• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Do I remember wrong or it happened at least once before that they added a second batch of games to a Humble Bundle?
(File under: totally unimpressed by additions)

Do I remember wrong or it happened at least once before that they added a second batch of games to a Humble Bundle?
(File under: totally unimpressed by additions)

Only with the THQ bundle, from what I remember. There's not much chance they'll do the same with this one.

Kammie

Any recommendations on the Pinball FX tables? I have the first Marvel pack on 3DS and enjoyed it, so I'm wondering what else is good?
The Fantastic Four table is pretty fun.

From the demo, I liked the new Ms. Splosion one. I'm gonna test a few now to see what to get.

If anyone hasn't tried this game yet, give it a shot! It has great production, feels nice, and at this price, the tables are a good deal.

Turfster

Weird. So where do the others redeem from? Are they DRM free?

Didn't grab it myself, but Raiden and Criminal minds are completely DRM free, Dungeonland is a steam key and the other two are publisher license keys or something. This whole setup seems... convoluted and not very well thought out, the more I learn about it.

nexen

Didn't grab it myself, but Raiden and Criminal minds are completely DRM free, Dungeonland is a steam key and the other two are publisher license keys or something. This whole setup seems... convoluted and not very well thought out, the more I learn about it.

Raiden Legacy being DRM free is good enough for me. Thanks!

edit: "This item is currently being processed and will be added to your locker when completed, this could take up to an hour." heh.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just pushed a new version of Enhanced Steam for Chrome (4.7) to Google and it should be updating automatically within the next hour. Here is the changelog:

• Adds new sorting option to wishlist that lets you sort by discount percentage
  • Adds ability to hide Early Access games from the New Releases list on homepage
  • Adds new tag: "friends own" which tags each game with the number of your friends that own it
  • Adds "Games" link to header under your user name
  • Adds "Binder View" to badge progress page
  • Adds "(Compare)" link to activity page for achievements your friends unlock on games you own
  • Adds count of the number of times a game has been bundled in the price history section
  • Significantly increased processing time on the community activity page and search results page
As always, let me know if you have any questions or run into any bugs!

MRORANGE

I just pushed a new version of Enhanced Steam for Chrome (4.7) to Google and it should be updating automatically within the next hour. Here is the changelog:

• [*]Adds new sorting option to wishlist that lets you sort by discount percentage
  • Adds ability to hide Early Access games from the New Releases list on homepage
  • Adds new tag: "friends own" which tags each game with the number of your friends that own it
  • Adds "(Compare)" link to activity page for achievements your friends unlock on games you own
  • Adds count of the number of times a game has been bundled in the price history section
  • Significantly increased processing time on the community activity page and search results page

nice :)

You know what to do:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-45F13B5B7C6F1D8D - Taken by intheinbetween
Limbo -- MB-D147ED0093B03458 - Taken by trailmix16 - Taken by OverHeat

Alien8

Ok... let's try how Modbot works.

ModBot said:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- MB-2396B8E434CC38E6 - Taken by Firehead
Awesomenauts -- MB-01C6A8320B12593B - Taken by MajorMelchett
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-A68D8934B2CB9BBA - Taken by MechaGodzilla
The Showdown Effect -- MB-2F8A63E447025B87 - Taken by arts&crafts
Europa Universalis 3 Complete -- MB-C4C33D17AB9AC7FA - Taken by LiquidSolid

derExperte

Any recommendations on the Pinball FX tables? I have the first Marvel pack on 3DS and enjoyed it, so I'm wondering what else is good?

Epic Quest, Excalibur, Earth Defense, Fantastic Four and Star Wars pack are a solid starting point. Zen Classics is good too excluding V12. I also like Mars (the W8 store version has that one for free while Sorcerer’s Lair is included on Steam) and Paranormal.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also -

I've just uploaded Enhanced Steam for Firefox version 4.1 to Mozilla for review. The review process typically takes 3-4 days, sometimes longer.

If you'd like to try the new features now you can manually install this version by visiting this link:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/versions/

Version 4.1 adds about 20 new features that were previously only available in Google Chrome. There are still a few features that are missing - but this is as close as the Firefox version has ever been to Chrome development.

As always, let me know if you run into any issues or encounter any bugs.

Also -

I've just uploaded Enhanced Steam for Firefox version 4.1 to Mozilla for review. The review process typically takes 3-4 days, sometimes longer.

If you'd like to try the new features now you can manually install this version by visiting this link:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/versions/

Version 4.1 adds about 20 new features that were previously only available in Google Chrome. There are still a few features that are missing - but this is as close as the Firefox version has ever been to Chrome development.

As always, let me know if you run into any issues or encounter any bugs.

*high five*
Thanks for all the work you put into this!

AsylumX

• Adds new sorting option to wishlist that lets you sort by discount percentage

Nice. Great update!!!

Scipius

What are the remaining features that are not included in the Firefox version that the Chrome version has? Is there anything that simply isn't possible in Firefox?

fhqwhgads
ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-CADCEA5D75FB853D - Taken by Kuroyume
Limbo -- MB-825E9A4BE3039BB0 - Taken by creamsugar

r3n4ud

Crap. Bought Foul play on Humble Store yesterday but haven't received Steam key yet :/

Anyone else waiting on them too?

More limbo. I think unclaimed, but don't shoot me if not.

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

header_292x136.jpg

Limbo -- MB-D147ED0093B03458

jshackles

What are the remaining features that are not included in the Firefox version that the Chrome version has? Is there anything that simply isn't possible in Firefox?

Firefox 24 (thankfully) added cross-domain scripting support so I've been slowly adding Chrome-only features that utilize it since version 24 was in alpha. With this new feature, everything that's possible in Chrome should be possible in Firefox. Version 24 is in beta now but will hopefully replace FF23 soon as the primary build. If you want the most out of Enhanced Steam for Firefox, you should download the Firefox beta.

There are really only three major things that Chrome has that Firefox doesn't: a proper "Options" page, support for Enhanced Steam "tags", and support for the Enhanced Steam "Library" feature.

Tags and the Library can be added in, but without a proper options page configuring these will be difficult to the end user. I'm using Firefox's "Simple-Prefs" panel right now, but will likely have to switch to something more robust in the future.

Kammie

The Fantastic Four table is pretty fun.

From the demo, I liked the new Ms. Splosion one. I'm gonna test a few now to see what to get.

If anyone hasn't tried this game yet, give it a shot! It has great production, feels nice, and at this price, the tables are a good deal.
Man, so much for self-control. I just bought all the licensed tables, lol.

Not a Star Wars fan, but man, the Episode 5 table looks amazing. Just had to get it.

Whenever the other tables go on sale in the future, I'll try some of the non-licensed stuff. Great game.

If have to ask then probably not...Price wise? Yes if you to add to your backlog, but Magicka is best played with very close friends.

hmm, I already have the main game from a bundle was debating whwther or not to pick up the DLCs via another bundle. i kind of wanted to play the single player..but if its mainly fun on mp...

Cru

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-0137C5BBF9B84F08 - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.

t1379542633z1.png

Scipius

Firefox 24 (thankfully) added cross-domain scripting support so I've been slowly adding Chrome-only features that utilize it since version 24 was in alpha. With this new feature, everything that's possible in Chrome should be possible in Firefox. Version 24 is in beta now but will hopefully replace FF23 soon as the primary build. If you want the most out of Enhanced Steam for Firefox, you should download the Firefox beta.

Thanks for the details. Coincidentally, FF asked to update to v24 shortly after I installed ES4.1 so it's being pushed out now.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
hmm, I already have the main game from a bundle was debating whwther or not to pick up the DLCs via another bundle. i kind of wanted to play the single player..but if its mainly fun on mp...

I played only solo through Magicka and had a great time. Quite a bit of the DLC is MP focused but some of it will create more variety in the SP play as well. If I didn't have all off the DLC already, at this price I would pick it up. YMMV. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom