• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

every so often when i swap to the account to troubleshoot issues, i take a look at some of the pm titles--it gets WAY creepier than those :p

What if you are really tired and you log in as MoBbot then forget to log out then wake up and act as Stump while in ModBot and, somehow, stump is now ModBot because he acknowledged Stump is no longer Stump but ModBot instead fellow GAFfer?

How can we know who's who?
:(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
every so often when i swap to the account to troubleshoot issues, i take a look at some of the pm titles--it gets WAY creepier than those :p
I'd love to see a list of the weirdest PMs ModBot got. Without usernames, of course.

I don't know about your PC, but I played Okami with my aforementioned crappy MBP with a 256MB GPU, and it was fine except from some weird slowness mainly during cutscenes.

Main problem actually was that the emulator didn't want to accept none of my TWO original copies of Okami. :D
This is good to hear! Looking at Amazon, the game is sold for $21. That still doesn't take into account the shipping fees, so it'll have to wait if I ever decide to do it.

Li Kao

Ironclad Tactics seems interesting, a mix of tactic and card game in real time, with a steampunk decorum, not bad. Eagerly awaiting early buyers feedback here.

Oh and thank you anonymous benefactor who is not so anonymous. Its is incredibly kind of you and I must say that your game selection is great.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Because of the PM limit, ModBot's PM inbox gets annihilated every few hours so I unfortunately can't oblige.
Oh don't worry then, I'll just make up my own list in my head.

...You guys are really sick, you know? How can you ask poor ModBy to do that with that thing?

The filthiness of that list would probably get GAF's Ads account banned.
I agree. After having to read that, I can't blame him if he wants to destroy humanity to save us all from polluting all of GAF's inboxes.

Copons

This is good to hear! Looking at Amazon, the game is sold for $21. That still doesn't take into account the shipping fees, so it'll have to wait if I ever decide to do it.

But anyway, don't take my word for granted, as 1) I didn't try MGS3 and even if they say it's playable (Subsistance is the same, but tested with other specs), I think it's heavier than Okami; 2) maybe I'm too used to sloppy performances, so what is fine for me may not be fine for you.

It's just that I think 21$ to buy a game it could or it couldn't work for you, when you already have a working copy (even if it's a bad port), it's a bit too much. :)

KPJZKC

Hack Slash Loot (really late on this, I know, but for the sake of the bundle it's in) is actually pretty fun. Definitely worth the $2. First impression is a bit hit and miss, felt like little more than a flash game, but once you start seeing items that do differ from each other, artifacts/etc, it really picks up. But then you die and get to start all over again :p

Grief.exe

Estarland.com is better for those classic used games then Amazon.

Not only are they cheaper, but they often have B2G1 sales, and let you know if the item is complete.

Last I checked, MGS2/3 was around $5 each.

tuseday

Neo Member
Hack Slash Loot (really late on this, I know, but for the sake of the bundle it's in) is actually pretty fun. Definitely worth the $2. First impression is a bit hit and miss, felt like little more than a flash game, but once you start seeing items that do differ from each other, artifacts/etc, it really picks up. But then you die and get to start all over again :p

What bundle?

Narag

So is Pinball FX2 just a base free download and you buy the tables you want? Was this the same company that was doing the kickstarter Twilight Zone table or was that another?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh well, guess I'll just wait for a Steam release of the Legacy Collection.

somebody please revive me when it happens

Grief.exe

Is Batman AA GOTY in the same situation, right fellow GAFfer? I see the Achievements, but can I start earning them?

Yes the updates for the Arkham games and BioShock 2 are currently in a holding position.

Like starting now? :D

Starting a while ago, but it continues to build.

Oh well, guess I'll just wait for a Steam release of the Legacy Collection.

somebody please revive me when it happens

This better happen.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
What bundle?
Bundle in a Box.

I wasn't impressed with what little I played and found the interface very cumbersome, but if you're dying to burn $2 I guess you could do worse. I've been watching a few of the other titles out of the corner of my eye (specifically Inaria, and to a lesser extent Dungeon Fray) so I was thinking of picking the bundle up myself.

EDIT: OH MY, I have a tag now! That's amusing as hell...and thank you! :D

KPJZKC

Bundle in a Box.

I wasn't impressed with what little I played and found the interface very cumbersome, but if you're dying to burn $2 I guess you could do worse. I've been watching a few of the other titles out of the corner of my eye (specifically Inaria, and to a lesser extent Dungeon Fray) so I was thinking of picking the bundle up myself.

EDIT: OH MY, I have a tag now! That's amusing as hell :D

I disliked the interface for being so simple at the start, but once you get a hang of the icons and the equipment previews it starts to flow a lot better. I've been playing it for about 2 hours though, but then I have a weakness for roguelikes (even roguelitelitelites).

derExperte

So is Pinball FX2 just a base free download and you buy the tables you want? Was this the same company that was doing the kickstarter Twilight Zone table or was that another?

No, that's Pinball Arcade, coming to Steam who knows when. You get one free (very good) table with FX2, the rest must be bought but can be played for a few minutes as a demo.

Thanks for Doc Clock. Not a title I could ever justify paying for, but always wanted to get for reasons my subconscious won't tell me.
You're welcome, I got it in a developer giveaway from something I entered a while ago and never got around to using it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So I know there's like a dozen GFWL games that use it for server authentication that need to either be converted to steamworks or the games will be bricked when the service goes down, and the big ones are the Batman Arkham games (converted to steam works) and Dark Souls. What are the others?

GaimeGuy

Bundle in a Box.

All of these games look pretty bad at a glance, and I've never heard of any of them. Sound about right?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So I know there's like a dozen GFWL games that use it for server authentication that need to either be converted to steamworks or the games will be bricked when the service goes down, and the big ones are the Batman Arkham games (converted to steam works) and Dark Souls. What are the others?

The following games use GFWL and are available on Steam:
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon – Enhanced Edition
Age of Empires
Blacklight: Tango Down
Bulletstorm
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
DiRT 2
Dirt 3
F1 2010
F1 2011
Fable III
Fallout 3
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
FUEL
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Iron Brigade
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Lost Planet 2
Microsoft Flight
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Ms. Splosion Man
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Section 8
Section 8: Prejudice
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Republic Heroes
Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter X Tekken
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Virtua Tennis 4

I am not aware of which of those games requires GFWL for activation, which require profile sign-ins to save, etc. Some like Fallout 3 nominally use GFWL but are fully playable without. Some or all may have been cracked.

GaimeGuy

Age of Empires
Bulletstorm
Dead Rising 2
DiRT 2
Dirt 3
F1 2010
F1 2011
Fable III
Fallout 3
FUEL
Grand Theft Auto IV
Iron Brigade
Lost Planet 2
Microsoft Flight
Ms. Splosion Man
Resident Evil 5
Section 8
Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter X Tekken
Virtua Tennis 4

I am not aware of which of those games requires GFWL for activation, which require profile sign-ins to save, etc. Some like Fallout 3 nominally use GFWL but are fully playable without. Some or all may have been cracked.

Only own a few of those so I shouldn't be too affected regardless. Dark Souls is the big one. Come on, From!

MRORANGE

Age of Empires Online
GTA IV
F1 2011/2010
DiRT 3 and 2?
Resident Evil 5
BlazeBlue Calamity Trigger
Gears of War
FUEL
Dark Souls

A lot of others as well....

Grief.exe

Check this thread for the Arkham games and BioShock 2 http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=619976&page=1

Dark Souls has been receiving updates, but nothing to confirm.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet dev confirmed the removal.

There is evidence for Halo 2 releasing on Steam.

Section 8 probably dead due to developer closure.

The next version of Street Fighter 4 to be Steamworks, upgrade paths offered for those who have the GFWL versions.

Bullet storm being discussed, hopefully Gears of War as well.

That is about all I know.

KPJZKC

All of these games look pretty bad at a glance, and I've never heard of any of them. Sound about right?

A handful of them look like they might be interesting, but I can only speak for Hack Slash Loot so far. I guess if you don't like the interface styles (aged :p) they may not be for you.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Should the first two Dawn of War II games be on that list too?

I had them in a ???? pile because no one was ever satisfactorily able to explain what the fuck the DRM situation is with those.

Age of Empires Online
GTA IV
F1 2011/2010
DiRT 3 and 2?
Resident Evil 5
BlazeBlue Calamity Trigger
Gears of War
FUEL
Dark Souls

A lot of others as well....

BlazBlue CT is available without GFWL (although obviously the existing GFWL copies use GFWL)

princegumby

Neo Member

Hm, I was wondering about that game. I might pick it up.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just tried a few Pinball FX2 tables, and I already want to buy some. Is there any way to hide the ones you don't own, or will they always appear on the main menu with that ugly padlock?

Bundle in a Box.

Congrats on the tag! But I think it should say "she" instead :p

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Age of Empires
Bulletstorm
Dead Rising 2
DiRT 2
Dirt 3
F1 2010
F1 2011
Fable III
Fallout 3
FUEL
Grand Theft Auto IV
Iron Brigade
Lost Planet 2
Microsoft Flight
Ms. Splosion Man
Resident Evil 5
Section 8
Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter X Tekken
Virtua Tennis 4

Those are too many bolded titles for me :|

louiedog

So I just sent Mozilla Enhanced Steam for Firefox 4.1.1 which fixed a rather embarrassing bug that a fellow GAFer sent notice of.

If you installed 4.1 previously you may want to update to 4.1.1.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/versions/

Or you can wait until Mozilla certifies it, hopefully just a few days.

With that out of the way you'll hopefully have time to bring it over to Lynx and I can finally see what all of the fuss is about.

GaimeGuy

has anyone else been having issues with HL:Source ever since they released the beta last week?

My game got locked in an updating state on the library screen, so I deleted the game from my hard drive, but sinceI did that, I can't install the game anymore when I try to. I just get an error message saying "No steam content servers are currently configured to deliver content for this game."

KPJZKC

Hm, I was wondering about that game. I might pick it up.

Just to throw in the last bit of information I just discovered, I thought the game had like only 3 playable characters, but according to RPS there are 29 unlockable characters through completing quests/certain goals. My only concern is that the quests are a little too short, but I have only completed one so far.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
has anyone else been having issues with HL:Source ever since they released the beta last week?

My game got locked in an updating state on the library screen, so I deleted the game from my hard drive, but sinceI did that, I can't install the game anymore when I try to. I just get an error message saying "No steam content servers are currently configured to deliver content for this game."
Yup, posted about that a few days ago. Had the exact same problem, both eternal update (which never downloaded anything) and lack of content servers after uninstalling it.

No idea what it could be, or how to solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom