• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Let's get this out of the way: if you entered the Deadly Premonition raffle and don't intend to play it, you're kinda a jerk.

derExperte

Don't be silly. Was bought the moment it was available for pre-order so I can chuck more money at them.

First ever triple-dip <3

Faith in SteamGAF partially restored.

You know, I noticed, that on my fl, you are one who plays the most, seriously, I'm kinda impressed even!

Ya, I'm concerned about Deadly Premonition greatly. Let's hope it's better than PS3 version. Version from 2010 was only on 360 though.

Only 30hrs in the last 2 weeks. Okay, I played some BF4 and BF3 but there were times I was constantly between 50 and 100 or even over that.

And yeah, being serious for a moment I understand if someone wants to wait how DP turns out technically, there's a chance the port will be a mess. Or do we have impressions from someone who played it already?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Let's get this out of the way: if you entered the Deadly Premonition raffle and don't intend to play it, you're kinda a jerk.

Since I said thanks and implied that I would have won already, which gives the impression that I already entered the raffle, and I was also the only person in the thread that mentioned I didn't buy it before because I don't intend to play it, I feel your reply was directed to me, so I feel the need to explain that while it's true that I'm not willing to pay the current asked price for the game, if I were to win the raffle (which is probably not going to happen anyway), I would install the game and play it.

It would essentially be bumped to the next game in line to be played on my neverending list of available games to play, which is open right now, as I don't want to keep playing Earthbound, don't really want to go to the Crystal Caves in Dark Souls and I'm not really in the mood for the Civil War in Skyrim...

I can't imagine why would they be concerned. GOG's main point is DRM-free, unless Valve changes things up a bit, GOG won't lose their existing clients to Steam.

If you look around their boards a bit, some people who are in to GOG are in deep. Some of those guys would never leave them.

It's like a religion, or steam.

Grief.exe

Since I said thanks and implied that I would have won already, which gives the impression that I already entered the raffle, and I was also the only person in the thread that mentioned I didn't buy it before because I don't intend to play it, I feel your reply was directed to me, so I feel the need to explain that while it's true that I'm not willing to pay the current asked price for the game, if I were to win the raffle (which is probably not going to happen anyway), I would install the game and play it.

It would essentially be bumped to the next game in line to be played on my neverending list of available games to play, which is open right now, as I don't want to finish Earthbound, don't really want to go to the Crystal Caves in Dark Souls and I'm not really in the mood for the Civil War in Skyrim...

Oh come on Drizz, that wasn't directed at you.

If you look around their boards a bit, some people who are in to GOG are in deep. Some of those guys would never leave them.

It's like a religion, or steam.

We are either praising Gaben or our Polish overlords.

morningbus

It would essentially be bumped to the next game in line to be played on my neverending list of available games to play, which is open right now, as I don't want to finish Earthbound, don't really want to go to the Crystal Caves in Dark Souls and I'm not really in the mood for the Civil War in Skyrim...

It wasn't directed towards you, but your post got me thinking in that direction.

I assumed you'd be playing it if won, so no worries, but it'll be sad if a person who is just adding games to a list wins it and sits on it.

Copons

It wasn't directed towards you, but your post got me thinking in that direction.

I assumed you'd be playing it if won, so no worries, but it'll be sad if a person who is just adding games to a list wins it and sits on it.

I totally agree with you, but still I think people who enter a giveaway with no intention to play the game already knows they're scumbags who just don't give a damn about it, and pointing out this fact probably just leads to annoy good guys
like us
sincerely wanting to play those games.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks to a very very helpful GAFfer (I won't out him so the rest of the horde doesn't spam him looking for their very own copies!), I am the proud owner of Prey. Now to go spend $100 on Saw.

Offering 250 keys for The Movies on Steam.

morningbus

I totally agree with you, but still I think people who enter a giveaway with no intention to play the game already knows they're scumbags who just don't give a damn about it, and pointing out this fact probably just leads to annoy good guys
like us
sincerely wanting to play those games.

Well, at the same time, I would like people to start thinking more like I do with giveaways. I have plenty of games to play at the moment and even though I'd play it immediately if I entered and won Deadly Premonition, I don't feel it's right for me to take away the chance for someone else to play the game.

Basically what I'm trying to tell you people is that I'm Steam Thread Jesus.

If you haven't preordered Deadly Premonition, please format C: and return your PC gamer card to the nearest library.

Also: Shadowman is now out on Steam: I remember that the PC port is pretty good and it's a very interesting (and friggin' confusing) game. I played it on PS1 when it came out and watched a Let's Play from Youtube couple of years or so back and I still have no clue what is happening with the level design.

It's also quite cheap, so I suggest someone gives it try if you are interested in serial killers, weird voodoo stuff, yanky 3D platforming and overall crazyness.

edit: I see that 7th Quest and 11th Hour also came out on the same day. I wonder how those hold up.

Grief.exe

I just noticed how this feature doesn't actually show all of the friends that own the title.

Seems like a missed opportunity to me to include people who haven't played the title yet. Of course, some games I have well over 100 people owning the title, so it could get quite crowded.

Either way, welcome to the Prey party Stump.

Apparently only Rionna beats her games

Ih5ePTX.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Well, at the same time, I would like people to start thinking more like I do with giveaways. I have plenty of games to play at the moment and even though I'd play it immediately if I entered and won Deadly Premonition, I don't feel it's right for me to take away the chance for someone else to play the game.

Where do I fall in the holy Trinity then?

Cheddahz

Banned
I mean, I did play Deadly Premonition on the 360, but I heard they fixed a good number of things and I do feel like replaying it again

Maybe someone should family share with me

I just noticed how this feature doesn't actually show all of the friends that own the title.

Seems like a missed opportunity to me to include people who haven't played the title yet. Of course, some games I have well over 100 people owning the title, so it could get quite crowded.

Ih5ePTX.png
And the rest of them treat the game as a trophy.

Better that than someone who just hoovers it up because it's free whether they wish to play it or not, especially if they have no idea what the game is.

When I ModBot games away I never assume that the receiver is going to go and play it right then/soon. I assume [hope] it's something they were wishing to play and that even if they don't play it immediately they'll get to it at some point.

louiedog

Friends who have played the game through family sharing don't show up either, though that could just be something that will be added later. It's too bad because you could have friends who have finished a game and not know they're available to discuss it.

Copons

All praise morningbus!

Seriously, again I totally agree with you, and morningbus only knows how many interesting giveaways I let go for this reason, especially during my Dark Souls extravaganza, when I thought I'd never ever play other games again.
But anyway, I'm fine with people entering giveaways for games they want to play even if they have a full backlog and they're going to do it later-ish. Heck, I did the same for like Walking Dead and Xcom (the first played roughly one month after I got it, the second I still have to install but I know I'm gonna love it, it's just have other gaming needs right now and also I'm delaying it for when I'm getting a new PC because I don't want to play it at super low details most likely ruining part of the fun).

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I still love my non-Steam Prey story.

My Internet was out for an entire day, so I decided I was going to start and finish Prey. So I did and, after like 9 hours of gameplay, I was on the last stage and... my videocard fried. I replaced my videocard, but never wanted to start Prey again, because that goddamn game fried my videocard, I didn't want it to fry another one. I don't even know what happened to that copy of the game.

I managed to get a Steam key for it (thanks to a Gaffer), and if I had my save still, I'd finish it now.

didamangi

And the rest of them treat the game as a trophy.

Not quite true, I quit playing the game because Sikkmod doesn't work properly on AMD cards at that time (had to disable Catalyst AI and that killed the performance for my old card).

I have a GTX 570 now and I'll probably finished all the Sikkmod enabled mod games on Halloween week.
maybe :p

Turfster

Looks like the Red Faction bundles weren't for humble, but for Indiegala
Tier 1: $1
  • Red Faction
  • Red Faction II
Tier 2: $4 at the moment
  • Red Faction Guerilla
  • Red Faction Armageddon + DLC

Grief.exe

Not quite true, I quit playing the game because Sikkmod doesn't work properly on AMD cards at that time (had to disable Catalyst AI and that killed the performance for my old card).

I have a GTX 570 now and I'll probably finished all the Sikkmod enabled mod games on Halloween week.
maybe :p

Sikkmod works with Prey??

j74SykU.gif

Nillansan

The Steam Thread and Toma's Indie Thread are my comfort zones. That thread about Wild Games Studio and Copyright claims made my head spin.

nexen

To be fair a lot of people activated a box copy they already beat many years prior. You can't get judgy with a game like Prey.

Yeah, I double-dipped on Prey yeeeeaars ago. Bought a $3 copy on sale from Frys because, why not? I had no idea it would be a rare Steam game later, or I would've kept the code.

I had already beaten it on x360.

morningbus

All praise morningbus!

Seriously, again I totally agree with you, and morningbus only knows how many interesting giveaways I let go for this reason, especially during my Dark Souls extravaganza, when I thought I'd never ever play other games again.
But anyway, I'm fine with people entering giveaways for games they want to play even if they have a full backlog and they're going to do it later-ish. Heck, I did the same for like Walking Dead and Xcom (the first played roughly one month after I got it, the second I still have to install but I know I'm gonna love it, it's just have other gaming needs right now and also I'm delaying it for when I'm getting a new PC because I don't want to play it at super low details most likely ruining part of the fun).

Oh yeah, absolutely. I'm not trying to put anyone in a bad light if they have extenuating circumstances. It's just my personal ethics about entering giveaways.

Thanks to a very very helpful GAFfer (I won't out him so the rest of the horde doesn't spam him looking for their very own copies!), I am the proud owner of Prey. Now to go spend $100 on Saw.

Offering 250 keys for The Movies on Steam.

You're offering that much, or you're offering that many?

fantomena

SteamGAF needs more point'n click action.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Deponia -- MB-24497F8C03851E5F - Taken by Cth. 21 entrants total.
Chaos on Deponia -- MB-63BE94DA62FB761C - Taken by jshackles. 18 entrants total.

t1382378806z1.png

morningbus

The look on every character's face makes it impossible for me not the read the name of those games as Derponia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom