• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

You're welcome

W4K2KFD.jpg

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I haven't finished the game so I can't say with certainty, but as of about 75% of the way through there are no abilities in Tetrobot and every secret block is accessible from the moment you see them.
Sounds good to me. Thank you.

Knurek

Man multiple publishers going to Steam with their classics. I don't mind it, but GOG has to be a little concerned.

I can't imagine why would they be concerned. GOG's main point is DRM-free, unless Valve changes things up a bit, GOG won't lose their existing clients to Steam.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I really wonder if Valve asked the devs to bring all the old games to Steam.

Since 2 weeks there are old games released everyday on Steam.

Btw. they were in an "indie"-bundle IIRC too.
Hopefully Little Big Adventure, Twinsen's Odyssey and those old Apogee and Epic MegaGames games I love will come to Steam too.

Oh, and the Madness racing games too (Midtown, Motocross and Monster Truck), along with Donald in Cold Shadow (aka Maui Mallard) and Star Wars Episode 1: Racer. Of course, someone's gonna find they own the rights to NOLF and upload them too, along with Claw. And the original Rainbow Six? Sure, why not? It could be released along with SWAT 3. And MGS1 & 2 (though the latter is a dreadful port).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I found BLUR to be mediocre at best, If it wasn't for the 4 player split screen I would have called it terrible. I think part of the reason why the game gets so much love is because the studio is now defunct.

- bland selection of cars
- dull and linear tracks
- predictable ai and power ups
- average game modes

The 4 player split screen is good... If it wasn't the fact that control scheme is screwed unless you have 4 360 pads.

Woah woah woah. Blur is not bland.

It's actually a pretty good "Adult Mariokart" and I had more fun with it than Sega's "Sonic All-stars Racing" attempt. It's probably the best Kart Racer since Crash Team Racing for me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deadly Premonition -- MB-20F218FCC98A3D23 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 109 entrants total.

t1382449231z1.png

To clarify, Rayman Legends wasn't exactly the same. What happened is that the pre-order sub was universal, but once the game was released, Ubi made a region-locked RU-specific sub and updated the relevant store pages. A similar approach is something that could be applied to Black Flag, albeit during its pre-order period, to reach a compromise.

Edit: I'll add this to my Ubi forum post, too.

Ah, got it. I've edited the op to reflect. But looks like we're getting somewhere, been speaking to Mr_Shade over pm to straighten out some facts and while nothings been said, the fact that times being taken to look into it makes me optimistic.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deadly Premonition -- MB-20F218FCC98A3D23

t1382449231z1.png

Thanks a lot for this giveaway kind anonymous gaffer.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Why doesn't everyone have Deadly Premonition already preordered? I though people in here were cool. How disappointing.

Mostly because I already know everything about the story of the game, thanks to the Giantbomb endurance run. Because of it, I purchased the 360 version (which I never played). Also because I have 800 other games on Steam.

There's also the fact that it'll probably be in a sale before I ever install it and I don't really want to install it, since I don't want to play it as I already know everything about the game.

So there's those reasons... :D

If I didn't have the 360 version, I would most certainly buy it. My policy to not buy games I already own when they're not on sale also prevents me from buying Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. I already finished it on the 360, DLC and all.

Grief.exe

Isn't Otogi by From Software? Sega just published it in the West IIRC.

Yes, but the publisher would still dictate what happens with the HD version.

Either Sega would contact From directly for the ports, or outsource it to another company and From would still get a percentage of sales.

kiyomi

When I login to the Steam website and try and get into the browser chat, it doesn't signify me as being Online, and I can't send messages, obviously. I've tried it with 2 different computers, one about 16 hours ago and another one just now.

Anyone know what's up?

There's also the fact that it'll probably be in a sale before I ever install it and I don't really want to install it, since I don't want to play it as I already know everything about the game.
If everything you know about Deadly Premonition comes from the endurance run there's still plenty you have no idea about.

Arthea

Why doesn't everyone have Deadly Premonition already preordered? I though people in here were cool. How disappointing.

Too bad Sega didn't port the PS360 version from 2011. It's perfect.

You know, I noticed, that on my fl, you are one who plays the most, seriously, I'm kinda impressed even!

Ya, I'm concerned about Deadly Premonition greatly. Let's hope it's better than PS3 version. Version from 2010 was only on 360 though.

Knurek

Yes, but the publisher would still dictate what happens with the HD version.

Either Sega would contact From directly for the ports, or outsource it to another company and From would still get a percentage of sales.

What I mean is that From self-published the game in country of origin, Japan, so they would be the one deciding any potential PC port.

Personally, I'd love to see Sega bring Valkyria Chronicles to PC. XCOM sold tonnes, Agarest sold tonnes, I see no reason VC wouldn't sell tonnes squared.

Gbraga

When I login to the Steam website and try and get into the browser chat, it doesn't signify me as being Online, and I can't send messages, obviously. I've tried it with 2 different computers, one about 16 hours ago and another one just now.

Anyone know what's up?

Dd57fHV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom