• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

I've gotten well over 200 cards now and STILL NOT ONE FOIL. This is so unfair. I demand more free money than I've gotten.

Foils aren't all that great, to be honest.
I've still got 4 listed on the marketplace that are never going to sell, even though I didn't set them that high, because people keep undercutting.

Also, Cities XL 2011 is 2€/$ on GMG at the moment, down from 20€/$

Jawmuncher

I've still got 4 listed on the marketplace that are never going to sell, even though I didn't set them that high, because people keep undercutting.

Yeah i've noticed foils tend to sit on the MP forever.
No one really wants to pay that premium for them when you really aren't going to get much out of it. Is there anything even special from a foil badge than a regular besides some cred?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

At this point it's not even about the money. It's about the principle of the thing. Haha

Turfster

Yeah i've noticed foils tend to sit on the MP forever.
No one really wants to pay that premium for them when you really aren't going to get much out of it. Is there anything even special from a foil badge than a regular besides some cred?

Nope, except that it's a foil badge.
The beta was great for foils, people actually spent money on them back then!
(which led to my big loss when I speculated on the foil market the day before they opened it to the public and prices dropped to zero)

louiedog

Also, Cities XL 2011 is 2€/$ on GMG at the moment, down from 20€/$

I've only had 3 or 4 and they've taken a few days to sell, but I got one the other day on a game within an hour of it getting cards. It sold in about 15 minutes because I had the only listing and one of the few people who seems to care about crafting foils happened to be buying.

Jawmuncher

Nope, except that it's a foil badge.
The beta was great for foils, people actually spent money on them back then!
(which led to my big loss when I speculated on the foil market the day before they opened it to the public and prices dropped to zero)

Steam Trading cards as a whole still has some kinks that should be worked out.
Definitely needs to be more incentive to grab foils. Whether it's more XP or something else.
You're better off giving the foils to Steam Trading Card Bots and using the credits to grab some more expensive regular cards which'll actually sell.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Guys, if this Humble Weekly is the Focus bundle and not the X bundle, that would kind of make sense. This Humble Bundle is the 9th one, so the next one is the 10th one. Roman numeral for 10 is X. Humble Bundle X = X bundle?

The only thing about that is that the Humble Bundles have never been a developer bundle, have they? Just the Humble Weeklys from what I remember.

Turfster

Guys, if this Humble Weekly is the Focus bundle and not the X bundle, that would kind of make sense. This Humble Bundle is the 9th one, so the next one is the 10th one. Roman numeral for 10 is X. Humble Bundle X = X bundle?
I like the way you think.
The only thing about that is that the Humble Bundles have never been a developer bundle, have they? Just the Humble Weeklys from what I remember.
Well, it's weekly rollover time in... less than 2 hours.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
It's not only those two, what about games like terraria, papers please, volgarr, etc (all of them 10$).
Different games have different price points, and a lot of variables are taken into account when the developer sets that price. Perfection and Hexcells are both $3...but you don't think every "indie" game should be that cheap, right?
Besides, Volgarr is $12. It has a first-week discount that isn't even applicable if you buy directly from the devs. I suppose you could have backed their kickstarter to get it for $10 too, but you could have done the same with Valdis Story so I assume that doesn't count.

There are numerous examples of wonderful games that came out at reasonable price (and by companies who have made quality games before). 15$ for a game by two people sitting at home who have never made a game before in their life seems a little bit ridiculous.
Now this is just incorrect. Come on. :/

Not as lucky as some, though! I've seldom bothered to idle in cards since the Summer Sale ended; most are next to worthless even hours after they've gone live.
Yeah, the market crashed and never go back up, it's easier for me to get badges.

I got one for Portal 2 and I was pissed I couldn't sell it. I want my 20 cents!

(What is it supposed to do anyway?)
Why couldn't you sell it?

valouris

I haven't gotten any foils ever either, neither have I gotten any booster packs, despite having depleted plenty of games of drops. I am currently trying to reach lvl 20 making badges for games I care about to get xp, and selling dupes and cards from games I don't care about as much. Still don't know if it's worth it, I could have gained plenty of money otherwise. Oh well.

Nabs

Verdun Beta just went up for Early Access for $13.49

September - Early Access launch (3 maps). Steam API integration (leaderboards, achievements, cloud saving etc.)
October - Bugfixes, performance improvements, working on new maps.
November - 5 maps ready. Official launch.
December - Another substantial update, at least 1 additional map and most likely 2 additional squads.
2014 - regular bugfixes and other improvements.”

header.jpg

Speaking of cards, The Showdown Effect just got some.

The Free Weekend is coming up. It's a good game, I might have to put some more time into it.

Tizoc

What're the chances XB1 games can eventually be released on Steam? Cuz I'd love to get Crimson Dragon, but mi country is not among the countries that'll have XB1 working for them @3@

EDIT: Also how's Ironclad Tactics? I'm liking the art of it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What're the chances XB1 games can eventually be released on Steam? Cuz I'd love to get Crimson Dragon, but mi country is not among the countries that'll have XB1 working for them @3@

What are the chances of multiplatform games coming to other platforms, specially the PC which is considered neutral territory, when game production values are going up with each generation, taking into consideration that we're coming from a generation that noticed that they could port shit to PC for cheap and make a quick cash on those sales alone?

I don't know, I don't make those decisions. What else do you want to know about the future?

def sim

Specifically for Crimson Dragon? I wouldn't expect it, but it's not impossible. It's a Microsoft owned IP, though that's never stopped them from bringing a game to Steam anyway. See State of Decay for instance.

Tenrius

Ugh, I don't remember how many foils I got. Got two from Brutal Legend, sold them for like $40 in total. There were two or three others I got from random drops, plus one from a booster pack, but they weren't worth much.

Grief.exe

EDIT: Also how's Ironclad Tactics? I'm liking the art of it.

It is certainly possible.

Crimson Dragon is an upcoming rail shooter video game for the Xbox One, to be published on Xbox Live Arcade.

Microsoft has allowed their published XBLA titles to be released on PC if the developer wishes to do the port.

Turfster

Ugh, I don't remember how many foils I got. Got two from Brutal Legend, sold them for like $40 in total. There were two or three others I got from random drops, plus one from a booster pack, but they weren't worth much.

Jelly. My Brutal Legend foil dropped right before the opening, and eventually sold after the summer sale for like, 1$

Tizoc

Specifically for Crimson Dragon? I wouldn't expect it, but it's not impossible. It's a Microsoft owned IP, though that's never stopped them from bringing a game to Steam anyway. See State of Decay for instance.

It is certainly possible.

Microsoft has allowed their published XBLA titles to be released on PC if the developer wishes to do the port.

Mark of the Ninja was published my Microsoft too right?

Grief.exe

Mark of the Ninja was published my Microsoft too right?

Yes.

Same with State of Decay, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Toy Soldiers, and so many more.

They may change that policy for the XB1, but I have the feeling Microsoft doesn't place too much value in their indies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom