• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knh0L.gif

At least the GFWL terror is almost over

Arthea

I had plenty of glitches on steam yesterday: community not working, count of available cards disappearing, steam not loading at all and so on, but in the end everything seem to be working again.
Anybody know what that was about?

Also gave in and bought both Batman games... and I don't like Batman games... Seriously, what's wrong with me?

OTOH Stardock sale is Odin sent, bought finally everything I wanted.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Second time's the charm (I'd briefly forgotten that I tried to make a lightning raffle earlier but didn't receive a response):

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Amazing Wagon Adventure -- MB-71EF8AFF18D63C48 - Taken by Kuroyume

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If you experience any weird modbot behaviour over the last few or next 10-12 hours I'll assume it's related to the password expiry stuff. I'll check on it in the morning.

Sajjaja

What was the name of the game that was on kickstarter that had that cool pixelated design by a camp fire? Not Nuclear Throne (not sure if that was kickstarted) but there was another one with a person in a red cloak I think.

JaseC

If you experience any weird modbot behaviour over the last few or next 10-12 hours I'll assume it's related to the password expiry stuff. I'll check on it in the morning.

Yeah, I had the same thought.

No worries. :)

What was the name of the game that was on kickstarter that had that cool pixelated design by a camp fire? Not Nuclear Throne (not sure if that was kickstarted) but there was another one with a person in a red cloak I think.

Shovel Knight?

Arthea

Hyper Light Drifter?
It got greenlit

Whoa, I guess I've been lucky or something, because I must have got at least 15 foils since the end of the beta. In fact, 4 foils in the last month alone. I almost get one every week.

Sorry for gloating

I have a small library and only have 30ish games with cards.

I should buy more bundles.

JaseC

I've e-mailed Nordic asking if it plans to bring back the Agatha Christie games and release Europa 1400 Gold (all were previously published by JoWood; Europa never had a store page as far as I can tell). I'm not expecting the answer I desire given the games were added to the Nordic Games dev comp about five months ago, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Jzero

What's going on with the steam Metro download page? Updated to 3.2 and this issue remains. Only been there a few days

Anyone else getting similar formatting issues? Can't see all the information that one should be able to.

Yup, it's unfortunate but i thought it was because i was using the beta.

Li Kao

Hmm, so IIRC I had Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY / Batman Arkham City. Now I have also Arkham City GOTY due to the transition to steamworks it seems.
And I think in the heart of me : and what about Arkham Asylum vanilla ? I think I have Jasitis.

JaseC

Hmm, so IIRC I had Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY / Batman Arkham City. Now I have also Arkham City GOTY due to the transition to steamworks it seems.
And I think in the heart of me : and what about Arkham Asylum vanilla ? I think I have Jasitis.

I've ordered pizza to help pass the time as I wait for my Asylum vanilla key to activate.

Anteater

Can't believe there aren't any batman mods around, would like to replace batman with Harley Quinn or something with messed up skeleton.

def sim

Of course we are not too young. I mean even 15 year old people may have played it, N64 isn't THAT old.

I don't disagree. It would surprise me if I'm been posting amongst teenagers, however. I mean, not really, it would explain many things outside of this thread, but it would bum me out. In the sense that people my age playing video games aren't as common as I would have thought.

Li Kao

OK fixed my GFWL marketplace issue.

1. Uninstall Microsoft Windows Games for Windows Live Marketplace
(ba dum tisk!)
2. Go here, redownload and reinstall
3. When it launches instead of getting the connection error, I got a login prompt.
4. Put my email in the username
5. Went to account.live.com, signed in, clicked "Security Info" (2nd-to-last choice on the left hand menu)
6. Clicked "Create a new app password". Used this password to log in.

The reason you need to do this is:
1) If you have two-factor auth turned on, GFWL does not support it.
2) If you have a password with unusual symbols or a high length, GFWL does not support it.

Now I can get all my Game Keys! Like the copy of AoE3 I bought for 10 cents, the copy of Viva Pinata I bought for a dollar, or the two F2P games I downloaded.

Mmh my games for windows marketplace didn't work a couple of days ago but now it wants me to download an add-on, Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5.
Problem being I suppose, that using Win 8 the addon don't do shit and nothing happens.
Not that I have a need for the marketplace thing, just wanted to see what keys I got there.

Li Kao

If you do upgrade to 8.1, remember that it's a dirty OS upgrade and you will have a garbage Windows.old folder left in your C: drive that you need to delete using the disk cleanup tool.

Hmm, I was on automatic update, don't know if 8.1 has been downloaded.
If not, I'm more and more leaning toward going back to 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom