• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

That's quite alright; I feel your pain. I'm still recovering from a night of Scotch and gaming a couple of nights ago :/. I don't feel like death warmed up anymore, YAY!, but my tummy is still a bit dodgy. I'm too old for benders :(. Hope you are fully recovered soon :).

Hahaha thanks. Truth be told I've been walking around the house muttering to myself all day like Danny Glover out of Lethal Weapon.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (poopninjamvc3mk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC -- MB-F2ACC30B254BB8DD - Taken by Purkake4

Extra from the monthly giveaway full of duplicates

Papytendo

I just finished Minerva's Den.

Those feels at the end with The Thinker imitating Pearl."What's the matter? Don't you still love me?" ;_;

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So, I'm playing Lost Planet 2 with some friends and now that we're more than half way through, I have to ask: what is the appeal of this game?

Genuine question.

So, I'm playing Lost Planet 2 with some friends and now that we're more than half way through, I have to ask: what is the appeal of this game?

Genuine question.

Inventive, fun bosses, great creature design, incredible graphics, a coop game that actually uses the amount of players available in the design, and so on. Lost Planet 2 is one of the best coop games out there in my opinion, shame you can't get into it! The train sequence when done with a good crew is one of my favorite gaming moments.

random

I may have screwed this up so sorry if something went wrong, but this is the last of the extra keys from bundles.
Also if Spec Ops is already redeemed PM me and I'll give you another key that should not be redeemed.

Thank you for letting random lurkers in!

If I get sucked into the way of the Steam enough to end up with duplicate keys, I'll be sure to return the kindness.

Ah, makes sense.

My favorite Lost Planet 2 boss is when you have to blow the legs off one of the giant enemies until he falls over and you can enter his stomach to blow him to pieces from the inside. It's fun, crazy stuff. They really came up with some game encounters.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The demo put me off, seeing it in the bargain bin for £3 has also made me think it's not of one the games I should have on my account.

I bought Kane & Lynch 2 from a regular Brazilian Online Store (kinda like Amazon) for the equivalent of like 2,50 USD and it redeemed on Steam.

It was some special promotion, it didn't last long.

Never played it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
The demo put me off, seeing it in the bargain bin for £3 has also made me think it's not of one the games I should have on my account.

To be fair if you didn't like the demo you probably wouldn't care for the full game. I have a real soft spotfor both of them.

Tenrius

It's actually better.

These are the facts.

I had a genuine interest in the first game, but just couldn't play it, because the shooting mechanics were completely off the point. Made two attempts, even. And now I have both available via family sharing, so perhaps I should try the second one sometime.

rtcn63

I finished the first K & L, but the second was just another at-best mediocre third-person shooter with the waves of enemies and the moving forward endlessly.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I had a genuine interest in the first game, but just couldn't play it, because the shooting mechanics were completely off the point. Made two attempts, even. And now I have both available via family sharing, so perhaps I should try the second one sometime.

K&L1's shooting was pretty poor all around but I found the characters interesting enough to want to keep going... until Cuba happened. Fuck that noise.

K&L2 was a huge improvement in every way and I love it dearly, but if there's one thing its really guilty of its bullet sponge enemies in the strangest of ways. They have this whole "down but not out" AI that will hit the floor and wait some time before getting back up if you don't land a killing hit, which can be a huge pain to deal with late game.

Kuroyume

Banned
Mechanically LP2 is one of the best TPS. How many even have hook shots? Yeah, you should some of the Japanese players who know what they're doing play this game. Flying/rolling all over the place.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mechanically LP2 is one of the best TPS. How many even have hook shots? Yeah, you should some of the Japanese players who know what they're doing play this game. Flying/rolling all over the place.

Bionic Commando (third person shooter edition) shits all over LP2's hookshot. It's not even opinion, it's fact.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

Genuine question.

For me it's a generic shooter, but to answer your question: big bosses?

Really, it's a shame that people hate on the game without bothering to put even the tiniest amount of effort into it. Saying it's mechanically one of the worst shooters is absolutely absurd. I suppose that's what doomed us into getting Lost Planet 3 :/

Shame we won't get another coop game with the creativity that Lost Planet 2 brought to the scenarios. Honestly can't tell if half the people here are kidding or not.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it actually worse than Kane & Lynch 1?
After going through K&L1 with a friend on local co-op, I can hardly think of a more flawed game than that (that's also not horrible, broken nor completely unplayable). It's not bad, it's just... badly executed.

On another note, I'm glad I bought The Stanley Parable. It's so good.

maty

Mother of God!!!

(youtube screengrab since I can not go back to room select)

AWW YEAH!!!

(Me :D)

If you touch any skull the platforms disappear.
First time I got to the top I fell through the final hole. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom