• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

You know I played both Half-Life and Half-Life 2 so long ago that I don't even remember what the hell those games are about. I just have vague recollections.

Anyone else see the vanishing of ethan carter screens that have made it to the net? This game looks so promising, screens are easily just as good as the concept art from last year. Excited about this one:

click

LQX

A few games...

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-07C88E6CC4A39B2D - Taken by The Super Bob
Cortex Command -- MB-DEA6EA8051A43A86 - Taken by r3n4ud
LIMBO -- MB-6AA9FD713A6E8414 - Taken by schwupp
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-4E94C63A7CC24015 - Taken by yoshizzle

def sim

i mean its the dnf of our generation so yea its probs gonna suck

Aw I hope not

That fake cover is so old, how did many of you not see that before? :p

maybe i just forgot

Anyone else see the vanishing of ethan carter screens that have made it to the net? This game looks so promising, screens are easily just as good as the concept art from last year. Excited about this one:

click

"...It's less about pure terror and more about clammy unease."

I don't know what that means but, sure, I'm down. I just hope they don't mean eleven months when they say, "it's a question of months, however, not years."

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
About La-Mulana: is it normal to get lost a lot and don't know what to do?
Yes, it is. It was pretty much designed to be that kind of game.

If you start getting frustrated, don't feel bad about consulting a walkthrough.

Tried to play La Mulana earlier, checked the controls before I started, then immediately forgot them. Kept getting emails from the guy and couldn't remember how to check them. I'll have to give it another shot later.

Tenrius

You know I played both Half-Life and Half-Life 2 so long ago that I don't even remember what the hell those games are about. I just have vague recollections.

Their first game is a tale of survival in a modern academic environment. The second game examines the survival of academics taken from said environment.

"...It's less about pure terror and more about clammy unease."

I don't know what that means but, sure, I'm down. I just hope they don't mean eleven months when they say, "it's a question of months, however, not years."
Hahah I know, I would love to see this by spring, but we'll see. I think they're working as a fairly small team (8 people last time I saw it quoted), so to get it up to that quality, I guess will take awhile. I read this interview awhile back that was good, too, and includes the prequel comic strip they did. I love Mike Mignola's work in comics, who cribs heavily from lovecraft, and I love some stephen king, so it's exciting to see a game like thing coming out.

click

ZeroXZee

Groupees has a new upcoming bundle: Steampunk Game and Music Bundle.

• Vessel
  • Greed Corp
  • Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony
  • Naval Warfare
  • Albums and collections from The Clockwork Dolls, Bonaparte, Hellblinki, Marquis of Vaudeville, the Girl Genius graphic novel Vol. 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnY5eWPgoMU

I recommend Jamestown for shmup lovers. It's a great game, I have clocked around 50 hours in this game

This. Even I'm not being a fan of shumps, something in this game makes me addicted (despite some brutally hard bonus stages xD)

Yes, it is. It was pretty much designed to be that kind of game.

If you start getting frustrated, don't feel bad about consulting a walkthrough.

Thanks. I was a little worried thinking I could be missing something, I think I'm playing it right searching and scanning everything looking for secret passages.

nexen

This. Even I'm not being a fan of shumps, something in this game makes me addicted (despite some brutally hard bonus stages xD)

Jamestown is the real deal. Walks a really nice balance between bullet hell and reaction-based shmups. I dig it.

edit: YAY a foil. If I manage to sell it then La Mulana paid for itself.

liezryou

The Don't Starve offer was only valid for people who ordered while the game was still in alpha/beta. Incognita's is the same. The situations aren't comparable, and if you wanted DS now you'd pay $15 for it.

Valdis Story is complete, much like Spelunky, Ironclad Tactics and Foul Play which are the same price. I get that you're a trader so you're used to paying like $5 for the Russian versions of games, but $15 is not a crazy unusually high price point for a game with a lot of hand-animated non-pixel 2D.

It's not only those two, what about games like terraria, papers please, volgarr, etc (all of them 10$). There are numerous examples of wonderful games that came out at reasonable price (and by companies who have made quality games before). 15$ for a game by two people sitting at home who have never made a game before in their life seems a little bit ridiculous.

def sim

Hahah I know, I would love to see this by spring, but we'll see. I think they're working as a fairly small team (8 people last time I saw it quoted), so to get it up to that quality, I guess will take awhile. I read this interview awhile back that was good, too, and includes the prequel comic strip they did. I love Mike Mignola's work in comics, who cribs heavily from lovecraft, and I love some stephen king, so it's exciting to see a game like thing coming out.

click

Thanks, I'll read the entire interview later. The first few questions lead me to believe it's a Dear Esther kind of game, though with more control. Interesting stuff.

nexen

I've gotten well over 200 cards now and STILL NOT ONE FOIL. This is so unfair. I demand more free money than I've gotten.

This is my third but I have no idea how many cards I've gotten so far. I think over 200 because I had to register with Steam for taxes.

edit: did anyone mention that the Ms.Splosion Man Pinball FX table is now on sale too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom