• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Oh god GTA1

- Has this weird banding when driving
- Colour scheme will scew up your eyes
- Very bad zooming with FOV with the colour scheme (vomits)
- Hit your car more than 5 times? KABOOM!
- Default text setting is so fast you can barely finish the first sentence of a paragraph before it goes away.
- Title screens looks like it was made with Word97 and Paint.
- This game is making me sick. I think it's the fullscreen 4:3 that's doing it.

Congrats GTA1 you're the 2nd game to give me nausea sickness since Sonic 3D.

Tomodachi

Extremely off topic but I figure someone might be interested: Crysis 3 is on sale for 9,99€ on Origin in Europe.
For the first time in my life I find myself weirdly compelled to buy something on Origin. I blame dat Origin Humble Bundle. Also Crysis 3 not being on Steam does not help.

Grief.exe

I remember playing GTA 1 way back in the day at my friends house. Freaking awesome. Sounds horrible now though.

I bought the game and my parents found the box. I got yelled at for a month.
The back of the box advertises killing hookers, selling drugs, and so forth

For the first time in my life I find myself weirdly compelled to buy something on Origin. I blame dat Origin Humble Bundle. Also Crysis 3 not being on Steam does not help.

I imagine it will show up on Steam once all of the DLC has been released.

Purkake4

Banned
The free Showdown Effect week(end?) is pretty cool. The game feels a bit floaty but weapons and stuff feels good. Reminds me a bit of Soldat from back in the day.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god GTA1

- Has this weird banding when driving
- Colour scheme will scew up your eyes
- Very bad zooming with FOV with the colour scheme (vomits)
- Hit your car more than 5 times? KABOOM!
- Default text setting is so fast you can barely finish the first sentence of a paragraph before it goes away.
- Title screens looks like it was made with Word97 and Paint.
- This game is making me sick. I think it's the fullscreen 4:3 that's doing it.

Congrats GTA1 you're the 2nd game to give me nausea sickness since Sonic 3D.
I never liked this game, nor the sequel. A friend once lent it to me when I was 10 or so, and I thought the controls were terrible and the game itself kinda boring. Then I downloaded the sequel for free from Rockstar's site and thought the same of it. I can only imagine how they must feel nowadays, and it's something I wouldn't like to experience.

I remember playing GTA 1 way back in the day at my friends house. Freaking awesome. Sounds horrible now though.

I bought the game and my parents found the box. I got yelled at for a month.
The back of the box advertises killing hookers, selling drugs, and so forth
Luckily my parent's weren't strict in that regard. Hell, my dad even downloaded the Duke Nukem 3D demo when I was 6.

yo jshackles enhanced steam didnt show me that i already owned jolly roger and the special edition of monkey island

i almost bought them again!

And yes I tried refreshing.

derExperte

10€ is probably my tipping point in this case but it wouldn't suprise me if you'll be able to get it for less from amazon.com during Christmas. Oh, NfS Most Wanted is 7,49€ here btw. While that game has huge problems (better search for threads with impressions before buying) that's an acceptable price as well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
yo jshackles enhanced steam didnt show me that i already owned jolly roger and the special edition of monkey island

i almost bought them again!

And yes I tried refreshing.

Weird. If you click on the individual game does it say "You already own Jolly Rover" like normal?

Also - they're going to be doing some server maintenance in about 9 minutes. So if you're in a game be sure to save and exit to be on the safe side.

MRORANGE

I never liked this game, nor the sequel. A friend once lent it to me when I was 10 or so, and I thought the controls were terrible and the game itself kinda boring. Then I downloaded the sequel for free from Rockstar's site and thought the same of it. I can only imagine how they must feel nowadays, and it's something I wouldn't like to experience.

Luckily my parent's weren't strict in that regard. Hell, my dad even downloaded the Duke Nukem 3D demo when I was 6.

GTA2 holds up a lot better than the first one, especially when you get into the second city and you start having to do weird missions for rednecks.

Weird. If you click on the individual game does it say "You already own Jolly Rover" like normal?

Also - they're going to be doing some server maintenance in about 9 minutes. So if you're in a game be sure to save and exit to be on the safe side.

Nope. Didn't show up green on the sale page, or on the individual game page.

Anything I can send you from my end to help you fix it?

derExperte

Did steam cancel the street fighter x tekken sale its been full price since 30mins after it went on sale >.<

According to the forum there they had a pricing error, was 88% off for a few minutes. Someone pulled the plug and then went home.

GTA2 holds up a lot better than the first one, especially when you get into the second city and you start having to do weird missions for rednecks.

GTA2 was indeed a huuuge step forward, loved that game and I wish some stuff would return like the gang system where they liked/diskliked you depending on the missions taken.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nope. Didn't show up green on the sale page, or on the individual game page.

Anything I can send you from my end to help you fix it?

If it doesn't give you the normal green bar on the game page, Valve doesn't have a record that you actually own that game and there isn't anything Enhanced Steam can do.

If you do, in fact, own the games and aren't getting the green bar with the "Play Now" button, you might open a ticket with Steam support to find out why those AppIDs aren't tied to your account.

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen this happen, but it's pretty rare. If you open Steam, are those games on your games list? Can you play them? Did you get them from SteamGifts or someone shady that might have gifted it from a different region?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If it doesn't give you the normal green bar on the game page, Valve doesn't have a record that you actually own that game and there isn't anything Enhanced Steam can do.

If you do, in fact, own the games and aren't getting the green bar with the "Play Now" button, you might open a ticket with Steam support to find out why those AppIDs aren't tied to your account.

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen this happen, but it's pretty rare. If you open Steam, are those games on your games list? Can you play them? Did you get them from SteamGifts or someone shady that might have gifted it from a different region?

Earlier today, no game in Steam was showing up as owned, through enhanced steam, to me. I figured they were having some server issues with the sales coming up and everybody refreshing at the same time.

A couple minutes later, everything went back to normal.

That's how I found out about it. I went in my library and searched for Jolly because I was pretty sure I got Jolly Rover in some shitty bundle. It's sitting there uninstalled, and I'm pretty sure I can play it whenever I want. Same with the Monkey Island 1 and 2 special editions. It might not be enhanced steam's fault, but it doesn't look like the AppIDs aren't not (fun double negatives!) tied to my account.

Maybe their IDs changed? Does that happen?

No region silliness that I'm aware of.

So after playing with my client a bit, it doesn't show that I own Jolly Rover on the store page there either but if I hit Buy, it says I already own it there.

I'm just going to chalk it up to a strange steam hiccup.

jshackles

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

B Game -- MB-74E28B21966AD5CD - Taken by Kipp

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for V Game failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

another game LH406-EGH3D-A7GKP

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
another game LH406-EGH3D-A7GKP

Thanks for giving away Bastion! I already had it though, so I'm re-gifting. Whoever wins, thank Leviathin!

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-74E28B21966AD5CD - Taken by OverHeat

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hey, how come there's no Sid Meier's Pirates! on my regional steam store (Brazil), but Steam Price Comparison gives me a price for it?

Mairu

ModBot said:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-83FC170DC03C5C40 - Taken by Spawn
Trine 2 -- MB-26112B70A71B3A6F - Taken by zerokoolpsx
Bastion -- MB-BF59825DC574A553 - Taken by Ingueferroque - Taken by Ingueferroque
FEZ -- MB-4E5C0388C6ACF4E8 - Taken by kurahador
FTL -- MB-68C1D4DD7702B2A2 - Taken by Tecl0n
LIMBO -- MB-7BB36CFAA7C3C3B1 - Taken by v0rtikal
extra HIB9 keys

Derrick01

Banned
So is anyone else somewhat excited for state of decay tomorrow? I think it might actually pull me away from GTA for a bit depending on how well it works.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got the same vibe, it looks like North West America. The Astronauts are actually located in Poland.

And here I was thinking they were located on the ISS. :p

Slightly off-topic but does JaseC know about this?

I do! I'm keeping my expectations low after the Scarlet Witch (Avengers 2) rumours fell short. (There were rumours that she actually passed on the role, which this rumour would explain, but I don't believe that.)

Edit:
Blueeyes_af
&#8226; 2 hours ago
Saoire Ronan irritates me for some reason, her face just kind of bothers me, I hope she's not in it.

vwolf02
&#8226; 4 hours ago
Sure, don't cast the pretty girl with big boobs rumored before that (forgot her name, red head), cast skinny ugly bitch instead!

0207_d54p.gif

JaseC is way ahead of you.

I'm surprised he didn't make that appreciation thread first,

Haha, I was tempted to, several times, but figured I'd leave it to someone else since I was worried that I'd just be talking to myself. ;)

koolaroo

Ok someone sell me on the X bundle. You guys were excited for weeks but I have no clue what these games are and why I should be excited (or if I should be). I couldn't seem to find any good videos on it either.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So is anyone else somewhat excited for state of decay tomorrow? I think it might actually pull me away from GTA for a bit depending on how well it works.

I'm excited for other people to buy it and confirm it isn't too janky. If it's alright, I'll be buying it.

RS4-

I was really excited about SoD, then I played it on 360 and was ehhh. Wasn't really a fan of how everything was put together.

Tenrius

Ok someone sell me on the X bundle. You guys were excited for weeks but I have no clue what these games are and why I should be excited (or if I should be). I couldn't seem to find any good videos on it either.

Do you like space sims?

The correct question would be: do you like economics-oriented space sims with very open-ended gameplay (as in, the game does not entertain you, you have to come up with entertaining ways to play it) and gigantic playable galaxies which have some sort a life of their own?

Tecl0n

The correct question would be: do you like economics-oriented space sims with very open-ended gameplay (as in, the game does not entertain you, you have to come up with entertaining ways to play it) and gigantic playable galaxies which have some sort a life of their own?

That was question number two. I had to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom