• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just to further follow up on bookterr.com:

Code:
stumpokapow$ whois dota2.com | grep networksolutionsprivate
      Valve Corporation		z65az9ve9ty@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
stumpokapow$ whois steampowered.com | grep networksolutionsprivate
stumpokapow$ whois valvesoftware.com | grep networksolutionsprivate
stumpokapow$ whois half-life.com | grep networksolutionsprivate
stumpokapow$ whois steam-machines.net | grep networksolutionsprivate
stumpokapow$ whois dayofdefeat.com | grep networksolutionsprivate
stumpokapow$ whois l4d.com | grep networksolutionsprivate
stumpokapow$ whois bookterr.com | grep networksolutionsprivate
      Selin, Sean		p46up5dj6rz@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com

Notice the difference between the registration info on the legitimate Valve domains and the bookterr.com domain?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
For stealth-puzzle fans I'd recommend Stealth Bastard Deluxe from the deals.

I had some performance related issues with it, where occasionally it'd slow down from 60fps to 30-40fps. But this was near launch.
Unless the game was rewritten and is no longer GameMaker-based, this probably hasn't changed. (I know this happened for the Vita version, but I don't know if any of that work made it back to PC.)

...The DLC doesn't appear to be discounted. :/ not that I've even started the main game

Wow, that's a lot of weeklong deals. But, as usual, they're mostly games that have been bundled in the past.

Indeed. If anyone was eyeing Ittle Dew for $5, I'll note that you've still got about three hours to pick it up for $3.50 in the Flying Bundle.

Yeah it would be pretty darn convenient if there was a Gaffer who posted the deals for us here every week. Guess I'll have to pick up the slack this week.
...I can see Turfster off in the corner, quietly fuming.

(People yelled at him last week for reserving lines in his daily deal post for the weekly deals when they weren't entirely up yet, hence him just posting the link this time.)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
lawl. Sorry. But to be fair most of my Steam decisions these days are revolving around GFWL. :
Nothing personal intended, I assure you.

The death of GFWL is the most buzz there has ever been around the service, so there is good reason for people to have questions and concerns.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Acti will be my new best friend if it patches GFWL out of Quantum of Solace and hands over the keys to Valve.

derExperte

Your new items: 50% OFF Foul Play 50% OFF Omerta

Anyone interested? I bought FP for -33% and played through with a friend, it gets a little repetitive as there aren't enough special moves and you don't need different tactis for different enemies but it wasn't bad. Certainly worth it for half off (or more, voucher works with the 2pack).

Exuro

Thoughts on Stealth Bastard and Monaco? Have them in my cart and am about to purchase, but just want to make sure they're worth getting.

Also, has anyone tried out the linux support on either? My laptop has ubuntu so it'll be nice to run them on there.

Turfster

Yeah it would be pretty darn convenient if there was a Gaffer who posted the deals for us here every week.

Don't make me murder you.

(People yelled at him last week for reserving lines in his daily deal post for the weekly deals when they weren't entirely up yet, hence him just posting the link this time.)
Xanathus was one of the people going "Durr, why u do dis?"

Thoughts on Stealth Bastard and Monaco? Have them in my cart and am about to purchase, but just want to make sure they're worth getting.

Also, has anyone tried out the linux support on either? My laptop has ubuntu so it'll be nice to run them on there.

my thoughts on SBD

For stealth-puzzle fans I'd recommend Stealth Bastard Deluxe from the deals. Really solid title, which focuses more on puzzle-platforming compared to Mark of the Ninja, but opposed to MotN, you can't make takedowns, and once you get spotted you can't fight. And opposed to the sprawling, multi-path levels, this is test chamber based.

I had some performance related issues with it, where occasionally it'd slow down from 60fps to 30-40fps. But this was near launch.

Unless the game was rewritten and is no longer GameMaker-based, this probably hasn't changed. (I know this happened for the Vita version, but I don't know if any of that work made it back to PC.)

...The DLC doesn't appear to be discounted. :/ not that I've even started the main game

Haven't played it since Jan, so not sure.

JaseC

Oh, man. Borderlands 2 RU is a separate app which means its billion pieces of DLC are also separate apps. Please go on sale soon.

Clawww

Monaco: got a 4-pack a few months ago and played it with some friends, it was pretty fun. It's not very difficult, but there are some tricky parts and having to bail out your whole squad by yourself does require some clutch play, which is always exciting and funny. Nothing especially brilliant, though, and it's mainly memorable because we played it together while voice chatting.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So why does my Steam window always stay on top of other windows I have open now? :/

Li Kao

I wasn't entirely sold on Monaco when I played it a little earlier in the year.
Not that's it's particularly bad or anything, and I should mention that I was soloing it and that might explain that.
But while the early levels are easy-normal and offered me some stealth joy, the game take a turns for the 'what the fuck will I do if not shoot everybody like a madman and lose any hope for stealth' mid-point.
So maybe I'm bad, maybe the game is really to be played multi, but that 'how the hell can I stealth this thing ?' burned me out on the game.

Should retry it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Monaco is really a game that begs for you to have a full 4 player party. VOIP or same-couch is a must. Things happen way too quickly for it to be anywhere near as fun without hearing the screams of your pickpocket who turned the wrong corner and just alerted the entire building.

Single player really misses out on this aspect. While the levels are able to be approached different ways for different classes, its almost too mechanical compared to multi to really be enjoyable. Looking forward to checking out the new update later this week.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I disappear for a week and all the fun happens while I'm gone. I'm never leaving you guys again, I swear!

until I'm done with Poke Y and Ace Attorney Investigations so I can buy -and play- AA5, that is

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
SteamGAF needs more point'n click action.

Thanks! I can't believe I won Chaos on Deponia. Paying it forward:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-349251A437C7845F - Taken by phantomspiker
Garshasp Temple of the Dragon -- MB-0EFBCFE95C4CA4BA - Taken by derExperte
Bastion -- MB-692A0123050AB5CB - Taken by nightstorm
The Showdown Effect -- MB-CF6A48A1833F42FC - Taken by RS4-
Garshasp the Monster Slayer -- MB-8A8266A948DC3548 - Taken by nexen
Penny Arcade Rain Slick 3 -- MB-8AAEC1326A4C64CD - Taken by Spawn

Wok

well, if you sell them even for 0.10€ each, it's still 20€, that's not much, but at least 1 free game, no?

It would mean clicking 600 times for 20€. I am not doing this. Maybe one day if I need the money.

Sorry if old, but Tetrobot and Co. had a bad first week.

6JIz28B.jpg

The comparison might be unfair because Tetrobot was released directly on Steam while Blocks That Matter was first released on Xbox.

FauX

Late question about games that aren't on steam anymore:

Amazon got a retail copy of Prey, will the key work on steam? Besides is there a way to obtain outrun 2006 key on steam?

JaseC

Late question about games that aren't on steam anymore:

Amazon got a retail copy of Prey, will the key work on steam? Besides is there a way to obtain outrun 2006 key on steam?

Yes and no, respectively. You can try looking for giftable copies of Outrun on trading sites like TF2 Outpost and Steam Trades, but expect to pay through the nose.

Camjo-Z

Alright, I was waiting for both a Mac version and a sale for Monaco! Going in almost blind having only seen a cool looking trailer, so hopefully it's good.

Brawl96

Is anyone finding The Stanley Parable, windows only, a little annoying. I already played through it when it was a mod on mac, I don't understand this wait time.

JaseC

Is anyone finding The Stanley Parable, windows only, a little annoying. I already played through it when it was a mod on mac, I don't understand this wait time.

The new release is a remake and the developer is a two-man team, so the Mac version trailing behind is understandable.

Freezard

Great to see another halloween event for KF :) Tripwire Interactive never disappoints, although they do charge big money for their non-free DLC. It's annoying to never get that 100% achievements though since there's always new coming lol, I'm currently missing three-four, one that was only obtainable during an event.

EDIT: 929 hours played, doubt I'll ever reach 1000 though since I'm only playing the game during the events nowadays, not all day and night like I used to. It's just not the same game anymore with all the new stuff unfortunately.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Usually indie games seem to do significantly better on PC than on Xbox.

It's also worth noting that Blocks that Matter was not released on XBLA, it was release on Xbox Live Indies which basically does not exist anymore, so any cross-game comparison that gets multiple platforms involved is going to be weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom