• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Man... Capcom with their games like Dragon's Dogma and Deep Down that would clearly make them a good chunk of change in the PC market...

Are they stupid? Their way of thinking pisses me off.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
24 * 60 * 60 seconds from the second that it does the final check after processing the entry

By entry do you mean the person that won within the last 24 hours, or the new raffle/giveaway?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if someone did another 24 hour raffle giveaway right now with NODAILYWINNERS, would someone who won the Honorless raffle be able to wait until the last hour (after it's been over 24 hours since they won) and then enter?

Man... Capcom with their games like Dragon's Dogma and Deep Down that would clearly make them a good chunk of change in the PC market...

Sony is helping with Deep Down development.

But Dragon's Dogma really is baffling.

Momentary

Banned
I'll never understand 3rd party companies who get roped into making exclusive games. Sony and Microsoft must really compensate them for whatever sales they could lose by going multiplatform.

Man, whatever. I'm sticking to PC only. The only way I would buy a console is if someone money hatted Cyberpunk 2077...

Jesus...

What if that would really happen?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
By entry do you mean the person that won within the last 24 hours, or the new raffle/giveaway?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if someone did another 24 hour raffle giveaway right now with NODAILYWINNERS, would someone who won the Honorless raffle be able to wait until the last hour (after it's been over 24 hours since they won) and then enter?

Let me try to be more clear.

When you send ModBot a PM, it figures out what the contents of the PM is. If you are requesting something, it adds you to a pile of requests. After processing all of its new PMs, it starts awarding wins.

For awarding wins for non-raffles, it just processes stuff one by one. It will take the first entrant for a giveaway, and then it will say "Do they meet the rules?" -- if it's a nolurkers giveaway, have they posted enough times? If it's a nowinnersdaily giveaway, have they won in the last day? It checks their most recent win and compares the timer at that exact second. So 24 hours between the exact moment of the wins. The timer is calculated at this exact point.

For awarding wins for raffles, it waits for the raffle timer to expire and then it takes a random entrant for the raffle and again does the rules things.

So if I generate a 24 hour raffle now with nowinnerdaily, you win 5 minutes from now, you enter the raffle. 24 hours from now, it draws and you would be ineligible. On the other hand, if it's a big giveaway and it takes 10 minutes to raffle off the game that you win, you would be eligible.

Jawmuncher

EpicNameBro got to play the beta pre-TGS and his impressions are here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CGvXh_pEWs

I just started watching it so I can't sum up anything right now. I'll try to update this post while I go.

EDITS-
1: Can be invaded anytime as long as you're online (hollow or human).
2: There is a covenent to auto summon another player when invaded, another covenant to be summoned to help.
3: White summon stones have 2 types, regular and small. This means that their duration in your world is limited and the sizes of the stone change that time allotted to them.
4: Casting speed is now increased by the "attunement," stat.
5: ***ENB not 100% sure about this*** Magic and Fire are strengthened by Intelligence. Lightning and Dark strengthened by Faith. Poison and Bleed strengthened by DEX.
6: New stat that affects evasion and trap disarming. ***Could be DEX, could be called Agility, ENB not sure***
7: Parry timing is different.

Sounding good so far!

Anustart

Wondering if anyone wanted to take me up on a possible trade!

I have a code for Arkham Origins and was wondering if anyone wanted to gift me either Sleeping Dogs or Bioshock Inifinite for it in exchange?

I'd rather get Inifinite, but I'd be up for either of them!

Man Stump, you some programming genius or something. Ever asked Evilore for Modbot to get database access? How would that change/improve Modbot if at all?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wondering if anyone wanted to take me up on a possible trade!

I have a code for Arkham Origins and was wondering if anyone wanted to gift me either Sleeping Dogs or Bioshock Inifinite for it in exchange?

I'd rather get Inifinite, but I'd be up for either of them!

I'd be down for this. I just PM'd you.

Grief.exe

Japanese publishers.

They don't understand the market anymore so they just go mobile.

maty

correct (all the rule-based throttles worked properly before now, btw--it was just the global throttle that had the error)

Thanks Stump.

First of all big thanks to honorless and congrats to the winners.

Of course, I didn't win anything as usual but I thought I might give others like me a chance.

Also I made it givers only to reward those who share.

Good Luck!!! :D

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sonic Hits Collection -- MB-056AD1FD7DF72F31 - Taken by Jame Retief. 54 entrants total.
header.jpg

t1379649101z1.png

Grief.exe

Thanks for the write up Sajjaja, was going to watch the video, but watching the MGSV stream instead.

http://www.twitch.tv/ignlive

EpicNameBro got to play the beta pre-TGS and his impressions are here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CGvXh_pEWs

I just started watching it so I can't sum up anything right now. I'll try to update this post while I go.

EDITS-
1: Can be invaded anytime as long as you're online (hollow or human). When you die, your max HP decreases and the more often you die (I think in hollow form) the more it decreases.
2: There is a covenent to auto summon another player when invaded, another covenant to be summoned to help.
3: White summon stones have 2 types, regular and small. This means that their duration in your world is limited and the sizes of the stone change that time allotted to them.
4: Casting speed is now increased by the "attunement," stat.
5: ***ENB not 100% sure about this*** Magic and Fire are strengthened by Intelligence. Lightning and Dark strengthened by Faith. Poison and Bleed strengthened by DEX.
6: New stat that affects evasion and trap disarming. ***Could be DEX, could be called Agility, ENB not sure***
7: Parry timing is different. Has a wind up.
8: Enemies seemed to be more aggressive.
9: Demo hinted connections to Dark Souls 1 lore (obviously).
10: Landing a parry knocks down the enemy.
11: New riposte timings.
12: New riposte/backstab animations.
13: New zweihander animations.
14: New leap attack. Start up seemed slower, but longer jump.
15: Combat feels a little slower in general.
16: Difficulty in backstabbing seems to change depending on weapons (though it may be ENB adjusting to the enemies), but thinks some weapons have different windows.

Again, all of this isn't concrete, just stuff he noticed and all probably subject to change.

I'll never understand 3rd party companies who get roped into making exclusive games. Sony and Microsoft must really compensate them for whatever sales they could lose by going multiplatform.

Man, whatever. I'm sticking to PC only. The only way I would buy a console is if someone money hatted Cyberpunk 2077...

Jesus...

What if that would really happen?

Capcom's in pretty poor shape, so they have to take what they can get. Saying no to Microsoft funding Dead Rising 3's development and Sony co-developing Deep Down probably isn't a great option for them at the moment.

No clue about Dragon's Dogma though, that's just Capcom not having a clue (also see: their love of GFWL).

Anteater

Capcom's in pretty poor shape, so they have to take what they can get. Saying no to Microsoft funding Dead Rising 3's development and Sony co-developing Deep Down probably isn't a great option for them at the moment.

No clue about Dragon's Dogma though, that's just Capcom not having a clue (also see: their love of GFWL).

Well they've abandoned GFWL but somehow they decided to port DmC over instead...

Guess everybody has it already, but just in case:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-179FC8C502E15D95 - Taken by Cody_D165

Retne

Guess everybody has it already, but just in case:

Ya know I have quite a few of the HB9 keys left over but it always feels like GAF gets saturated with them. I'm gonna try sitting on them for a while and then putting them up. I think I still have a Mirror's Edge key floating in ModBot limbo that nobody seemed to want.

Thanks Stump.

Of course, I didn't win anything as usual but I thought I might give others like me a chance.

Ooh sonics , this is cool.
Thanks for your generosity

Skilletor

So I'm having a problem.

I recently got a new graphics card. Upgraded from a gtx570 to a 680. Now most of my games on steam won't launch. They'll get stuck on a black screen and then crash "program is not responding." All of my drivers are up to date and I can't figure out a rhyme or reason to which games work and which don't.

Any suggestions?

Just a quick question. Is there any quick way to tell whether a particular game is able to be loaded on Steam? I.e. There are some digital downloads I am considering getting that say that they need Origin to download. Does this mean that I wouldn't be able to download it on Steam?

Edit: Just checked the OP and found the Steamworks link. But just to add to my previous point if a game says that it requires Origin, and isn't on the Steamworks list, that means it shouldn't work on Steam right?

Reason I'm getting confused for is something like this; Dragon Age Ultimate Edition on Gamestop . It says that it requires Origin to play, and it's not on the Steamworks list in the OP. But the reason I'm getting confused is that the Steam Store does sell Dragon Age Ultimate Edition. Apologise if I'm missing something obvious, am still relatively new to the whole digital download concept.

Khronico

Thanks Stump.

Thanks for the opportunity. Hope I win!

Deques

Just a quick question. Is there any quick way to tell whether a particular game is able to be loaded on Steam? I.e. There are some digital downloads I am considering getting that say that they need Origin to download. Does this mean that I wouldn't be able to download it on Steam?

Edit: Just checked the OP and found the Steamworks link. But just to add to my previous point if a game says that it requires Origin, and isn't on the Steamworks list, that means it shouldn't work on Steam right?

Reason I'm getting confused for is something like this; Dragon Age Ultimate Edition on Gamestop . It says that it requires Origin to play, and it's not on the Steamworks list in the OP. But the reason I'm getting confused is that the Steam Store does sell Dragon Age Ultimate Edition. Apologise if I'm missing something obvious, am still relatively new to the whole digital download concept.

Dragon Age is published by EA, thus an Origin game. Origin (EA) games that are bought outside from the Steam store can't be redeemed on Steam.
DA is not a Steamworks game. You can buy it in Steam, but it doesn't mean it's a Steamworks game

A huge exception is the Humble Origin Bundle

Grief.exe

Retail keys that activate on Steam (you found this one in OP) https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

List of digital games that activate on Steam http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1712878

Look for something on the page that details the DRM, most will list Steam if it activates on the service. All digital retailers seem to be conforming to this standard in some way.

cW6tAZn.png

Ledsen

Damn, that was an INSANE raffle... that I missed because I didn't check the thread :(

Sony is helping with Deep Down development.

But Dragon's Dogma really is baffling.

Especially considering the fps makes it unplayable on console, at least for me. I really want to play that game :(

Tellaerin

Somehow I managed to win two games in Honorless' mega-raffle earlier, so I decided to keep Symphony and pass this on to someone else. Hope whoever gets it enjoys it, and make sure to thank Honorless. : )

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Cargo Commander -- MB-DFD68704C258C179 - Taken by Melted77. 1 entrants total.

t1379574000z1.png

Wok

Thanks a lot for the games, honorless! Let me know your decision by PM.

Wok again. *shakes fist*

I don't know what to say. If this can alleviate your anger, I will be playing these games. Really.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-EF710D93CFFC8D61
Trine 2 -- MB-7956E954A9D42D04
Bastion -- MB-5107479444B671F2
Brutal Legend -- MB-9E724E95BA40DBD4 - Taken by XShagrath. 2 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-74B4303269DA87EB - Taken by Leviathin25. 7 entrants total.
Rocketbirds -- MB-2CD1D0E62CB5B025 - Taken by derExperte. 6 entrants total.
Eets Munchies -- MB-C3E85441334BB631 - Taken by fantomena. 2 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-1F1C14CAA22FF588 - Taken by itllgrobak. 13 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-6AFFDA04BADB08AC - Taken by Fl1pp13. 4 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-F40DD6BD52C7757C - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft. 5 entrants total.

t1379618368z1.png

You could also sign in my giveaway. There are more games than thumbnails.

Cody_D165

Banned
Groupees has a new upcoming bundle: Steampunk Game and Music Bundle.

• Vessel
  • Greed Corp
  • Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony
  • Naval Warfare
  • Albums and collections from The Clockwork Dolls, Bonaparte, Hellblinki, Marquis of Vaudeville, the Girl Genius graphic novel Vol. 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnY5eWPgoMU

I recommend Jamestown for shmup lovers. It's a great game, I have clocked around 50 hours in this game

YES! I've been waiting for a prime opportunity to grab Jamestown. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom