• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I was on automatic update, don't know if 8.1 has been downloaded.
If not, I'm more and more leaning toward going back to 7.

It's not a service pack and it doesn't come down through Windows update. You'll need to open the Windows store (from the Metro UI) and choose the upgrade option from there.

edit - beaten.

Li Kao

You have to install it from the windows store, it's not on "windows update"

It's not a service pack and it doesn't come down through Windows update. You'll need to open the Windows store (from the Metro UI) and choose the upgrade option from there.

edit - beaten.

Hurray for bizarro world... seriously...
Just glanced over the changes, apart from booting straight to desktop nothing stands out ? Or did I miss some cool features it brings ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A future Steam key for Batman: Arkham Asylum vanilla, courtesy of spindoctor:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Batman: Arkham Asylum vanilla -- MB-4FB035380A16958A - Taken by PetriP-TNT. 40 entrants total.

t1382112913z1.png

I was going to wait another hour so the raffle ends coincident with the store update (at which point I'm hoping Asylum/City are patched and keys made Steam-friendly), but I'm not sure if I'll still be up.

Edit: Oh, and I should mention that vanilla keys will also activate the GOTY version, though most of you are aware of this already.

The_Monk

Good luck for those entering. I'm still waiting for a proper play session with my copy of AA.

Regarding AC I already finished back in the day, on the PS3 but I never played the Harley Quinn’s Revenge. The GOTY Edition sure is tempting for 5.25€ with all 6 DLC's not to mention a prettier version when comparing to the console.

Mogwai

Thanks for the response guys. I did a search and I'm not popping up anywhere. Must been in an earlier thread I was active.

Anyway, good luck to the participants!

chronomac

GMG has PixelJunk Shooter for $5.39 (after 20% coupon: GMG20-7EKXF-UTQXX). Comes out November 11th.

And Arkham Asylum got cards? Awesome. Bought it yesterday with that card money.

Parsnip

I've e-mailed Nordic asking if it plans to bring back the Agatha Christie games and release Europa 1400 Gold (all were previously published by JoWood; Europa never had a store page as far as I can tell). I'm not expecting the answer I desire given the games were added to the Nordic Games dev comp about five months ago, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
A while ago (like maybe month or two) I emailed Nordic to ask about their support plans for the former THQ games, and kind of snuck in a question about Red Faction Guerrilla and GfWL.

I didn't even expect an answer at all, but got a very polite "no comment at this time" answer. :p

Kabouter

I've e-mailed Nordic asking if it plans to bring back the Agatha Christie games and release Europa 1400 Gold (all were previously published by JoWood; Europa never had a store page as far as I can tell). I'm not expecting the answer I desire given the games were added to the Nordic Games dev comp about five months ago, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

All fun games, especially Europa 1400 Gold, I loved that game when I played it years and years ago. I reckon that for non-obsessives, The Guild 2 will probably do however. TG2 seems to be in a state now where it is not catastrophically buggy, which actually makes it less jank than Europa 1400 come to think of it.

JaseC

Green Light Bundle has sent out Steam keys for Megabyte Punch. Check your inboxes.

A while ago (like maybe month or two) I emailed Nordic to ask about their support plans for the former THQ games, and kind of snuck in a question about Red Faction Guerrilla and GfWL.

I didn't even expect an answer at all, but got a very polite "no comment at this time" answer. :p

That's generally a good thing, so fingers crossed.

All fun games, especially Europa 1400 Gold, I loved that game when I played it years and years ago. I reckon that for non-obsessives, The Guild 2 will probably do however. TG2 seems to be in a state now where it is not catastrophically buggy, which actually makes it less jank than Europa 1400 come to think of it.

Good to hear, though who knows if I'd ever get around to playing them even if they were to show up. ;)

Edit: For those with 50ppp, there is a Batman: Arkham Asylum giveaway on the previous page. A little under two hours remain.

JaseC

All the other bundle sites should do the same. There are too many bundle to keep track of

The worst offender is Indie Royale since there's no account page from where you can easily access all your previously-purchased bundles, leaving you to dig through your inbox to find the link pertaining to the particular bundle you're after.

where is the best place to pre-order Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag ?

Steam if you want a Steam copy. ;)

r3n4ud

The worst offender is Indie Royale since there's no account page from where you can easily access all your previously-purchased bundles, leaving you to dig through your inbox to find the link pertaining to the particular bundle you're after.

Steam if you want a Steam copy. ;)
What do you mean Jase? Just click on 'collection' at the top of the page and it shows you your bought bundles.

derExperte

Click on your account name on the top right.

Deques

But but but... there is account page.

Worst is IndieGala. The gift links cannot be linked to your profile page.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
But but but... there is account page.

Worst is IndieGala. The gift links cannot be linked to your profile page.

There's an indiegala profile link, but they only send it to you through your email.

The "key resender" actually sends a link to all your purchased bundles. There's no easy "click your profile to see all your games" option, like IndieRoyale (sorry JaseC)

JaseC

It's been there for a very long time, maybe since the beginning.
Yeah, it's been there the whole time. They don't make it obvious though.

Well, at least I know now!

Edit: Err, apparently I already have an account. I must have made one yonks ago and promptly forgot all about it -- I don't even have the details saved in LastPass.

Edit edit: Oh, I see, my Desura account doubles as an Indie Royale account.

Deques

There's an indiegala profile link, but they only send it to you through your email.

The "key resender" actually sends a link to all your purchased bundles. There's no easy "click your profile to see all your games" option, like IndieRoyale (sorry JaseC)

Like I said before, the gift links cannot be linked to your profile page/link. I buy mostly IndieGala bundles from someone else during those Happy Hour times. Those I have not succeeded to link to my profile page. In fact the team themselves have said so that they cannot be linked due to different database information, which I believe is just laziness from their side to code

Well, at least I know now!

Edit: Err, apparently I already have an account. I must have made one yonks ago and promptly forgot all about it -- I don't even have the details saved in LastPass.

If you haven't done so yet, claim all your past bundles now.

AkuMifune

Banned
Man, haven't played Arkham Asylum since it first came out and never on the PC, but don't want to get burnt out a week before Origins.

Maybe I should just play it blindingly drunk?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Like I said before, the gift links cannot be linked to your profile page/link. I buy mostly IndieGala bundles from someone else during those Happy Hour times. Those I have not succeeded to link to my profile page. In fact the team themselves have said so that they cannot be linked due to different database information, which I believe is just laziness from their side to code

Oh yeah.. If you didn't buy them with your email, you're screwed.

Yes, it's lazy coding.

Tenrius

Man, haven't played Arkham Asylum since it first came out and never on the PC, but don't want to get burnt out a week before Origins.

Maybe I should just play it blindingly drunk?

I played through Arkham Asylum for the first time a week before City, which actually made me pre-purchase City (and play it at launch). Didn't hinder my enjoyment at all. AA is a very short game, actually: I think I beat it in like 8 hours, so I don't think you'll even spend enough time with it to burn out.

JaseC

If you haven't done so yet, claim all your past bundles now.

This is going to be fun. :p

As someone who doesn't have either Batman game on Steam I think I might pick them up at Green Man Gaming.

They're the same 75% off + a 25% off coupon (GMG20-7EKXF-UTQXX)

Batman AA GOTY - $3.74
Batman AC GOTY - $5.62
Batman GOTY Pack - $9.37

If you haven't done so already, enter the Asylum giveaway on the previous page. If you win, you'll get Asylum vanilla and Asylum GOTY once Valve makes the necessary backend changes.

I know this isn't necessarily STEAM related... But you guys REALLY need to watch this presser by Nvidia...

HERE

So far, Shadowplay (recording last 20 minutes of gameplay), GameStreaming (3ms of lag to TVs, Shield, other PCs, etc.), G-Sync (no tearing or stutter and 1ms of input lag) and other crazy stuff is being shown that is pretty revolutionary for PC gaming.

Exuro

I know this isn't necessarily STEAM related... But you guys REALLY need to watch this presser by Nvidia...

HERE

So far, Shadowplay (recording last 20 minutes of gameplay), GameStreaming (3ms of lag), G-Sync (no tearing or stutter and 1ms of input lag) and other crazy stuff is being shown that is pretty revolutionary for PC gaming.
For all we know, shadowplay and Gamestream will be integrated into SteamOS since Valve and Nvidia are in bed on the steam machines, so maybe it is somewhat related :p.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Please don't tell me that's always been there and I've just been embarrassingly oblivious to it all this time.
Don't worry, you're not the only one.

Actually, I think you are, Jase. I was referring to IndieGala, but got the names mixed up.

Sup Steam GAF

XMwjn9b.png

Aaah, good ol' friday. Get off work, drink couple of long drinks and buy a game off Steam I have been wanting to play for more than 2 years now in a slight upbeat drunkenness. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom