• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

Valdis story looks nice... but holy shit these indies are getting greedy. 15$ for this game? No thanks. People like klei do it right, 13$ for 2 copies of DS when it was first released, 17$ for 2 copies of incognita.

Whoa....6 pages overnight...what did I miss?

I think i'm finally get a hold of Crusader Kings 2. Took me 3 rulers, but I finally managed to unite Ireland. Still need to figure out how to use marriages to gain control of holds. For now, on to Scotland!

Knurek

Valdis story looks nice... but holy shit these indies are getting greedy. 15$ for this game? No thanks. People like klei do it right, 13$ for 2 copies of DS when it was first released, 17$ for 2 copies of incognita.

This is all going fast into AAA $60 bullshit.

Which is a pity, really - it's not like we don't have backlogs that will tide us well into 2020, most people seeing an indie game priced above $10 *will* wait for the inevitable sale/bundle. Devs are only losing day-one purchasers money this way, IMO.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Whoa....6 pages overnight...what did I miss?

A bunch of giveaways.

I think i'm finally get a hold of Crusader Kings 2. Took me 3 rulers, but I finally managed to unite Ireland. Still need to figure out how to use marriages to gain control of holds. For now, on to Scotland!

Hooray for Ireland!

Edit: On the subject of Incognita, does anybody want to go splitsies?

The_Monk

Hello my good GAFfers, just saw some of the Editions from the Dark Souls II and I can't express my hype. Dark Souls to this to me all the time. First is all quiet but then the hype keeps coming again, and again.

Hello my good GAFfers, just saw some of the Editions from the Dark Souls II and I can't express my hype. Dark Souls to this to me all the time. First is all quiet but then the hype keeps coming again, and again.

Game looks awesome, but I try to keep my hype for things in check until a week or so before release.

I really need to give this game another go. It's been so long since I've played, but I don't want to restart because of the
Taurus Demon

The_Monk

Game looks awesome, but I try to keep my hype for things in check until a week or so before release.

It's one of those games I was very bad at it but I kept trying and trying (and dying). Same goes for my hype. Despite I'm being a bad player I can't help but want this game, good sir.

I really need to give this game another go. It's been so long since I've played, but I don't want to restart because of the
Taurus Demon

Please, consider giving another try indeed fellow GAFfer. I finished that Boss, I had trouble with some others. To me the most stressed thing about that particular boss you speak of was the Soundtrack, which, is amazing (I have the Physical CD) but did not helped -in any time- to lower my stress when playing the game.

I had many difficulties with the game and I believe my main problem was "depth perception". That is the only thing in games that makes me die so much. It seems to be a problem I have with it (some goes for platform games, I'm horrible at them) but I don't know how I can "solve" this issue. It sure is a bit embarrassing to be honest.

The list with 25 new greenlit games is out there. SUPERSHOT - fastest greenlit-game. Also ValdisStory which looks really great and obviously a few others.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1569792717395272271

Edit: It says 18th September.... it could be that i'm a little late to the party... :D

I've been playing this and it is really good. Very nice combo system for combat, graphics are solid, and lots of depth/customization (for a platformer, anyway). Lots of SotN influences.

Some of the new changes have me a little worried, but not enough to dissuade me from getting it. Hope it has Steamworks!

Anyone want Mark of the Ninja, Brütal Legend, FTL: Faster, FEZ, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, A Virus Named TOM, LIMBO, & Bastion Steam keys? A simple first to quote will get you all of them.

Gone, it was first one to quote gets all the keys

The_Monk

Some of the new changes have me a little worried, but not enough to dissuade me from getting it. Hope it has Steamworks!

Can you name some of the main concerns please fellow GAFfer, I'm just catching up to the news now. Thanks in advance.

Anyone want Mark of the Ninja, Brütal Legend, FTL: Faster, FEZ, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, A Virus Named TOM, LIMBO, & Bastion Steam keys? A simple first to quote will get you all of them.

I would be for FEZ & Rocketbirds fellow GAFfer!

Copons

Having just noticed that I own 199 games, I though of coming here saying it just in case a generous soul was passing by and, bothered by my uneven collection, would have given me the last game I needed to obtain the 200+ badge.

But then I realized that the next badge is at 250 games, so guys, feel free to gift me 51 games.
Thank you.

Yours truly,
Copons.

Can you name some of the main concerns please fellow GAFfer, I'm just catching up to the news now. Thanks in advance.

No problem. Quoted from another thread:

Incoming crow buffet for everyone who predicted a casual game and the death of the series when the sequel was announced!

It's a pretty hefty, detailed article, so here's the rundown:
  • Possible to be invaded while hollow.
  • Humanity scrapped, replaced with a single item like Stone of Ephemeral Eyes.
  • Repeated deaths while hollow decrease max HP up to 50%.
  • White phantoms now have a limited duration, may have to leave sooner if they do too much work for the host player.
  • More visible blood stains and messages thanks to being server-based instead of P2P, messages no longer require an item to write.
  • Way of Blue covenant summons a player phantom to help defend if you get invaded.
  • 3 item slots per hand, 10 consumable item slots. UI is much denser and more detailed, less scrolling necessary.
  • Agility stat that increases movement and dodge speed. Existing stats being retooled, such as Dexterity making bleeding/poison more effective.
You'd better get ready to die.

It's really just the invasions while hollow, but I can deal with it.

The_Monk

I'm checking some changes named in this thread, some things will be different indeed, still not sure how I feel about them:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=681073

Will pm all keys, do what you will with the rest.

Thank you kind sir!

EDIT: Yep, just the thread was reading just now! Thank you DexterPepper

chronomac

I'm kinda bummed I didn't win anything during the big giveaway. Some people won 2 and 3 different things. Oh well. I'll give away the new weekly Humble Bundle later.

ChryZ

I'd love to receive Brutal Legend if still up for grabs.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
The Don't Starve offer was only valid for people who ordered while the game was still in alpha/beta. Incognita's is the same. The situations aren't comparable, and if you wanted DS now you'd pay $15 for it.

Valdis Story is complete, much like Spelunky, Ironclad Tactics and Foul Play which are the same price. I get that you're a trader so you're used to paying like $5 for the Russian versions of games, but $15 is not a crazy unusually high price point for a game with a lot of hand-animated non-pixel 2D.

Turfster

I usually download at ~650KBps... but I'm getting about one-tenth of that at the moment.

With his last gasp, the engineer rescued a sharpshooter... who proceeded to murder the everliving hell out of the guards that killed his buddy. You shall be avenged, Lance.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How come you have such a slow download fellow GAFfer? :/

I wonder how much time it would take you to download something like Max Payne 3 or RAGE.

ADSL is the only fixed-line broadband service available where I am (although the government is slowly rolling out fibre here -- the original Ready for Service date was just two months from now :() and I'm roughly 3.5KM from the exchange. Said exchange has no third-party infrastructure, meaning all ISPs that service the area have to essentially rent customer ports, bandwidth, etc. from the incumbent telco, translating to higher prices than other areas wherein ISPs have installed their own equipment; and if you don't want to pay ~$100+ per month, people in my position are limited to "cheap and (at least somewhat) nasty" options if they want a generous download limit. In my case, I pay $70 a month for an unmetered connection -- excluding mandatory line rental, which is again something those in my position have to put up with -- but it's artificially capped to 8Mbit down (which I'm okay with as I'm too far from the exchange to reach that, anyway) and 0.384Mbit up (which is frustratingly slow).

Max Payne 3 took around 15 hours, IIRC; Rage was too long ago for me to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom