• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How is Cognition working for people who own some but not all of the season through previous indie bundles? I believe I own episodes 1 and 2.

Turfster

List of Pirate stuff
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Zombie Pirates
  • Kaptain Brawe
  • Space Pirates and Zombies
  • Woody Two-Legs
  • Port Royale 3
  • Risen 2
  • Monkey Island 1, 2, Tales
  • Jolly Rover
  • Sid Meier's Pirates
  • Patrician IV
  • Age of Booty

r3n4ud

How is Cognition working for people who own some but not all of the season through previous indie bundles? I believe I own episodes 1 and 2.

I just activated my keys for episode 1 and 2 through indie game stand. I guess they'll sale the episodes separately?

nexen

lol
ufLyife.png

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Risen 2 DLC is not discounted. The Gold Edition of the game, which includes the DLC, is. The Regular Edition of the game is.

I already have regular Risen 2.

That is some bullshit.

Baha

They've stated individual keys for anybody who owned ep 1 or 2 (ep 2 owners get ep 1 for free apparently) plus a discount for the season pass containing eps 3-4. Lemme find the post.

Found it:

UPDATE: Steam Keys for Single Episode Purchases, PLEASE READ!
Hello again everyone,

First, I want to say thanks for the feedback we’ve gotten on this situation. We took this back to Valve to see if there were better options available, and the good news is that we were able to find a situation that will work for everyone.

For those who have bought single episode in bundles or on our store, we WILL be able to provide keys to single episodes! These single episodes will be available when we launch on Steam, and we’ll be working with the bundle sites where the episodes were purchased(IGS, IndieRoyale, Groupees, etc) to get those keys to you. As well, we are sorry about the confusion and aggravation this caused, so we’ll be setting up those keys to include Episode 1 on Steam for everyone who bought any episode in a bundle, whether that was included or not.

Of note, these keys are only for people who purchased individual episodes elsewhere—the game will still only be available for purchase as a full Season on Steam. And we will still be offering discount codes for the full Season Pass on Steam to anyone who owns individual episodes as well!

Thank you everyone for your patience while we worked this out, and again, if you have any other questions or concerns, please email me at katie@postudios.com.

Thanks,
Katie & Phoenix Online

source: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/92915746/846963165461519951/

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I am also confused.

Age of Booty for $1.25 though.

One of the best "The Developer came by with a preview build of the game" videos by giantbomb:

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/age-of-booty-preview-ish/2300-46/

Yarrrr, you'd best start believin' in themed daily deals now, they're in one!
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Talk_Like_A_Pirate

Ha, I'm only missing 3 games: Woody Two-Legs: Attack of the Zombie Pirates, Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World and Port Royale 3.

Goddamn sales and indie bundles.. :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
CyL is exactly the right person to choose as a pirate mascot. He's got basically no morals, he's totally badass, you better believe he'd cut your head off with a sword, he looks like a skull with some black felt thinly stretched over him. Very good choice Valve, nice to know you guys still know where you came from.

Fox318

I won a game. Time to return the favor

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:
header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Puzzel Agent -- MB-3B6BD3A959922A4A - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 4 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-000C3976C9B6E773 - Taken by schwupp. 1 entrants total.
Portal -- MB-89DCC085AF5FB53F - Taken by AsylumX. 6 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-A3C0097860338A20 - Taken by Pestilence11. 6 entrants total.
Deus Ex -- MB-39B50A7E6FE8D697 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 41 entrants total.

t1379699507z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's not only those two, what about games like terraria, papers please, volgarr, etc (all of them 10$). There are numerous examples of wonderful games that came out at reasonable price (and by companies who have made quality games before). 15$ for a game by two people sitting at home who have never made a game before in their life seems a little bit ridiculous.
I don't think the value of a game should be measured in terms of development team size or track record. The only thing that should matter is the quality of the game itself, and/or the amount of content it has. But that's me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom