• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
been 2 months, ive had 6 games eligible for booster pack and i still havent ever got one ? how shit is the chance of getting one honestly

Tak3n

Banned
jut in case you guys are not frequenting the Batman Origins thread

Nvidia GeForce 331.58 WHQL Released – Game Ready Driver for Batman: Arkham Origins

The_Monk

Just wanted to thank again to fellow GAFfer KarmaCow for the kind giveaway even if I didn't get nothing at all.

It's amazing to see kindness in the Community growing every day and getting filled with amazing members. It sure gives you a warm feeling in your heart and makes me very proud to be part of it.

Category G

Neo Member
Hopefully got this all right, if it doesn't work I can just gift the game via Steam.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Blocks That Matter -- MB-F32C6EB80BDC88EF - Taken by Kirosia

Oh my lord, Dead Space is freaking me the hell out!

I just started it this evening and am taking a break for the sake of my nerves. I hate to think what delights await me when I really get into the game *wibble*.

Woops, my bad.. i have the bad habit of skipping pages when theres too many since my last visit >.>

Understandable :). Hope you didn't think I was being snarky, I wasn't intending to be so apologises if it came off like that. I was merely intending to give you a heads up that scanning the last few pages wouldn't be a wasted effort. Hope you found what you were looking for :).

EDIT - well said Monk :). As ever you are teh awesome. As is karma cow for such a fine giveaway.

The_Monk

I just started it this evening and am taking a break for the sake of my nerves. I hate to think what delights await me when I really get into the game *wibble*.

In order to make the game longer and to not make me bored of playing it I played one chapter a day, not too long ago. Are you playing with Keyboard or with the controller fellow GAFfer? I played with the 360 Controller 99% of the time minus specific area I was having aiming issues. It's a good game and it's amazing how it can run on weak/poor Hardware.

Just take your time and have fun. I finished it last month despite having finished Dead Space 2 in quite some time.

Reckoner

Dr Dogg

Yep, game is full of cheap cat scares. You just know that the dead necromorph on the floor is going to spring up the moment you get near but it still scared the bejesus out of me. Even worse when played in the dark with headphones on with Dolby Headphone enabled. I was a jittery, nervous wreck for about a week. Shame 3 took such a nose dive in terms of atmosphere.

So.. I'm planning a big giveaway before end of this year. Here's a little warmup until that day comes :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Beep -- MB-3C18FA5906AE8937 - Taken by Exuro. 6 entrants total.
The 39 Steps -- MB-2597943150CC787A - Taken by gabrielt16. 10 entrants total.

t1382389832z1.png

MRORANGE

Yep, game is full of cheap cat scares. You just know that the dead necromorph on the floor is going to spring up the moment you get near but it still scared the bejesus out of me. Even worse when played in the dark with headphones on with Dolby Headphone enabled. I was a jittery, nervous wreck for about a week. Shame 3 took such a nose dive in terms of atmosphere.

Oh a necromorphy lying in the hallway...

Better shoot it and see if it's a ambush...

....yup.

In order to make the game longer and to not make me bored of playing it I played one chapter a day, not too long ago. Are you playing with Keyboard or with the controller fellow GAFfer? I played with the 360 Controller 99% of the time minus specific area I was having aiming issues. It's a good game and it's amazing how it can run on weak/poor Hardware.

Just take your time and have fun. I finished it last month despite having finished Dead Space 2 in quite some time.

Thanks :). I'm playing on a controller given that the game was designed for that I believe. I might switch to kb&m after I've got used to the game mechanics though as the sluggishness in aiming is getting on my tits. I have mouse acceleration set to max in the settings and it just feels so slow :/. That's after it's decided to move given the dead zone. I might turn out to be a convert to kb&m after all :).

Heh, we are cut from the same cloth I fear! I get very affected by atmosphere and cheap tricks even though I understand intellectually what the game or movie is doing. Oh well, better that than being de-sensitised to it I guess :).

Right, I'm off to put the kettle on and then I'm back to it!

Thank you both for the moral support! *wibble*

EDIT:

....yup.

...And stomp him after one shot just to be a little bit extra sure too. Then run to the door and don't look back.

lol I've already been doing that. In fact I've found myself stomping them several times even when I know they're no longer a threat to teach them a lesson for scaring the living crap out of me! :D

Is there a way to save custom resolutions so that whenever I upgrade my Nvidia drivers I can easily import them back? Annoying to retype all of that information every few weeks(and sometimes less).

The_Monk

Thanks :). I'm playing on a controller given that the game was designed for that I believe. I might switch to kb&m after I've got used to the game mechanics though as the sluggishness in aiming is getting on my tits. I have mouse acceleration set to max in the settings and it just feels so slow :/. That's after it's decided to move given the dead zone. I might turn out to be a convert to kb&m after all :).

Nice, let me know you well you are adapting to it. The section I had to put down the 360 Controller and just shoot with the mouse was for something that did not involved "enemies" but it could kill you. I won't give spoilers since I want you to take your time and enjoy the game as you keep progressing on it.

Understandable :). Hope you didn't think I was being snarky, I wasn't intending to be so apologises if it came off like that. I was merely intending to give you a heads up that scanning the last few pages wouldn't be a wasted effort. Hope you found what you were looking for :).

EDIT - well said Monk :). As ever you are teh awesome. As is karma cow for such a fine giveaway.
No offence taken hehe, yea, seems I'll wait on it for now.

Also Dead Space is awesome, so enjoy!

Grief.exe

Um, I bought Arkham Origins on GreenManGaming using the 25% off coupon, but my email doesn't have any sort of activation key, at least not that I can see. Anyone else have this problem? Am I missing something?

Read the email. Probably says you won't get a key until just before release.

Thanks for the game Camel Master!!

Monaco is a great game with excellent music. If you want to maximize fun play with 4 people. Playing alone can get hard.

Dr Dogg

....yup.

And every time I wised up to that one would jump out of their monster closets right behind me. Still it's no Amnesia in terms of "shitting you up" factor.

Heh, we are cut from the same cloth I fear! I get very affected by atmosphere and cheap tricks even though I understand intellectually what the game or movie is doing. Oh well, better that than being de-sensitised to it I guess :).

I think deep down we all like to be scared. I think there's many couples young and old that can testify that a horror flick or 2 has encouraged a blossoming relationship.

Omega

Banned
anyone play Chivalry?

I've been rank 7 for like 6 days. It keeps telling me I rank up, but the next time I log on I go back to rank 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom