• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melted77

Somehow I managed to win two games in Honorless' mega-raffle earlier, so I decided to keep Symphony and pass this on to someone else. Hope whoever gets it enjoys it, and make sure to thank Honorless. : )

Looks like I won. Then again I was the only entrant. Thanks Tellaerin.

Nakayumi

1: Can be invaded anytime as long as you're online (hollow or human). When you die, your max HP decreases and the more often you die (I think in hollow form) the more it decreases.
My god this sounds brutal.
2: There is a covenent to auto summon another player when invaded, another covenant to be summoned to help.
This will be a huge help, hopefully they online part will work well enough to make this happen.

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the trailers/advertising so far either, but while they may aim for a bigger crowd, the core mechanics seem to be all Dark Souls. Interestingly there seems to be a beta/demo for PS+ coming October, so I'll be able to try some of that stuff out beforehand. I really do hope the PC version is not gonna be released too long after, or I'll have to double dip yet again. (Will probably do so anyway.)

Arthea

Have anybody had problems with steam yesterday? It takes ages to load for me, except games library, that's still OK. Store starts to load but never really finishes, for example.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Have anybody had problems with steam yesterday? It takes ages to load for me, except games library, that's still OK. Store starts to load but never really finishes, for example.

I had (and still have) an issue with the client not reporting playtime.

Dragon Age is published by EA, thus an Origin game. Origin (EA) games that are bought outside from the Steam store can't be redeemed on Steam.
DA is not a Steamworks game. You can buy it in Steam, but it doesn't mean it's a Steamworks game

A huge exception is the Humble Origin Bundle

Retail keys that activate on Steam (you found this one in OP) https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

List of digital games that activate on Steam http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1712878

Look for something on the page that details the DRM, most will list Steam if it activates on the service. All digital retailers seem to be conforming to this standard in some way.

cW6tAZn.png

Sweet. Thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Shit, I entered that Sonic Collection raffle thing thinking it was different from what I have. If I end up winning it's going back to GAF.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rogue Legacy is amazing. I'm addicted.

Space Chem is really good too. I think after figuring out how something actually works (since the tutorials are really shitty) I think it's pretty easy so far. I think it would be way more challenging if they removed the sync spheres. It feels pretty much exactly like computer programming. If you love this game you'll love programming.

Seagoon

Hopefully this works, this is my first giveaway! This is a bit of a thank you to all of the pillars of the Steam community who post here on a regular basis. Although I'm a nervous nelly and don't post much, I lurk here just about everyday and love reading about new releases, great deals and mini reviews.

Good luck everyone!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Humble Bundle 2 -- MB-6F2F8E0A8F834162 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 8 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-B417B432FADF0930 - Taken by Atraveller. 1 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-984EC5F998BE5AD6
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-F7B44071726D9278
Trine 2 The Complete Story -- MB-593A925E0DA0C185
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-7DED36947B661739 - Taken by roosters93. 3 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-AB279E8905AE7642
Depths of Peril -- MB-350F5B595C6A141A - Taken by Motorbreath. 3 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-2CA7BD43235F02AB - Taken by Spawn. 3 entrants total.
Cortex Command -- MB-8E0414BF48B43305 - Taken by Aaron. 1 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-EA8425319576C538 - Taken by kennah. 4 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-C266036A5DAE6B9C - Taken by Anteater. 5 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise (Origin) -- MB-25B442D1C516E0F0 - Taken by None
Fez -- MB-27662FCEC83738D4 - Taken by Deques. 11 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-46B0E33511BB151F
Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-0ED41A9DD19DE717 - Taken by Arthea. 2 entrants total.

t1379666115z1.png

JaseC

Anyone know if there are Oceanic servers for War Thunder?

There are no plans for AU/NZ servers, but SEA may get servers at some point in the future.

Similar to Grinding Gear with Path of Exile, I don't see why developers don't try to partner with Aussie ISPs, as they're generally happy to help -- Internode has been nagging Blizzard for years, for example. Path of Exile is a particularly disappointing case as the studio is based in New Zealand and yet there are no Oceania servers (last I played, at least).

Seagoon

There are no plans for AU/NZ servers, but SEA may get servers at some point in the future.

Similar to Grinding Gear with Path of Exile, I don't see why developers don't try to partner with Aussie ISPs, as they're generally happy to help -- Internode has been nagging Blizzard for years, for example. Path of Exile is a particularly disappointing case as the studio is based in New Zealand and yet there are no Oceania servers (last I played, at least).

That's really disappointing, I'm kind of committed to my download of War Thunder so I'll at least give it a go before binning it.

Tak3n

Banned
well my biggest regret purchase for many a year has been Arma 3, I got it when it was early access for £20 as I thought it might be good...

That game is a pile of just nothing, people can argue it's a sim until they are blue in the face, a game should still be a little fun, surely?

Tomodachi

Woke up to an email containing a steam key for Cognition (Season pass), since I backed the game on kickstarter. Check your emails backers, it's finally happening!

well my biggest regret purchase for many a year has been Arma 3, I got it when it was early access for £20 as I thought it might be good...

That game is a pile of just nothing, people can argue it's a sim until they are blue in the face, a game should still be a little fun, surely?

I can understand if someone does not enjoy this game... but as animlboogy said try Wasteland mod or Escape from Altis

Path of Exile is a particularly disappointing case as the studio is based in New Zealand and yet there are no Oceania servers (last I played, at least).

I think PoE got Australian servers a few months back. I haven't played it since the beginning of the year but I heard that aussies were playing with >50 ping now, I was lucky to get lower than 200 when I was playing.

JaseC

I think PoE got Australian servers a few months back. I haven't played it since the beginning of the year but I heard that aussies were playing with >50 ping now, I was lucky to get lower than 200 when I was playing.

Oh, nice. I enjoyed what I'd played of the game but ultimately had to stop due to the inconsistent latency. Maybe I'll jump back into PoE once I'm done with Grim Dawn and Van Helsing.

nacimento

Some Modbot action

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

FTL -- MB-BF10760C4C15B1D1 - Taken by Spawn. 4 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge (Steam) -- MB-432C62B8E050B34E - Taken by AngryChinchilla. 1 entrants total.
The Whispered World -- MB-711D3298D4773553 - Taken by Motorbreath. 1 entrants total.

t1379583766z1.png

Oh, nice. I enjoyed what I'd played of the game but ultimately had to stop due to the inconsistent latency. Maybe I'll jump back into PoE once I'm done with Grim Dawn and Van Helsing.

Is Grim Dawn out or coming soon? Or are you referring to the alpha access you had for backing the Kickstarter?

JaseC

Is Grim Dawn out or coming soon? Or are you referring to the alpha access you had for backing the Kickstarter?

The latter. There's an Early Access sub in the registry so I suspect it'll go up on the store proper come the move to beta.

The latter. There's an Early Access sub in the registry so I suspect it'll go up on the store proper come the move to beta.

Any word on when that might happen? I really want to play the game but I don't feel like paying $50 upfront for the opportunity to test it out.

Forkball

Gunpoint is pretty fun. So far there seems to be a pretty specific goal of what you need to do, but there's some variety in exactly how you execute it. I enjoy making a Rube Golderg-esque laser grid that activates everything in the building. Some of the guards have hawk vision though.

JaseC

Deques

Create is aiming for "within the next few months". The intention last year was to complete development by August this year, but obviously that didn't happen. Here's the full quote:

Sounds great that their budget is still looking good. But that post is two months old. Many things can happen

Hey.

Anyone preordered Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures? I have it preordered, but it wont show when it will be released.
It just shows "September 2013" and that the discount will be gone on 23rd.

What I am wondering though is, that I dont have it in my library, but the shop-page shoes I own it and also my activity-log shows I purchased it.

JaseC

Hey.

Anyone preordered Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures? I have it preordered, but it wont show when it will be released.
It just shows "September 2013" and that the discount will be gone on 23rd.

What I am wondering though is, that I dont have it in my library, but the shop-page shoes I own it and also my activity-log shows I purchased it.

Although there's no countdown timer, it's a pre-purchase discount, so the end date is the day it'll release. As for your second issue, have you tried restarting the client?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Serious Sam Double D -- MB-3C41B41D36E7E456 - Taken by PepperJack

Although there's no countdown timer, it's a pre-purchase discount, so the end date is the day it'll release. As for your second issue, have you tried restarting the client?

Sure. I did. I already have it since 2 or 3 weeks. Though I saw now it shows up in my library.

Strange. Didnt show up yesterday. I was sure, since I searched for it.

Bah, I bought La Mulana and used up all my Steam wallet and a few minutes later I sold an emoticon I forgot I had listed on the market. Having just 7 cents in my Steam wallet is kind of bugging me.

The list with 25 new greenlit games is out there. SUPERSHOT - fastest greenlit-game. Also ValdisStory which looks really great and obviously a few others.

Probably well discussed, but thanks because I had not seen it.

Valdis, U55 (looks hot), Superhot and Dwarfcorp look interesting to me. Maybe Eden Star if they can wrap a good game around it somewhere.
World of diving? Who knows, could beat driving a truck.

I wish you could add greenlit pages to your wishlist so that a later linked store page could appear and you are ready to go.
No way to do that right?

ChryZ

The Serious Sam Double D key is from me. Got a few more things to giveaway and still try to figure out this ModBot business. Hopefully someone wants that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom