• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Also, I'm curious where I can see the X-Bundle at (can't find a link). Also, how do you guys find out about all these different bundles?

By now, I basically know/get notified when the different bundle suppliers will change/offer something new.
Speaking of which: the Indie Gala Flashpoint Happy Hour is currently on. (Pay once for 2-4 gift copies)

Man, the X Rebirth soundtrack is amazing. The station announcements are pretty funny too.

Ive been getting a lot of keys, seemed only fair :D

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

X Humble Bundle- -- MB-6F6B8E2671CF112A - Taken by Scipius. 18 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for X Humble Bundle- was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1379621344z1.png

Do we know what games we will getting fellow GAFfer? Might have missed the news, thanks in advance.

From here

Tier 1 - Minimum $1

- Retention + OST (Desura + Greenlight)
- Bob Came in Pieces (Steam + Desura)
- Micy Roll (Desura)
- Beep (Steam + Desura)
- Plith (Desura)
- Mysterious Game (Steam) - It will be announced second week

Tier 2 - Minimum $3.5 to unlock

- Clones (Steam + Desura)
- Bridge It (Desura + Greenlight)
- The Polynomial - Space of the music (Steam)
- Ittle Dew (Steam)
- Mysterious Game (Steam) - It will be announced second week

Plus you will get OSTs and artworks of some games as bonuses. Also top contributors will get great prizes.

Lets get steam back on the main page!

ModBot said:

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Yumsters 2: Around The World -- MB-00A6EF181B53C838 - Taken by alr1ght
Ignite -- MB-E0CED9BD9B905C1A - Taken by nightstorm
Killing Floor Bundle -- MB-83C13AD74DB531FB - Taken by Purkake4
Red Orchestra -- MB-41EAA133D055370E - Taken by RS4-
Musaic Box -- MB-E105E92D8AF734EA - Taken by Leviathin25
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition -- MB-8982FE44329C9863 - Taken by sapsari
Red Orchestra 2 -- MB-3BED9E1C31D6CDA3 - Taken by Kuroyume
Saira #2 -- MB-9680CE69BB4078BD - Taken by chiym1992
Saira #1 -- MB-91D30F27D6E1FBD0 - Taken by Ingueferroque
Hammerfight #2 -- MB-4565A627403C32D0 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Hammerfight #1 -- MB-15ADBBCFF24349E9 - Taken by MNC

Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed: I should have bought this game before, it's fun and is a big improvement over the previous game. I was surprised to see the game running in my crap laptop, of course it's not running in 1080p with 60fps. ;)

The gameplay is solid but I still need to get used maneuvering the boats and planes, but I'm doing fine so far. Other positive point are the racing tracks, seeing it changing during the course of the race is a nice experience and again it's a great improvement over the previous game. The exclusives PC characters appears to be very fun, I've been playing with General Winter he makes me laugh with his lines.

I can see myself spending a lot of time with this game, especially to unlock every piece of content.

Screenshots:

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well the bad guys in X3 Reunion are called the kha'ak, so when doing the story missions you get to hear dudes say things like:

"I've got cock on my tail"
"oh my god, so many cocks"
"I can't shake this cock"

And so forth.
If this is true, it may very well be the best game ever made just for that.

Grief.exe

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

The Astronauts has released four in-game screenshots from the first few minutes of its upcoming title, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. The team does not plan to have any cut-scenes in the game, meaning that these screenshots all derive from actual gameplay. And it looks surprisingly amazing with high-resolution textures, open-world environments and beautiful forests.

In The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, you play as Paul Prospero, an occult detective who receives a disturbing letter from Ethan Carter and realizes that the boy is in grave danger. When Paul arrives in Ethan’s home of Red Creek Valley, he realizes things are even worse than he imagined. Ethan has vanished in the wake of a brutal murder, which Paul comes to see might not be the only murder to investigate. Using both regular and supernatural detective skills, Paul must figure out what happened to the missing boy.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter will be played via a firs-person perspective, in which players will be able to explore and interact with the environment in order to discover the truth. Paul has a supernatural gift that allows him to visualize the final moments of anyone who’s been murdered. The more clues players discover, the clearer and longer Paul’s vision.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is currently being developed for the PC, but the team hopes to port it on next-gen consoles at a later date.

Enjoy!

TVoEC_ScreenShot_01.jpg

TVoEC_ScreenShot_02.jpg

TVoEC_ScreenShot_03.jpg

TVoEC_ScreenShot_04.jpg

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-vanishing-of-ethan-carter-looks-surprisingly-amazing/

The_Monk

That game is looking really good and interesting fellow GAFfer. I do hope they release for next-gen consoles too. Loving the relaxing colors on those screenshots.

Just bought La-Mulana with card money, not gonna play today though.

Anyway I got gifted a copy of Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 on here a couple of weeks ago. The game also gave me two guest passes (which give access to the full game for a limited time) to gift. So if anyone wants one of those let me know or add me on steam. I don't know how long they activate the game for though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, Steam's support is kinda bad. Basically they told me "oh well go to these pages or our community pages for support." When all I want a refund if Infinity Ward/Activision can't make their own title boot-up without having to put something in your Mic/Headphone ports. :/

(Yes, I solved it, but it's the principal of the matter of what is a stupid workaround)

Sullichin

This might have been posted already... Saw on slickdeals that Batman Arkham Origins preorder is $35 on GMG until Tuesday, use code: TAREM-LL4F4-NEKOG

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This might have been posted already... Saw on slickdeals that Batman Arkham Origins preorder is $35 on GMG until Tuesday, use code: TAREM-LL4F4-NEKOG

You may also be able to snipe codes for the game off eBay for about $25

Copons

Indeed. While the remake of 1 is rather rough around the edges, the remake of 2 is godlike.

If only they didn't completely remove, even from "classic version", iMUSE from MI2 (and worse, mixing volumes of ex-iMuse effects somewhat randomly, like the crows on the gate of the graveyard), that was really really a huge technical improvement... :(

jediyoshi

Womp
ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

header_292x136.jpg

Mirror's Edge -- MB-FC5ED6EAE224302A

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
oh god, the x bundle... must resist temptation... must not get things I won't play when reunion is out...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Got Rocketbirds, thanks. :)

Adam Sessler made a hilarious review video for X3 at G4TV but it seems impossible to find.
Totally off-topic, but man, your avatar always reminds me of Jeff Lynne (ELO's frontman). I mean, just look at him:

JeffLynne.jpg

Every time I look at your avatar I can totally imagine him singing "Telephone line".

Well, Steam's support is kinda bad. Basically they told me "oh well go to these pages or our community pages for support." When all I want a refund if Infinity Ward/Activision can't make their own title boot-up without having to put something in your Mic/Headphone ports. :/

(Yes, I solved it, but it's the principal of the matter of what is a stupid workaround)
If it's anything like the BioShock problem, you should try enabling Stereo Mix from the sound options. You may have to update your audio drivers before doing that.

Turfster

Yes it is...This bundle also has discount, but I'll wait for a better deal: Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack $8.75

Eh, I wasn't a big fan of the Telltale Monkey Island games.
They missed the fun and flavor of the first 2 (3 if I'm generous) original games, and had way too much stupid padding content, like the damned mazes...

If only they didn't completely remove, even from "classic version", iMUSE from MI2 (and worse, mixing volumes of ex-iMuse effects somewhat randomly, like the crows on the gate of the graveyard), that was really really a huge technical improvement... :(

True, but I understand why they did it.
People want "full orchestral quality" these days, and it would be really hard to do something iMuse-like for not too much money that would sound good.

Copons

True, but I understand why they did it.
People want "full orchestral quality" these days, and it would be really hard to do something iMuse-like for not too much money that would sound good.

I know, I know, but I think of all the people playing it for the first time, missing one of what were the core features of that game.

They could have used iMUSE original score for the classic version only.

Or they could have just given the choice to the player, as it's not that nowaday implementing a game with two audio tracks is all that expensive...

But anyway, fact is that if you want to play the real original version today, you're still bound to SCUMMVM, when they easily could have offered people something more.

This said, MI2 special edition is WAAAAAAAAAY better than MI1 and its horrible chara design.

Turfster

I know, I know, but I think of all the people playing it for the first time, missing one of what were the core features of that game.

They could have used iMUSE original score for the classic version only.
It wouldn't surprise me if nobody at Lucasarts still remembered how iMuse worked/had the code, and it's not like they could just take SCUMMVM's code for it. "Better to start from scratch", they probably thought.

Turfster

as long as it doesn't have such a shitty ending

well the PC version released with the DLC that supposedly made the ending better so maybe your experience was better than mine

Alan Wake was still a shitty action game getting in the way of what could have been an incredibly atmospheric thriller, and the DLC doesn't really fix the non-ending, so...

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

I put a link up to this interview a few pages back man, I'm guessing you didn't spot it since you put the Ethan Carter stuff up there, but if your interested in the game, you should give this a read. Gives some good info and links the excellent little prequel comic strip they made awhile ago for the game. Very excited about this one!

Click

MRORANGE

I think I might go on a GTA Marathon, GTA 1,3,4 will probably be the most tedious to play again, but the rest should be good, I've never played the Tales from Liberty City so that would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom