• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

IIRC, The Movies was removed from Steam before they even allowed you to buy giftable copies and store them in your inventory. The best you can hope for is an unclaimed gift url.

Good luck!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hrrm... I might buy the first tier, those are the only ones I'm missing...

So far the average is 2.57 so I'm assuming most people are going for the first tier. As a result, if you do want the second tier, probably best to wait for the mandatory $4 price to drop in 8 hours.

nexen

You aren't missing anything.

Red Faction 1 is neat in a tech demo kind of way still.

If you can find a multiplayer game, it is a very unique experience. Might be dead now though, I found people still playing it about three years back when I tried.

Red Faction 2 isn't really worth your time at all though. But just try to own RF1, RFG, and RFA without really wanting it. I dare you.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Red Faction 1 is neat in a tech demo kind of way still.

If you can find a multiplayer game, it is a very unique experience. Might be dead now though, I found people still playing it about three years back when I tried.

Red Faction 2 isn't really worth your time at all though. But just try to own RF1, RFG, and RFA without really wanting it. I dare you.

IIRC the demo for RF1 had the tech demo room with the rocket launcher. Play that for 2 minutes to get the effect and avoid tying the shitty wannabe Half-Life 1 on Mars to your account.

rtcn63

Guerilla was really fun when I played it awhile back. Sandbox-lite I think, though I'm not sure I could force through it again. Remember dying a lot.

Armageddon... go replay RE4 and 5 instead.

nexen

IIRC the demo for RF1 had the tech demo room with the rocket launcher. Play that for 2 minutes to get the effect and avoid tying the shitty wannabe Half-Life 1 on Mars to your account.

True. The MP is worth a $1 though, if you can find a game that is.
Warlords map with facing castles and rocket launchers was one of the best MP experiences I ever had. Fuck that rail gun though.

edit: RFG: is the only legitimately 'good' game in that bundle. I loved it but some people really do dislike it, so YMMV. RFA abandons what makes RFG good, but it is still a competent, fun little ride. RF1 was much better when it came out but it did not age well at all. RF2 was never good, not even when it came out.

I may be going crazy, but yesterday Steam (and my games) seemed to be a lot quieter than usual. I just got a new headset and installed Windows 8.1., but that was the only time I noticed anything different.

Grief.exe

Where are you guys finding all these removed games from? (not the steam retail key ones like Prey)

You have to check around the dark corners of the internet to track down someone with a giftable copy.

Reddit, Russian websites, TF2 trading websites.

I may be going crazy, but yesterday Steam (and my games) seemed to be a lot quieter than usual. I just got a new headset and installed Windows 8.1., but that was the only time I noticed anything different.

My inner audiophile is tingling.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Red Faction 1 multiplayer made it all worth it back when it first came out. Finding a good level, blasting tunnels through the Earth to sneak across areas or death from below, great times. I remember nothing about the single player however.

Red Faction Guerilla I wanted to enjoy as tearing down and blasting buildings is great fun. I just couldn't get past the boring travelling and lack of anything to do away from any of those buildings. The game desperately needed a fun way to travel around the world, be it a fun vehicle or unique ability like super jump, or just more activities that would distract me from the lifeless terrain of Mars (yes I get that is what they were going for).

Chronoja

You have to check around the dark corners of the internet to track down someone with a giftable copy.

Reddit, Russian websites, TF2 trading websites.

My inner audiophile is tingling.

I thought so. Just checking, incase there was some kind of "removed games" specific trading post somewhere I wasn't aware of.

IIRC, The Movies was removed from Steam before they even allowed you to buy giftable copies and store them in your inventory. The best you can hope for is an unclaimed gift url.

Good luck!

I had hassle with Enhanced Steam earlier which defied all my attempts to solve it until I uninstalled it and then went for a fresh install.

The language was set to that of another region [I had Googled a game to look it up on Steam and the Google entry went to that region's entry] and I couldn't get it back to UK English whatever I did.

I cleared my cache, restarted the pc, checked it was set to English in the ES options but nothing worked.

Just mentioning it in case it's something you wish to know about.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Getgamesgo has an "indie carnival" with extra discounts depending on how many games you buy.
Wow, Topware continuing their upraised middle finger to the devs of Transcripted. For anyone who cares about this sort of thing, they haven't seen a cent of money from sales of the game and the court hearing isn't happening until December.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had hassle with Enhanced Steam earlier which defied all my attempts to solve it until I uninstalled it and then went for a fresh install.

The language was set to that of another region [I had Googled a game to look it up on Steam and the Google entry went to that region's entry] and I couldn't get it back to UK English whatever I did.

I cleared my cache, restarted the pc, checked it was set to English in the ES options but nothing worked.

Just mentioning it in case it's something you wish to know about.

It should be using whatever language Steam is using. If you change your Steam language back to English, Enhanced Steam should automatically follow suit.

I bought Prey digitally originally from Direct2Drive when it came out ages ago, about 3 years ago I asked them for a Steam key to no avail, lost my cd's since so that sucks. That was a pretty fun game.

Ask here, we can get you a good set up and save you some money.

$30 headset is not too bad. Gets the job done and you didn't break the bank. 5.1/7.1 headsets are a scam.

Can you recommend me a good cheap headset?, if it's wireless it would be ideal, but the receiver and headset both should be battery powered, because it would get sporadical use and I don't want to have to plug unplug the receiver all the time ( wall sockets are hard to reach ).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently only Rionna beats her games
I have tits now? Cool!

(also, good thing you can't check my 3DS library. So far I haven't beaten a single title, except for Ace Attorney 4 -which incidentally is a DS game, so it doesn't count. Many of those games weren't even on sale, so I have no excuse to hoard them)

Red Faction 1 was brilliant, you could strap remote explosive on guys and have them flail around forever while you never detonate it.

Also the destruction was mindblowing for the timeframe of release, it was something I wish more devs took to heart. Maybe by nexty-nexty-next gen we'll have games where environments aren't mostly constructed with adamantium.

DagsJT

Anywhere US-based selling Lego Marvel Steam codes? GMG are doing them but with me being in the UK, I hear they frown upon buying from other countries and are known to ban users.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I actually liked RF1 much more than I did HL. And I played both way after they came out (HL 3 or 4 years ago, and RF this year). I'd suggest not to play it on the highest difficulty though, because enemies move like they had steroids for breakfast and have more accuracy than a CS cheater with Aimbot.

Red Fraction 1 multiplayer made it all worth it back when it first came out. Finding a good level, blasting tunnels through the Earth to sneak across areas or death from below, great times. I remember nothing about the single player however.

Red Fraction Guerilla I wanted to enjoy as tearing down and blasting buildings is great fun. I just couldn't get past the boring travelling and lack of anything to do away from any of those buildings. The game desperately needed a fun way to travel around the world, be it a fun vehicle or unique ability like super jump, or just more activities that would distract me from the lifeless terrain of Mars (yes I get that is what they were going for).
Is Red Fraction the Mars spin-off of Frog Fractions?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

Is that annoying setting on under sound > communication, which lowers the volume?

DagsJT

GMG is a London based company? http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/action/lego-marvel-superheroes/ I don't know if that is the best price, but GMG is a British company. edit: re reading your thing I am confused lol.

Sorry, I should've been clear. I'm after a US key as they get the game tomorrow whereas it's middle of November for Europe. So if I buy from GMG with my UK account, I'll not get the key for a few weeks. Just found Gamersgate are selling it so might use a VPN and buy from there instead.

Dr Dogg

Red Faction 1 was brilliant, you could strap remote explosive on guys and have them flail around forever while you never detonate it.

Also the destruction was mindblowing for the timeframe of release, it was something I wish more devs took to heart. Maybe by nexty-nexty-next gen we'll have games where environments aren't mostly constructed with adamantium.

My problem with Red Faction 1 was that, while all the Geo Mod stuff was insane at the time (locked door? No problem blow a hole in the wall), it was heavily front loaded and towards the middle is was used sparingly and only for contextual progression. At the end you were mainly going through steal lined corridors.

And instead of expanding on this for 2 Volition must have blown a large chunk of the budget of hiring the likes of Jason Statham.

Still the Rail Driver is up there with some of the most fun weapons ever.

Wow. I just realised its the Replay year on PC.

We got tons of Retro games on steam. We got more and more GFWL-less games with extra DLCs for free and achievements. And we got a few Directors Cut games. And more and more Console Ports.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
My problem with Red Faction 1 was that, while all the Geo Mod stuff was insane at the time (locked door? No problem blow a hole in the wall), it was heavily front loaded and towards the middle is was used sparingly and only for contextual progression. At the end you were mainly going through steal lined corridors.

And instead of expanding on this for 2 Volition must have blown a large chunk of the budget of hiring the likes of Jason Statham.

Multiplayer was where it was at, at least on PC. I played the hell out of the multiplayer, probably around two thousand hours, and never touched the single player. Rail driver is easily my favorite weapon from any game I have ever played.

jshackles

Speaking of games removed from Steam...

There is only about 52 minutes left to buy this pack which contains two such games for 75% off. While not technically removed (since they're still available as part of this pack) they cannot be purchased individually. And packs disappear way more often than games do.

inm8num2

I can't imagine why would they be concerned. GOG's main point is DRM-free, unless Valve changes things up a bit, GOG won't lose their existing clients to Steam.

But their potential goes down for gaining new customers, people who are looking to buy older games.

Turfster

There is only about 52 minutes left to buy this pack which contains two such games for 75% off. While not technically removed (since they're still available as part of this pack) they cannot be purchased individually. And packs disappear way more often than games do.
Actually, both got added to the 1C groupees thing as a bonus.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I dunno man, Enhanced Steam is telling me not to buy it.

N0gQpXJ.png

Download links only, no Steam keys

The game definitely puts its best foot forward, you get your melee weapon about 30 seconds in, your pistol 35 seconds in, and remote explosives at about a minute. I respect that. Agreed that it pretty much falls apart at the end, but I find I can say that about most FPSes.

Never did play RF2 though, my PC by the time it released was a junker, so I made the PS2 choice between it or TimeSplitters 2. I didn't like TS2 all that much but I still think I made the right choice.

jshackles

True, but only DRM-free copies. I don't believe they're able to produce Steam keys for these games, due to them not technically being available for purchase on Steam. I'm just going off of what the chat reps have said on the Groupees page.

I dunno man, Enhanced Steam is telling me not to buy it.

It actually is good advice - it should only serve to remind you that you are, in fact, wasting money (since you'll never play these anyway). :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just shared my games with my friend who plays nothing but MMOs

She's probably not going to play any of it but feels good man.

This week is looking pretty good for my family sharing Steam experience. I'm going to be wrapping up Grid 2 and hopefully starting another friend's copy of Metro: Last Light. Then on Friday Batman unlocks on my account and I have 2-3 friends who will be looking into that. Looking a little further down the road I have Rise of the Triad, Shadow Warrior 2013 and Deadly Premonition lined up.

Slacker

I feel like this has been answered in numerous places, but I can't find it for some reason. I got in to the Family Sharing beta, but I don't see how to actually share my games. I authorized my machine. Does my buddy I want to share with have to be accepted into the beta too? I thought I read somewhere that only the sharer had to be in.

Turfster

I feel like this has been answered in numerous places, but I can't find it for some reason. I got in to the Family Sharing beta, but I don't see how to actually share my games. I authorized my machine. Does my buddy I want to share with have to be accepted into the beta too? I thought I read somewhere that only the sharer had to be in.
You need to activate your buddy's machine with your account after logging in on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom