• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

damaph

:(

ModBot:

sFwcxxt.gif

I know how you feel. Congrats to all the winners and thanks honerless for the awesome giveaway!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'll check the debug logs, give me a few minutes.

Wok's double win:
GA: Heartbeat 21:38:13.097000 1379554693.1
GA: Claims Process: I am going to give Incredipede to Wok. Added to PM Queue. 21:38:22.862000 1379554702.86
GA: Heartbeat 21:58:28.134000 1379555908.13
GA: Claim Process Throttle: Poster must not have a win since 1379555015 21:58:35.708000 1379555915.71
GA: Claims Process: I am going to give Primordia to Wok. Added to PM Queue. 21:58:35.799000 1379555915.8

Wok's was legit > 15 minutes.

oipic

Thank you once again, honorless, for your off-the-scale levels of generosity - it won't be forgotten here anytime soon (particularly by those of us lucky enough to have our names drawn out of the hat).

Thanks too to Stump for providing the mechanism for it all to play out in such dramatic fashion - the prize draw was an event in itself!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
This was a lot of fun. If you won, enjoy; good luck next time if you didn't.

Also...I'm pretty sure most people know this already, but please don't be an asshole to anyone who won multiple times. Or to Tenrius 'cause he got the big prize. If I hear about shit going down I'll start permablocking people. :mad:

Well I'm only taking Receiver and I'm going to give away a crap ton of games at the end of the month with the second one I won.
I'm glad. I hope a few of the other people who won twice or three times consider doing the same with the games they won, but I won't blame them if they don't and it's out of my hands anyway.

Colin.

Well, that was a bust for me *rips up steam lotto tickets*

But again, thanks for the opportunity, very generous. And congrats to the winners!

inm8num2

Many, many thanks Honorless. I somehow won twice and don't know if that should have happened. I see others won twice and some even won thrice, so perhaps I shouldn't feel dirty.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not bothered by the slight DS2 delay since it seems like it's just a week or two. The more offensive news is learning that you can apparently be invaded while in undead form now. They've reduced me to playing it with my internet disconnected now.

New feature: Invasions can be done even offline.

*pre-order canceled*

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wok's double win is legit. creamsugar's win 1->2 is legit but not 2->3, FauX's appears to be 15 minutes on the dot. woo and indeed hoo's is 9 minutes. Don't worry about it though guys! Gotta check in on the throttle code. It calculates the number of previous wins over the last week properly, and the throttle timer properly, but seems to be an issue with the final check.

TheSeks

Modbot has 650 unclaimed garbage keys and counting for the end of the month giveaway.

This reminds me I should take my one that was unclaimed out and see if anyone wants it again. How do I do that if I forget my modbot code for it?

Jawmuncher

Steam needs to do something about wallpaper prices. I would say 9/10 games the wallpaper prices are at 0.03 cents. Not even worth putting up for sale. I was thinking perhaps some sort of Trading Card crafting system. Where so many wallpapers could be turned into a random card. But obviously that could be abused so who knows. All I can do is just sit on a pile of em.

If anything they should give the option to cycle through wallpapers randomly.

TheSeks

Got it, thanks. I keep forgetting there's a separate thread for that.

Grief.exe

Would buy Black Armor edition if it was confirmed Steamworks activation.

Look at the fine print, "PC release date to be announced."

dark_souls_2_black_armour_edition_pre-order_bonus.jpg

dark_souls_2_collectors_edition_ce.jpg

Steam needs to do something about wallpaper prices. I would say 9/10 games the wallpaper prices are at 0.03 cents. Not even worth putting up for sale. I was thinking perhaps some sort of Trading Card crafting system. Where so many wallpapers could be turned into a random card. But obviously that could be abused so who knows. All I can do is just sit on a pile of em.

If anything they should give the option to cycle through wallpapers randomly.

Not to mention a delete/trash option for useless vouchers.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
On the threshold of Dark Souls II and I still need to get around to Demon's Souls. Maybe this winter... :/

I won Gunpoint! Thanks honorless.
HAHAHA, a game that even your laptop can handle perfectly!

Jawmuncher

Would buy Black Armor edition if it was confirmed Steamworks activation.

Look at the fine print, "PC release date to be announced."

Definitely keep me updated on that. Think i'll preorder ASAP but if it's somehow not steamworks activation will probably cancel.....maybe.

Sajjaja

On the threshold of Dark Souls II and I still need to get around to Demon's Souls. Maybe this winter... :/

HAHAHA, a game that even your laptop can handle perfectly!

lol it's quite perfect isn't it?

The new Dark Souls 2 trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVtIb8lkAxc

Also, it's almost guaranteed someone will up-res (or just decipher) that picture of the Dark Souls 2 map and be able to read the names of the locations.

Jawmuncher

lol it's quite perfect isn't it?

The new Dark Souls 2 trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVtIb8lkAxc

Also, it's almost guaranteed someone will up-res (or just decipher) that picture of the Dark Souls 2 map and be able to read the names of the locations.

Im really not digging the way the current advertising has been going. They were serious about trying to grab a bigger audience. As long as the games as good as Dark Souls or Demons Souls is all that really matters though.

NinjaJesus311

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-346FCC7051C01509 - Taken by AsylumX

maty

Question, if I make a raffle with the command NOWINNERSDAILY, winners of honorless' raffles shouldn't be eligible, right?

Sajjaja

Im really not digging the way the current advertising has been going. They were serious about trying to grab a bigger audience. As long as the games as good as Dark Souls or Demons Souls is all that really matters though.

EpicNameBro got to play the beta pre-TGS and his impressions are here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CGvXh_pEWs

I just started watching it so I can't sum up anything right now. I'll try to update this post while I go.

EDITS-
1: Can be invaded anytime as long as you're online (hollow or human). When you die, your max HP decreases and the more often you die (I think in hollow form) the more it decreases.
2: There is a covenent to auto summon another player when invaded, another covenant to be summoned to help.
3: White summon stones have 2 types, regular and small. This means that their duration in your world is limited and the sizes of the stone change that time allotted to them.
4: Casting speed is now increased by the "attunement," stat.
5: ***ENB not 100% sure about this*** Magic and Fire are strengthened by Intelligence. Lightning and Dark strengthened by Faith. Poison and Bleed strengthened by DEX.
6: New stat that affects evasion and trap disarming. ***Could be DEX, could be called Agility, ENB not sure***
7: Parry timing is different. Has a wind up.
8: Enemies seemed to be more aggressive.
9: Demo hinted connections to Dark Souls 1 lore (obviously).
10: Landing a parry knocks down the enemy.
11: New riposte timings.
12: New riposte/backstab animations.
13: New zweihander animations.
14: New leap attack. Start up seemed slower, but longer jump.
15: Combat feels a little slower in general.
16: Difficulty in backstabbing seems to change depending on weapons (though it may be ENB adjusting to the enemies), but thinks some weapons have different windows.

Again, all of this isn't concrete, just stuff he noticed and all probably subject to change.

TheSeks

Does it go by day of the month or exactly 24 hours from the start of the players last win?

I'd assume 24 hours from the start of YOUR giveaway.

Beaten by Stump basically saying the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom