• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

How long has it been since you reset your PC/restarted Steam?

Actually I don't think it'd matter at all.
I switch OS twice a day, so my Steam is constantly "fresh", but I get bugged playtimes anyway.
At first it seemed it was fixable just playing a game, but now it just feels totally random.

Like, for some time I got 10 hours added to every game played at least once, then games played where reset to correct time, and then again 1-2 hours added to them.
I particularly noticed it for my last LTTP Dark Souls "episode": I checked my time and it was 31 but after recording the video it was 29 and then I switched to Mac to edit the video and it was 31 again and then back to 29 when I went back to Win. I averaged it to 30 and said fuck it, but still. :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm so used to this thread existing that I just look at the first few letters.

Mea culpa.

The pattern of the bug is interesting though. It doesn't seem to affect all games, but almost all of them, and it adds exactly 194 hours.

The pattern of the bug is that it adds the amount of time that you have had the client running to your gameplay time. 194/24 = 8 days--you probably updated your Steam client 8 days ago.

Durante

It's a metagame. If we figure it out we get HL3.

The pattern of the bug is that it adds the amount of time that you have had the client running to your gameplay time. 194/24 = 8 days--you probably updated your Steam client 8 days ago.
Yeah, or that. I did just see that with the minutes I've had it running now being added.

Still leaves the question of why it doesn't affect a select few games though. Could be the ones launched in the current session?

Everyone in this thread needs to go out right now and try Boson X and then vote the shit out of it on Greenlight or I will personally come to your house every morning and blare Smash Mouth til your ears bleed for the rest of eternity.

Well, that's the end of that chapter.

iXQnm5HxtEh4n.png

I don't care for achievements all too much these days but the ones in Spelunky were a fun challenge that kept me obsessively loading it up, frustratingly quitting after a few deaths, then coming back to it 20 minutes later. Now I'm left with nothing. I guess I could still partake in the daily challenges, but I don't know how long that'll hold me.

I guess it's time to play something else?

iN9RgGEjVoPM6.png

Wow, congrats! Have you tried TowerClimb? (Just Greenlit in the last batch)

Colin.

So, what is the verdict on The Stanley Parable, and how long does the initial playthrough of it take? Enjoyed the source mod, and strongly considering getting it.

KarmaCow

How wonderful, chapter 4 of the Jake/Sherry RE6 campaign has two game breaking bugs right next each other. The first happens when playing with someone else and they can't see that a door is open. The other is right after that and causes the AI to continually run into a locked door without trying to open it.

I'm actually enjoying my experience with RE6 for the most part but it seems like the game can't go 30 minutes without either shoving some stupid insta-death QTE or "awesome" moment of running down a set path with no other options but to hold down run, and now there are these glitches. The frequency of this bullshit almost makes it seem like they intentionally sabotaged their game.

Everyone in this thread needs to go out right now and try Boson X and then vote the shit out of it on Greenlight or I will personally come to your house every morning and blare Smash Mouth til your ears bleed for the rest of eternity.
A fantastic game. I loved it on PC and I think the mobile version is even better. I find that the touchscreen controls are superior than the arrow keys. A game definitely worthy of your Greenlight vote
Boson X is described as a "rotational runner" but that quick description doesn't do justice to this polished reflex testing platformer. You play a man trapped inside a particle collider, running down a procedurally generated path that looks like someone mixed a warp drive with a Super Hexagon-induced nightmare.

Catchy music plays in the background as platforms materialize before you, giving you only seconds to jump left or right or over gaps. Hazards abound and all require quick reflexes to evade: falling platforms, crackling lasers, walls, and more. There are six stages, each with its own unique music, visual scheme, and obstacles.

Like the games that inspired it, Boson X is an addictive, challenging adrenaline rush.

KarmaCow

I may have screwed this up so sorry if something went wrong, but this is the last of the extra keys from bundles.
Also if Spec Ops is already redeemed PM me and I'll give you another key that should not be redeemed.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 31 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, and EDGE -- MB-59C2826C9F907FD9 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 21 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-393E8D8AE921DBE5 - Taken by Truespeed. 2 entrants total.
Last Remnant -- MB-E11ED41488F7B60D - Taken by Melted77. 47 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-3A8380A17A1E8EFF - Taken by FauX. 2 entrants total.
Basement Collection -- MB-84DB1C5A2B0C090A - Taken by angular graphics. 8 entrants total.
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-74F73EE8DFB9CEFB - Taken by Arthea. 45 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-8097CDCD314F925E - Taken by out getting ribs. 4 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse Multiplayer -- MB-38D2A642E08A4D09 - Taken by MechaGodzilla. 3 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-23A033F9D1FA8752 - Taken by Mengy. 1 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-024F3CFC2AB69A03 - Taken by Motorbreath. 3 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-385A187E987FF4A9 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 32 entrants total.
Metro 2033 -- MB-81F127F81925ADB2 - Taken by bloke. 10 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-9BB4241E3197883B - Taken by Cloudius12. 32 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-B624B7B82D73E567 - Taken by Crentist the Dentist. 32 entrants total.
Darksiders -- MB-68A6D3988C214DDC - Taken by Camel Master. 12 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-D26B8C9105532B06 - Taken by gnomed. 11 entrants total.
Fractal -- MB-6281DD2175B6A738 - Taken by Accoun. 7 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-01E2BBEB06539705 - Taken by Honey Bunny. 2 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-2926EC475E8F60DE - Taken by tylergregg. 15 entrants total.
Saints Row: The Third -- MB-11B9379EE97E1865 - Taken by SpongeBob NoPants. 16 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Steam Key) -- MB-7B36A905004B704C - Taken by kadab. 3 entrants total.
Cortex Command -- MB-B5BC67B7376B8F5D - Taken by Stumpokapow. 5 entrants total.
Red Faction Armageddon -- MB-BE134BDE9453A7AB - Taken by Terra_Ex. 7 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-A4D5B9EB08C36BFC - Taken by pettson3816. 4 entrants total.
Aquaria -- MB-8C5BD527CDBF9E5D - Taken by Altazor. 7 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-CD6D669652CB989E - Taken by random. 2 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-9F889F91550E5E34 - Taken by Reckoner. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin Key) -- MB-B4745B1D4CCC3D9B
Greed Corp -- MB-61FF1BBA1F7AF1B4 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 10 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-B0FD1564B2248D87 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 19 entrants total.
Just Cause 2 -- MB-0D607F47F8F68FB2 - Taken by KenOD. 23 entrants total.

t1382386453z1.png

I'll have my Stanley Parable impression up tonight. But in short, it's totally worth getting. I only played for a bit over four hours, but I haven't smiled, laughed, chuckled, or been surprised more by a game in those hours since...well, probably the Portal games.

epaturun

I may have screwed this up so sorry if something went wrong, but this is the last of the extra keys from bundles.
Also if Spec Ops is already redeemed PM me and I'll give you another key that should not be redeemed.

wow, thanks for sharing, i'll let other gaffers try their luck

rtcn63

Probably not eligible, but thank you regardless porcelain cow creamer. It is you and others of your ilk, that help prevent many of us from going on horrible, mountain dew-fueled rampages leaving hundred on their knees, children crying, cities burning.

maty

So I finished Escape Goat, cool game, a little short but fun nonetheless.

There were some tricky achievements like Goat Squeeze and Daredevil.

Now, I'm doing the new challenges that are unlocked once the game is beaten.

If anyone liked this game, I'd also recommend giving Adventures of Shuggy a try.

The_Monk

Fixed! :p

I think I'm done with Knock Knock. Uninstalled after having 72% of my Achievements unlocked and after reaching to an end that, in order to have a "proper" finish I believe I would have to restart the entire game. I'm good for now.

Also, thank you for the kind giveaway Karma, good luck to all of you!

So I finished Escape Goat, cool game, a little short but fun nonetheless.

There were some tricky achievements like Goat Squeeze and Daredevil.

Now, I'm doing the new challenges that are unlocked once the game is beaten.

If anyone liked this game, I'd also recommend giving Adventures of Shuggy a try.
Short? Did you attempt the All Intensive Purposes levels?

NIN90

So my PC just did a POOF sound while playing RE6 and it shut off. Now it won't turn on anymore. Looks like my PSU died? Guess that'd be the cheapest part to replace.

Fixed! :p

I think I'm done with Knock Knock. Uninstalled after having 72% of my Achievements unlocked and after reaching to an end that, in order to have a "proper" finish I believe I would have to restart the entire game. I'm good for now.

Also, thank you for the kind giveaway Karma, good luck to all of you!

:)

I finished a game this evening too; Mark of the Ninja. I switched to a controller for the last level as there was one section that was demanding some manual dexterity with the keyboard that I am just not up to yet. Still I played all the rest of the game with kb&m and my abilities with same improved quite a lot in that time. When I play it again though I'll do so with a controller, especially now that I know that it was originally designed for that interface. I had a blast with the game but am ready to play something else now. However I just looked at my library and nothing was leaping out at me. i think i has teh steam curse guyz

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Even after watching the trailer on Steam I'm not quite sure I understand. What exactly is Stanley Parable?

I almost wish I didn't just win Gish the other day. Thanks for the giveaway anyroad.

So my PC just did a POOF sound while playing RE6 and it shut off. Now it won't turn on anymore. Looks like my PSU died? Guess that'd be the cheapest part to replace.

As long as it didn't take anything else with it. The power components on both the motherboard and GPU can do the same thing. Check for a burning smell.

Anyone played democracy 3 or know much about it? Saw it on the store homepage yesterday. Looks kind of cool.

Congrats on being awesome

Altazor

wow, man, what a giveaway! I won NightSky yesterday so I'm not eligible but still... you're awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom