support it.
2) If you have a password with unusual symbols or a high length, GFWL does not support it.

Now I can get all my Game Keys! Like the copy of AoE3 I bought for 10 cents, the copy of Viva Pinata I bought for a dollar, or the two F2P games I downloaded.
Thanks, this worked over here as well.
Now I can get my AoE3 and Viva Pinata keys as well. :p
I guess I should copy them on notepad or something just in case they can be redeemed in the future.

I thought I did, but I'm not sure. Is there a badge for it? I see I'm in the hardware one. Any other way I could tell?

I thought all you had to do was join the Family Sharing group, and you were in eventually.

I mean the Steam beta. Go to Steam > Settings > Beta Participation > Change > Choose latest beta.

For those who bought the Indie Gala Colossus bundle it now comes with a Desura key for Talisman Prologue. If you activate the key on Desura you end up getting a Steam key in your collection (http://www.desura.com/collection).

Thanks. I've played a bit of Talisman Prologue on the ipad and it is actually quite fun. Well worth the download.

Not me. I'm in the Family Sharing group, and never received an email and don't see any options in the client for sharing.

I didn't get an email either, but I have the button under settings (albeit broken in the metro skin). It is the steam beta.

XShagrath

I mean the Steam beta. Go to Steam > Settings > Beta Participation > Change > Choose latest beta.
Oh yeah, that's perma-on. It doesn't say "latest beta" though. I get options for "NONE - Opt out of betas" and "Steam beta update."

I'm wondering if maybe the email got marked as spam or something? Everything Steam normally sends re: purchases comes through fine, but I have my spam filter set super high since I was getting a ton of shit for a while.

EDIT: And I'm blind or something, now I finally see an option under settings for "Manage Family Sharing & Devices". Figured it wouldn't be hidden so well.

denx

NeoGAF just asked me to change my password. It said my password was 147 days old and thus had to be changed or something like that. Is that a normal thing?

Your avatar is giving me so awesome nostalgia feels [as I believe those young persons say nowadays] :D.

So I am at the latter stages of Mark of the Ninja, I suspect, and despite my earlier protestations my kb&m skillz™ are not too shabby at all! *smug grin*

Buh buh but oh teh noes there is a revolting development [/Grimm] in teh plot!!!111!!!

*sigh* I saw this coming from a mile away. Have these people who write these plots e.g. games, movies, books etc got some sort of blueprint they all work from? Or do they all have numerous psychological issues? :/

Parsnip

So I see bunch of you guys use steam skins. Does any of those skins also have an option to be used on the website through greasemonkey or something? Turns out it really bugs me that the client skin looks different than the website.

Your avatar is giving me so awesome nostalgia feels [as I believe those young persons say nowadays] :D.

So I am at the latter stages of Mark of the Ninja, I suspect, and despite my earlier protestations my kb&m skillz™ are not too shabby at all! *smug grin*

Buh buh but oh teh noes there is a revolting development [/Grimm] in teh plot!!!111!!!

*sigh* I saw this coming from a mile away. Have these people who write these plots e.g. games, movies, books etc got some sort of blueprint they all work from? Or do they all have numerous psychological issues? :/

EDIT:

NeoGAF just asked me to change my password. It said my password was 147 days old and thus had to be changed or something like that. Is that a normal thing?

Thank you to Grief for indulging my question about this in Steam Chat. I didn't even have to reset my password [once I came back from our chat] and this pending post just updated itself as if by magic. Hurrar! I hope that means all has been resolved so I don't have to change my password. After all, what does it matter if my personal details have been leaked to the whole world criminal fraternity, it's not like it's happened several times already thanks to their shitty website security andnofaultofmyown is it? :'(

EDIT2 [lol]:

Sorry, i is inebriated [it doesn't happen often so please forgive the uncharacteristic faux pas]

Cool. People here seem too young to have played Goldeneye on the N64.

Well I was a thirty something when I played that awesome game and shall be 48! at the end of the month :D. GAF has a wider range of ages than one would immediately expect, I have found. There are plenty here who I can brofist zimmer frame bump with :).

I'm old enough to have endured many hours of torture with goldeneye 64.

Yes but you like it really, I can tell.

It hurts but it feels soooo goood!

It's okay, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

P.S. So it seems our NeoGAF overlords insisted I change my password :(. I liked my old password *sigh*. Oh well, at least my new password encapsulates how I feel about having to change it *heh, heh, heh*.

Melted77

Well I was a thirty something when I played that awesome game and shall be 48! at the end of the month :D. GAF has a wider range of ages than one would immediately expect, I have found. There are plenty here who I can brofist zimmer frame bump with :).

I'm old enough to have endured many hours of torture with goldeneye 64.

Keeping on topic. It seems like Microsoft has no interest in releasing the Rare back catalog (or Halo for that matter) on to the PC. I'd love to see those come to PC.

Nabs

I don't know if it's me or there is a problem with steam family sharing service. I have been trying for a couple of days to authorize my brothers machine to use it but the games don't show in his library. Tell me please if i'm missing a step or doing something wrong.

1. I log in him in his computer.
2. Authorize it via settings.
3. I log out.
4. He logs in and the games should be in his library.

Don't know what else to do...

Download a game from your account once you're logged in on his computer. It should send a request email when he tries to access it.

Keeping on topic. It seems like Microsoft has no interest in releasing the Rare back catalog (or Halo for that matter) on to the PC. I'd love to see those come to PC.

There is always the complex map in tf2 (or every other moddable fps) for shits and giggles.

Goleneye source is pretty fun too.

Slavik81

Why did I not do this months ago? It used to take me minutes to load pages in the Steam client.

Do this! Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections Tab > LAN Settings > Uncheck Automatically Detect Settings

Windows, for compatibility reasons, has Automatically Detect Proxy settings enabled. It unfortunately adds a significant lag to loading web pages in Steam as well as other internet dependent applications. Nearly no one needs this compatibility feature anymore, worst case if something goes wrong simply re-check the box. To disable this option follow the TL;DR at the top.

I feel like a moron for suffering through the awful slowness for months.

Volcynika

I was able to get around my issue by buying the game as a gift, choosing to store it in my inventory, and then activate it for my own library from there. Hooray!

A Jet Force Gemini with a frame rate that isn't in the single figures [at best] if one actually decides to shoot anything in a game that demands that one does so, would be a good start :p.

Seriously, I always had a soft spot for that game despite struggling with its technical issues at the time but in hindsight I marvel at how I managed to do that. I fired it up not long ago and it broke my heart at how effectively unplayable it was :(.

Oh and NeoGAF made me change my password THE BIG BULLY! but my browser is now synced up with it and all is well so...

Ha ha! I am invincible!

That's just for you Melted :).

Right, I'm off now before I get myself into trouble!

N'night.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I'm sad :(. After having to refresh from windows 8.1 preview to vanilla 8 then going then upgrading to 8.1, all my games, programs, and other stuff are gone. Gotta download everything all over again.

Sajjaja

I'm sad :(. After having to refresh from windows 8.1 preview to vanilla 8 then going then upgrading to 8.1, all my games, programs, and other stuff are gone. Gotta download everything all over again.

Who play's games anyways? Gotta catch'em all.

Oo, new Steam thread idea.

STEAM OT7 - Gotta Buy'em All (cause pokemans)

Blizzard

Banned
Contrast looks all sorts of interesting as a 2d/3d platformer:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224460/

Anybody want to hype it up?
Wow, I must have forgotten about this since it was apparently at E3. The music reminds me a bit of Parov Stelar or something, the art style reminds me of Mirror Mask or Amelie, and overall it looks crazy and surreal.

I don't know whether it will be great or not, but the presentation alone is something special. The third trailer on Steam did not seem as good, but the first two were well done in my opinion.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If Valve did an MMO Pokemon kind of game instead of DOTA2 it would have been the greatest thing ever made.

Missed opportunity.

Except that is what Half Life 3 will be.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
The forced password change happened to me a short while ago and glitched up on me several times. After changing it, I couldn't get logged in and decided I should request a reset password email. The "captcha" input to request this would not accept a correct answer several times. When it finally did and a request for a new email was acknowledged by the site, no email ever actually came from the system. Several reset requests later and no emails arrived. Finally was able to log in on my own. ::shrug::

Regardless, here is a giveaway.

Note: I am not entirely certain that these two codes will work. I am almost certain they will, but if they do not, my apologies in advance. These should activate with Minerva's Den as a bonus. Good Luck!

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Bioshock 2 #2 -- MB-314B8071945B52DE - Taken by Kirosia
Bioshock 2 -- MB-AB456968AD02DD4A - Taken by alr1ght

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Regardless, here is a giveaway.

Note: I am not entirely certain that these two codes will work. I am almost certain they will, but if they do not, my apologies in advance. These should activate with Minerva's Den as a bonus. Good Luck!
thank you good sir. activated fine. :)

rtcn63

Bioshock 2 #2 worked, thanks James. Finished the game awhile back, but never got to try Minverva's Den. I'm bout to get all up in that sweet tin badonkadonk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom