• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just bought Humble Indie Bundle 9 and went in to give away the keys for FEZ, FTL and Bastion because I've already got them. But does this mean I can't?

"Steam will not provide extra giftable copies of games you already own."

jediyoshi

So I just bought Humble Indie Bundle 9 and went in to give away the keys for FEZ, FTL and Bastion because I've already got them. But does this mean I can't?

You don't redeem them yourself anymore, you just give away the keys from the page.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

No. It means that if you redeem the key yourself it will just get swallowed up rather than giving you a second copy of the game on your account.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yup, posted about that a few days ago. Had the exact same problem, both eternal update (which never downloaded anything) and lack of content servers after uninstalling it.

No idea what it could be, or how to solve it.
I had a similar issue with another game a year or two back and I think I solved it by deleting some of those weird hashed files in a folder named after the game's PID that was buried somewhere in my steam directory.

Retne

I wonder if someone has put together a comprehensive sourced list of GFWL titles that are going to be fixed by the developers. That would be pretty useful since I own a few and would like to know if I need to start plowing through them since I just wrapped up SR4.

Speaking of which holy shit is SR4 great fun. I loved the homage at the end. Like Brad it's also one of my favorite movies from my childhood and it made me laugh and grin with affection at the same time. I'm glad I was convinced to pick the game up. I look forward to wrapping up the game again with a friend.

All the powers really made the game. Not having to futz about with driving was great. I will say when they took the powers away on occasion it made me miss them greatly. I was sad there wasn't an automatic reload unlock like in the last game. I loved being able to just hold the trigger down and "straight dump on fools" as Ryan put it many moons ago. I wish it had been included along with a way to just get rid of the recharge time on powers.

Oh well, it was still a fantastic experience.

Overdoziz

Banned
Finally completed Sniper Elite V2 a couple of days ago. Not exactly the best game ever, but it was decent enough. Being able to shoot through walls made the game quite easy even on the hardest difficulty, haha.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I wonder if someone has put together a comprehensive sourced list of GFWL titles that are going to be fixed by the developers. That would be pretty useful since I own a few and would like to know if I need to start plowing through them since I just wrapped up SR4.

You'll see more when the date gets closer, but for now only ITSP is 100% confirmed.

Stitch

Gold Member
Enjoy

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-8855926F53BC1BF4 - Taken by LiquidSolid
Rocketbirds Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-1615666623DCCAB4 - Taken by JBourne
LIMBO -- MB-CC9425C073E683EB - Taken by FauX

New Vegas is cheap again! My favorite game of the generation.

$3.99 at GMG

Im sure there is a working 20% off coupon aswell, making it around $3.25

As was pointed out, this looks to be only the standard edition without the multiple (awesome) DLC's you are probably better waiting for the ultimate in the next Steam Sale.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

Thanks Stitch! I've been tempted to get the Vita version of Rocketbirds a few times. If I end up liking it, I'll probably grab it there as well.

I've taken 2 keys today, Limbo and Rocketbirds. I need to do a giveaway of something.

Grief.exe

This is everything we know so far.

Check this thread for the Arkham games and BioShock 2 http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=619976&page=1

Dark Souls has been receiving updates, but nothing to confirm.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet dev confirmed the removal.

There is evidence for Halo 2 releasing on Steam.

Section 8 probably dead due to developer closure.

The next version of Street Fighter 4 to be Steamworks, upgrade paths offered for those who have the GFWL versions.

Bullet storm being discussed, hopefully Gears of War as well.

That is about all I know.

Thank you kindly.

Thanks Stitch! I've been tempted to get the Vita version of Rocketbirds a few times. If I end up liking it, I'll probably grab it there as well.

I've taken 2 keys today, Limbo and Rocketbirds. I need to do a giveaway of something.

I just save up all my spare bundle keys in a text file. Some day I'll get around to doing a giveaway but I'm not sure how many people are interested in my lists of Desura and Origin keys.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
All of these games look pretty bad at a glance, and I've never heard of any of them. Sound about right?
I can't deny it. Haven't tried any of them.

I just like tile-and-turn-based movement/combat, and Dungeon Fray very strongly reminds me of the original Desktop Dungeons.

Congrats on the tag! But I think it should say "she" instead :p
Shh! With you blabbing it all over the place, how am I supposed to screw with people?! :p
...Nah, actually over dinner I realized that when I venture into threads about women's issues, people refusing to believe me and making dumb accusations because of my tag might have tested my patience so I was gonna PM somebody about it. Thank you, whomever changed that.

I just save up all my spare bundle keys in a text file. Some day I'll get around to doing a giveaway but I'm not sure how many people are interested in my lists of Desura and Origin keys.
The Desura keys would probably be welcome in the monthly Indie Games thread Toma runs. I'd be sure to keep anything you're actually interested in playing, though—could end up greenlit.
...I've heard the free to a good home thread likes Origin keys, but can't exactly testify to it myself.

Hope I did this one right! They're the games from Indie Bundle 9 and origin bundle I already have.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Faster Than Light -- MB-7614399E993FAB4A - Taken by Rob N Banks. 3 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-61711A38E81AA731 - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-6B2F2F6287EB1EC6 - Taken by JDHarbs. 7 entrants total.
Crysis 2: Maximum Edition -- MB-E8B8478B71C375E9

t1379551273z1.png

Lol short raffle is extra short from my fiddling around and copy pasting on mobile.

MRORANGE

I still don't understand the disparity of love that F:NV compared to what Fallout 3 gets. Yes in F:NV your choices have great direction on narrative but it's a poorly woven story once the story splits into 3 paths. Having completed all 3 endings of F:NV I still feel Fallout 3 has a better story even if your choices have no consequences. The only thing that F:NV does better is putting you in a very believable environment.

Played it on Hardcore (lol) in all 3 endings.
Speech on 100, ruins the game,

67a93e6524f6302080b94f3a19f1a315c5466520.jpg
9b211b174474b6f4ec06dd88931b0a5a331f3d3f.jpg
412477c788b672a57ea8ecaee3df42ff30f979fe.jpg
65b829ffa601e76cf1f9638f865ca805fba1c31a.jpg

PS: The combat is the same in both games, don't let any tell you that it's different.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I had a similar issue with another game a year or two back and I think I solved it by deleting some of those weird hashed files in a folder named after the game's PID that was buried somewhere in my steam directory.
I'll try this another day then, don't want to mess with that stuff right now. Thanks for the heads-up!

For the pinball fans out there: are Star Wars pack, Epic Quest and Ms. Splosion Man a good set of tables to begin with? Those are the ones I liked the most (only tried Episode V from the Star Wars pack, and really liked it), but maybe someone has a different opinion, which I'd like to hear.

The V12 table was nice too, but it only comes in the Zen Classics pack and I don't want to spend too much right now.

Shh! With you blabbing it all over the place, how am I supposed to screw with people?! :p
...Nah, actually over dinner I realized that when I venture into threads about women's issues, people refusing to believe me and making dumb accusations because of my tag might have tested my patience so I was gonna PM somebody about it. Thank you, whomever changed that.
Oh yeah, you're right... dude! Let's get together and do all those things men do, like... mmm... watch football, drink beer, eat pizza and grow an awesome beard?

I don't like sports, I'm not a fan of beer, I hate cheese with all my might and I can't grow a beard to save my life :(

I am not aware of which of those games requires GFWL for activation, which require profile sign-ins to save, etc. Some like Fallout 3 nominally use GFWL but are fully playable without. Some or all may have been cracked.
I'm pretty sure all of them require you to be signed in to a profile to save. It's the same as on the 360. I guess the real question is whether any will refuse to save if you're signed in offline. I haven't encountered it personally, but it's a possibility.

Thankfully, the vast majority of GFWL titles do not require activation, so if the servers were to die, you would still be able to play offline.

jediyoshi

I'm pretty sure all of them require you to be signed in to a profile to save. It's the same as on the 360. I guess the real question is whether any will refuse to save if you're signed in offline. I haven't encountered it personally, but it's a possibility.

Haven't checked too many, but I'm not sure of many games that do that. Worst/weirdest case scenario, if you're for some reason locked out of your actual account, you can always resort to making an offline gfwl account that functions as normal.

Have fun!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Limbo -- MB-5DE8A9F4908562ED - Taken by TheFrza. 1 entrants total.

t1379552308z1.png

THE EXTERMINATION OF ALL HUMANS

I thought you were different!

Buh buh but you're just like all the rest!

*sniff*

Unable to deal with your emotions so you hide it behind a veneer of aggression.

Well no more!

This girl has had enough!

Don't call me!

We're through!

You hear me?!

Through!

*slams door on way out in floods of tears*

Bundle in a Box.

I wasn't impressed with what little I played and found the interface very cumbersome, but if you're dying to burn $2 I guess you could do worse. I've been watching a few of the other titles out of the corner of my eye (specifically Inaria, and to a lesser extent Dungeon Fray) so I was thinking of picking the bundle up myself.

EDIT: OH MY, I have a tag now! That's amusing as hell...and thank you! :D

I'm not a fan of tags in general but that one is sweet and well deserved :).

Thank you kindly.

Suck it and see.

N.B. That is an tv advertising slogan from my youth for Fisherman's Friend lozenges.

So any pervy connotation you may take from my post is entirely down to you.

EDIT:

Everyone who hasn't voted for Race The Sun on Greenlight should do it (if interested of course), the game really needs all the help it can get: http://flippfly.com/news/race-the-sun-a-month-after-launch-losing-steam/ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92973632&searchtext=

Done. Thanks for the heads up; I had not heard of this game.

Haven't checked too many, but I'm not sure of many games that do that. Worst/weirdest case scenario, if you're for some reason locked out of your actual account, you can always resort to making an offline gfwl account that functions as normal.
Yeah, looking into it, the only truly unplayable game should be Age of Empires, as it has no offline functionality.

PS: The combat is the same in both games, don't let any tell you that it's different.
Nah, the down sight aiming and headshots actually gave you reason to do combat outside of VATS over FO3's nothing. As well as VATS being nerfed to not make you effectively immortal while using it.

Nabs

Namco.

Dark Souls II will be arriving in North America on March 11, 2014, with a European release date three days later on March 14.

News of the much-anticipated sequel’s release date was announced during Namco-Bandai’s Tokyo Game Show event. The two dates reflect the launch of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game, with PC release to come “shortly after the console versions.”

Derrick01

Banned
So from that other thread it seems like Dark Souls 2 is coming out a bit later on PC but supposedly still in March. Not bad I guess?

edit: Beaten.

FOX_

Neo Member
Ha, that looks pretty cool. Never even heard of this game.

It reminds me of what Red Steel tried and failed to be. Like you, I also never heard of it until the original Shadow Warrior was featured on the latest Humble Weekly bundle. We need more of these retro-minded games...

BadAss2961

It reminds me of what Red Steel tried and failed to be. Like you, I also never heard of it until the original Shadow Warrior was featured on the latest Humble Weekly bundle. We need more of these retro-minded games...
Exactly what I was thinking once the swords came out.

Bluth54

What evidence? Sorry to be rude but i've only heard of rumors and speculation.

Halo 1-3 are in the Steam Registry, which is a database of all games/content available on Steam.

If a game is in the registry that means that it was at least at one point planned on being released on Steam, and far enough along for Valve to create a database entry for it. It is not a 100% guarantee that it will be released on Steam though, some games for whatever reason never get released, or get released years after they they first were added in the registry.

Grief.exe

Namco.

Dark Souls II will be arriving in North America on March 11, 2014, with a European release date three days later on March 14.

News of the much-anticipated sequel’s release date was announced during Namco-Bandai’s Tokyo Game Show event. The two dates reflect the launch of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game, with PC release to come “shortly after the console versions.”

Rage

I take a short delay over a barely acceptable version. If they actually include some good PC/Steam features I'm willing to turn a blind eye.

Derrick01

Banned
It's a bit unsettling to see how much of a precedent this has become over the past few years...

Hey at least some people are changing their tune. Batman Origins isn't getting delayed at all I think, at least so far. The previous 2 games had slight delays if I remember right, I know Arkham City did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom