• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

Is the DLC upgrade option for Deus Ex going to go up in 8 hours? Trying to finish my current playthrough.

Is it going to be a completely different title similar to Batman AC GOTY or what?

I think they will just give current owners a permanent discount on the new title, it's probably not going to be a traditional upgrade. So yeah, like batman you'll need to download the new version separately.

Dr Dogg

Universal ammo + crafting system to make more ammo + a shit load more resources then you could ever need + a rocket launcher + a chip that makes you immune to your own rocket damage + horror game = 23.

And 23 is not the number you want for a horror game.

Hahaha I think by the time Visceral got to 3 the use of "horror" was lose at best. I mean the fan-fare that kicked off when any enemy showed up on screen was just farcical. Was more like that battle theme between Kirk and Spock.

oipic

Is the DLC upgrade option for Deus Ex going to go up in 8 hours?.

Three days, 8 hours for those of us (I think?) outside of the US? Odd. Has any decent explanation been provided for this regional wackiness?

Still, gives me time to finish my BioShock 2 play-through before restarting DE:HR (which I never got around to finishing the first time around). Although I would've liked to squeeze a Batman:AA replay in there somewhere. It's a great time to be a PC gamer.

Turfster

Thanks guys! One last question, have they mentioned where the save used will be importable or will I have to start completely over?

Chances are slim you'll be able to import the saves, since missing link will be merged into the main game, and some of the maps will be reworked.

Does this thread double as a Steam game recommendation thread? And if not, could somebody direct me to said thread? I just got a new desktop and a nice wad of cash to blow on Steam games (preferable indies) and I'd greatly appreciate suggestions.

Ardvent

Does this thread double as a Steam game recommendation thread? And if not, could somebody direct me to said thread? I just got a new desktop and a nice wad of cash to blow on Steam games (preferable indies) and I'd greatly appreciate suggestions.

Well lets start big, what game mechanics are you looking for?

Crayons

Banned

Monaco is a great game and it's the Daily Deal today. It's an indie.

Chances are slim you'll be able to import the saves, since missing link will be merged into the main game, and some of the maps will be reworked.

Ah, shame. Suppose I might as well not finish this playthough. Was going to bring it into new game plus that they were talking about.

Redownloaded the ENB for the game and that Boris guy actually sounds like a bit of a dick. Although I'll take some of that and the grammatical issues as a second language thing.

Deus Ex Human Revolution is third game, it was developed by another team, but they tried to make game closer to first Deus Ex. I haven't played it much, because all time was spend for modding and fixing bugs in the game. From several levels which i saw, game have similar things to Deus Ex 1, music also, but visual quality and performance are awful. 3d models mostly very bad, they are not stylish (also environment is empty if compare to modern games, some textures are missing). Some of them looks very good, like from other game imported by modders, it's funny. May be sometime i'll play it, don't care much about graphic quality of such game if it's Deus Ex, but developers tried to foolish gamers with low tech quality, can't sit silently in this situation.
Gamers are not objective as most of humans. Like chickens percept first creature as their mum, they decided that game should be yellow as on first screenshots. I hate all modern color filters, because they can be applied only for some rare cases, but not always the same. It's not just the matter of taste, when human eye see darkened image with degraded colors, "quality looks better" as less errors visible actually. Replace heads of characters in game with some zombie and they will look much more real, just because you never saw zombie. Well, color filter removed by me, added few effects and raytraced reflections (the only version which use it). Tried to implement self shadowing, but amount of problems with game lights completely destroy positive changes (game lights are applied through the walls).

Well lets start big, what game mechanics are you looking for?

Phew, that's quite the question. I don't have a certain mechanic in mind, but games like The Stanley Parable and Thirty Flights of Loving appeal to me. I guess I'm looking for indie games I generally wouldn't find on consoles.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC redeemed.

I knew it!

(The game will be back, but still, better safe than sorry.)

...is a bit more accurate.
JaseC owns the PC Gamer issues on Steam as well, so really the argument becomes "it is most certainly a thing which can be acquired and added to your library list for an amount of money on Steam!"
hey JaseC played it so it must be Assassin's Creed

tumblr_mtzjeagABI1rthb3xo2_250.gif

It's kinda neat that once you've beaten the main campaign in Arkham City you can continue playing as Batman to sweep up the remaining openworld activities you did not complete or you can switch to Catwoman and play through her story. Also I can now roam Arkham City as The Dark Night Returns Batman, which is kind of badass.

Also, pre-loading Arkham Origins.

You can now take screenshots with Uplay. Just press F12... you know, like Steam. So everytime you take a picture with Steam, you now do it twice!

In other news, I finally made a friend in Uplay \o/

The sales are over but this Summer thread lists every worthwhile indie up until August:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621131

For more recent recommendations, check out Toma's October thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688767
He also has monthly indie threads going back till March

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Universal ammo + crafting system to make more ammo + a shit load more resources then you could ever need + a rocket launcher + a chip that makes you immune to your own rocket damage + horror game = 23.

And 23 is not the number you want for a horror game.

This is almost as bizarre a complaint as when Salsa was upset that he found he could break every puzzle in Vessel and stopped playing the game because he couldn't resist choosing to break the puzzles every time he encountered one.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Left over keys and stuff!

Thanks for War of The Roses :).

On a another modbot 3 scares me

image.php

I mean look at him. He'll be the one to lead the robot onslaught against humanity with no hesitation. Then after that he'll even turn on his fellow machines. Nothing will stop his thirst for destruction.

This is almost as bizarre a complaint as when Salsa was upset that he found he could break every puzzle in Vessel and stopped playing the game because he couldn't resist choosing to break the puzzles every time he encountered one.

There is a big difference between a puzzle game, which is there for the puzzles and a horror game that is there for the horror and atmosphere.

You can throw a bunch of mechanics together and get a puzzle, you can't do the same thing for atmosphere. Once you leave it up to the player to suspend disbelief or add their own restrictions to keep it interesting you have already lost it.

Hence the complaint is officially ruled completely valid.

Mleugie

Neo Member
I don't know if this is a present or punishment.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Takedown: Red Sabre -- MB-3971262D59B9D5A3 - Taken by Madrugador

Freezard

Darksiders is so friggin good, it's honestly one of the best games I've played in a long time. It's like a perfect blend of different genres and reminds me of God of War/Zelda/Diablo. I did not expect this. I'm normally not a fan of third person action games like GoW but they nailed it with the Gothic setting, the story is almost a rip off of the Diablo games with angels and demons and I love it. The voice acting is totally badass and the graphics are pretty damn impressive for a three year old game.

I just left the desert now, not the strongest part of the game I feel like. It was kinda dry (hrhr) and oddly enough I didn't enter any dungeon. The game could definitely do with some more exploration, you don't really get rewarded for exploring every inch of the map except for the beautiful scenery, especially the underwater parts are void from anything exciting. The music doesn't really stand out either and the game is too easy after you finish the first dungeon, before that you could die from one hit from the big guys on Apocalypse difficulty but now it's kind of a breeze since you get full life if you die and there are many health chests as well.

WB has been faking us out the entire time and we're actually getting a Vita/3DS port.

Game is going to be like two GB+ on the Vita. Probably still quite significant on the 3DS. Very few games are that small on the handhelds.

Luckily my friend is buying Origins so I can play it through family share and down the line I'll buy it during a sale. Luckily with that free money I can get the Vita game.

Question: Currently achievements you get through family shared games don't allow you to compare achievements against the world (It says you don't own the game) Is that intentional or something Valve might fix? It still registers you as having the achievements so it seems a silly limitation.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
any of my steambros plan on getting cod ghosts? i cant decide between the pc or ps4 version

Well COD is basically a console game now so I'm either getting it on 360,PS3, or PS4.

Current-gen and next-gen console versions aren't gonna be that much different tbh.

Well COD is basically a console game now so I'm either getting it on 360,PS3, or PS4.

Current-gen and next-gen console versions aren't gonna be that much different tbh.

Blops 2 looks significantly better on the PC in spots, I imagine Ghosts will do the same. Don't see why you would get it on consoles though. A lot of work was put into the PC version of Blops 2 and even more seems to be going into Ghosts. Hell, Blops 2 on PC added lean back!

zychi

Banned

I enjoyed it on 360, and have them all on PC right now. My main thing with COD was playing with people I know/group of interent friends. But I sold my 360 a few months back, and most of my irl friends wont be picking up a ps4 for awhile, thus buying it for 360 again.

I'm torn because I'm getting BF4 for PC for sure, so I can't decide which way to go with COD

Darksiders is so friggin good, it's honestly one of the best games I've played in a long time. It's like a perfect blend of different genres and reminds me of God of War/Zelda/Diablo. I did not expect this. I'm normally not a fan of third person action games like GoW but they nailed it with the Gothic setting, the story is almost a rip off of the Diablo games with angels and demons and I love it. The voice acting is totally badass and the graphics are pretty damn impressive for a three year old game.

I just left the desert now, not the strongest part of the game I feel like. It was kinda dry (hrhr) and oddly enough I didn't enter any dungeon. The game could definitely do with some more exploration, you don't really get rewarded for exploring every inch of the map except for the beautiful scenery, especially the underwater parts are void from anything exciting. The music doesn't really stand out either and the game is too easy after you finish the first dungeon, before that you could die from one hit from the big guys on Apocalypse difficulty but now it's kind of a breeze since you get full life if you die and there are many health chests as well.

Yeah, I feel like the game is really under-rated/overlooked. The only part of that game I hated was toward the end and it involves some Valve-ish inspirations. Check out Darksiders 2 when you get a chance as well. It's not quite as solid as the first (imo), but it's still beautiful and a lot of fun. Plus the soundtrack is incredible as well.

Anustart

My fellow Steam-GAF members, what's the best game I can score right now for 2.99 or less? Minus Super Hexagon as I already own that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom