• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

I played The Showdown Effect for a bit, because I launched it for cards and was curious, and it was sort of mediocre. Basically, it seems they just took the weapon combat from Magicka and put it into 2D. Said combat wasn't particularly good in that game and it feels just as weird in this one, or maybe I'm missing something.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not sure if I'm LttP or just wrong, but I activated my Steam key for Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller Episode 1 from IndieGameStand, and it activated the entire season on Steam (as best I can tell).

I'm guessing that anyone who bought an episode of this as part of bundle will be getting a key for the entire season.

Or, more likely, is that it only activated a single episode. Meaning there is no "upgrade path" for me to purchase the other episodes. Well - that sucks.

Storm360

Sorry again for the awful giveaway,

Killing floor are Guest Pass only, and allow the full game for a small amount of time, please don't expect it to be the full game

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45 -- MB-47BD0BF415A86F27 - Taken by Blablurn
Red Orchestra 2 GOTY -- MB-8894BEB53A97C9B6 - Taken by xBlain
Killing Floor GUEST PASS #2 -- MB-ED3F706D97FB9B7C - Taken by Pakkidis
Killing Floor GUEST PASS -- MB-FD3F89B879925734 - Taken by Purkake4

r3n4ud

Not sure if I'm LttP or just wrong, but I activated my Steam key for Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller Episode 1 from IndieGameStand, and it activated the entire season on Steam (as best I can tell).

I'm guessing that anyone who bought an episode of this as part of bundle will be getting a key for the entire season.

No sir. I activated the key as well. When you start the game it shows you what episodes you're missing.

I activated episodes 1 and 2. I can buy 3 and 4 with 75% off

FOX_

Neo Member
So I found this unofficial patch for Risen 2., which I haven't tried myself. I'll be getting back to this game with it in a few months.

The game has a unique setting, some cool characters, and really nice quest design. While any fan of Gothic 2 or Risen 1 would be vociferous in their shock over this being a step down in terms of combat and exploration, it's still better at that RPG feeling of being dropped into a world than almost any current RPG out there.

As far as eurojank RPGs go, it's low on bugs. The terrible melee combat and the removal of RIsen's awesome climbing system are the remaining flaws if this patch works as intended, and you can mitigate the former issue by avoiding melee as much as possible by speccing for voodoo or rifles.

This isn't exactly on the same level as people being pleasantly surprised by Divinity 2 recently... but I wanted to get a positive take on the game out there now that it's on sale again. It isn't nearly the disaster vanilla Gothic 3 is, for example.

That's music to my ears. I couldn't really take much more of Risen 1...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No sir. I activated the key as well. When you start the game it shows you what episodes you're missing.

I activated episodes 1 and 2. I can buy 3 and 4 with 75% off

That's a very bizarre way of doing it. When I try to add the whole season to my cart now, it says I have to buy it as a gift.

Oh well - I guess I'll idle the cards out of it and be done with it.

Turfster

I kinda wish the humble bundle guys would check their sales list before sending out the info to their newsletter. I just got an email saying the X bundle was up. Yes, I know. I bought it over an hour ago.

Edit: No groupees keys for Cognition yet, I guess?

r3n4ud

That's a very bizarre way of doing it. When I try to add the whole season to my cart now, it says I have to buy it as a gift.

Oh well - I guess I'll idle the cards out of it and be done with it.

Strange indeed. I'll be waiting until episodes 3 and 4 reach IndieGameStand or another indie bundle before I play it anyways. No rush.

jshackles

Strange indeed. I'll be waiting until episodes 3 and 4 reach IndieGameStand or another indie bundle before I play it anyways. No rush.

Same here - I'm playing through Final Fantasy VII for the first time since 1999 so even my "backlog" is on hold. :)

Very strange that there isn't a separate App for each episode, I guess they wanted to save us from a Back To The Future episodic-content-filling-our-gamelist scenario.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
CyL is exactly the right person to choose as a pirate mascot. He's got basically no morals, he's totally badass, you better believe he'd cut your head off with a sword, he looks like a skull with some black felt thinly stretched over him. Very good choice Valve, nice to know you guys still know where you came from.
But... near the end of the 2012 Summer Seal, after he burned Fort Friendship, he looked pretty sad because of what he had done. Maybe it was loneliness, maybe he regretted ruining Tappet's and Sir Roderick's fun, but whatever it was he seemed genuinely miserable and remorseful.

He may be a little harsh or ill-tempered, but deep down I believe he's not a bad guy.

Guys nothing to do with steam but I need help, I want to buy something from Origin but everytime I went to the "checkout page" nothing happens, it seems that there's an issue, does anyone with Origin can confirm this?

Thank you

Grief.exe

Guys nothing to do with steam but I need help, I want to buy something from Origin but everytime I went to the "checkout page" nothing happens, it seems that there's an issue, does anyone with Origin can confirm this?

Thank you

Just buy from GMG or Amazon, will activate on Origin just the same.

Jawmuncher

Thank you

Mine is fine. Most I can suggest is chatting with a representative.
They can add the game to your cart or purchase it for you. I had to do this recently to redeem a game.

jshackles

I just updated Enhanced Steam for Chrome to version 4.7.1 - this release just addresses a few bugs and doesn't add any features.

• Fixed several bugs with new price history code - it no longer displays on free or F2P games, and no longer displays "undefined" instead of "Activates on Steam"
  • Fixes Port Royale 3 Four Pack split which was not previously detected.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Thank you

https://twitter.com/OriginInsider/status/380767798437244929

Origin
‏@OriginInsider

Some people are unable to make purchases or redeem codes on Origin. We are aware & working to resolve this. We appreciate your patience.

Also, Origin had maintenance yesterday. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with that.

Sajjaja

So what are the X games? I've only heard but never bothered to look into them. What makes them so good and whats the gameplay like? Also, is the above $6 tier necessary or add anything of value?

Mugatu

Thank you

Have you tried using the Origin website instead of the client? Might work there.

Pakkidis

I just updated Enhanced Steam for Chrome to version 4.7.1 - this release just addresses a few bugs and doesn't add any features.

• Fixed several bugs with new price history code - it no longer displays on free or F2P games, and no longer displays "undefined" instead of "Activates on Steam"
  • Fixes Port Royale 3 Four Pack split which was not previously detected.

Any word on firefox update

jshackles

I have a new version that was sent to Mozilla yesterday. It was reviewed last night but the reviewer encountered an error in the javascript console while doing *something* on Steam so they didn't "fully certify" it.

I'll be working on an updated version, but I'm going to have to test the hell out of it because as we know there are about 1,000 pages on Steam the reviewer could have tried to access to get the error message.

In the mean time, you can install version 4.1.1 manually using this link:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/versions/

Here's a quote from the pm jshackles sent me when I asked him.

Firefox has been tricky in the past - the code usually has to be (mostly) re-written from the Chrome version. So it usually takes between 2-3 weeks for new features to be added, and then (typically) another week or more for Mozilla to approve the extension code and publish it.

I'm working on a process now that will standardize the code between Chrome and Firefox so that they can both be created at the same time. Once that process is finished, they'll be on the same version and released at the same time (though it'll still take Mozilla about a week to approve it).

Mugatu

Yup, I tried it from Firefox, IE, Chrome, and nothing works bro!

Well I just checked in the client and I could get to my cart but from there when I click "Proceed to Checkout" the final time it never loads for me either so I guess they do have a problem.

Well I just checked in the client and I could get to my cart but from there when I click "Proceed to Checkout" the final time it never loads for me either so I guess they do have a problem.

Yup, that's the problem that I have, but it seems that they're fixing the issue!

Pakkidis

I have a new version that was sent to Mozilla yesterday. It was reviewed last night but the reviewer encountered an error in the javascript console while doing *something* on Steam so they didn't "fully certify" it.

I'll be working on an updated version, but I'm going to have to test the hell out of it because as we know there are about 1,000 pages on Steam the reviewer could have tried to access to get the error message.

In the mean time, you can install version 4.1.1 manually using this link:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/versions/

Thank you for all your hard work, I can not browse Steam website without it. You did some fantastic work.

jshackles

Thank you for all your hard work, I can not browse Steam website without it. You did some fantastic work.

Thanks! If you are using version 4.1.1 and encounter any bugs, let me know! It may help me get it certified faster. :)

Cool. Like it was mentioned though, you might want to check Amazon. I think they sell Origin keys for every Origin games and often for cheaper.

Yup, I've checked on amazon but there's no discount in the DLC that I want (NFS Most Wanted), but thank you for the info my friend :)

Wok

Thanks for FEZ Wok! :D

You are welcome.

Here is another giveaway for these who missed my previous one. Some games are still available.

ModBot said:
To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-EF710D93CFFC8D61
Trine 2 -- MB-7956E954A9D42D04
Bastion -- MB-5107479444B671F2
Rocketbirds -- MB-2CD1D0E62CB5B025
Eets Munchies -- MB-C3E85441334BB631
FTL -- MB-6AFFDA04BADB08AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom