• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin.

Any recommendation in the current pirate daily deal? Only game I have from the list is Monkey Island. Thinking about Sid Meier's Pirates, but doesn't seem to be much in the way of mods to improve the ageing graphics.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any recommendation in the current pirate daily deal? Only game I have from the list is Monkey Island. Thinking about Sid Meier's Pirates, but doesn't seem to be much in the way of mods to improve the ageing graphics.

If memory serves, I had a lot of fun with Pirates! when I played it several years ago... well, except for the dancing mini-game.

state of decay is a fantastic game, i would love to play it on PC for the improved performance. i already have it on xbox though so i'll wait until a 50% off sale. it should really benefit from the technical limitations it had on xbox. well worth $20

Colin.

I've been vaguely trying to win Limbo to give to my wife (because I'm too big a wuss to play it myself. Can't handle scary games at all)

I PM'd you a spare.

If memory serves, I had a lot of fun with Pirates! when I played it several years ago... well, except for the dancing mini-game.

Hmm, I might take a chance on it, only £1.50 afterall. Never played the game at the time either, so I'd be going in blind.

Jzero

I've been vaguely trying to win Limbo to give to my wife (because I'm too big a wuss to play it myself. Can't handle scary games at all)

Scary? wtf, it's not even a scary game dude. I can't imagine you playing an actual scary game.

MRORANGE

Enjoy!

ModBot[/url] with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-7E3FA8F85BEAF4DE - Taken by Ingueferroque
Rocketbirds -- MB-3CD0CD7E4F6D8E91 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk

Here you go~

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-1501A0A658CCE5B4
Eets Munchies -- MB-C14D036BBEF3BDF6 - Taken by Infinite Justice
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-F92A2DD3385A5367 - Taken by AsylumX
LIMBO -- MB-E9BA44540B56EBBD - Taken by patochaos

JaseC

Scary? wtf, it's not even a scary game dude. I can't imagine you playing an actual scary game.

Yeah, I'd say the sequences with the spider are as close as the game gets to scary, but even then it's only an issue if you're arachnophobic.

MRORANGE

Spare random codes, please note I am not sure if the EA keys have been taken.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-C60AAA7BF009A9D6 - Taken by Atraveller. 1 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-0F8250219A8151AB
Mirror's Edge -- MB-B806D12DB242A373
Medal of Honor -- MB-2CDE8A9547B2F9A2
Eets Munchies -- MB-598448E7811B6C10 - Taken by Cth. 2 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise -- MB-883E106D39BC6609
Crysis 2 -- MB-B3D8BE318EECC55C
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-F75590332EE80135 - Taken by MechaGodzilla. 1 entrants total.

t1379641639z1.png

Freezard

The Monkey Island games are 75% off. Had em on my wishlist forever, but which one to get? Tales of Monkey Island or Special Edition?

inm8num2

The Monkey Island games are 75% off. Had em on my wishlist forever, but which one to get? Tales of Monkey Island or Special Edition?

Get MI and MI 2 SE, especially if you haven't played any of the MI games before. The way you can switch seamlessly between the remakes and originals is great.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Going to seriously start pestering everyone I know that works at Valve to try to get hired there.

Found out today that my current job is cutting all health benefits starting next year. Which, for me, means I gotta change jobs anyway.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey, how come there's no Sid Meier's Pirates! on my regional steam store (Brazil), but Steam Price Comparison gives me a price for it?

I had difficulty finding Pirates! in Canada a little while ago. I already own it so no big deal, but I couldn't find it on search. Very odd.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ok someone sell me on the X bundle. You guys were excited for weeks but I have no clue what these games are and why I should be excited (or if I should be). I couldn't seem to find any good videos on it either.
If you have no idea what it is, then I don't think you should be excited. Same goes for any other game, actually.

JaseC

Yeah... Maybe I should go with Argarest to show support for JP developers

I bought Agarest a day or two ago myself as the pre-purchase DLC is rather generous -- even if they're released individually at a buck a piece, that's $7 worth of content. Again, you can pick it up for 5 keys if you'd prefer to save a few bucks.

Momentary

Banned
Just bought Pac-Man with card money. Trying to install more games to get more cards to get those greenbacks. Hopefully I can buy Argarest with straight card money before it's release. If not I'll just dip into the old bank account. I'll probably buy keys with card money to trade.

Going to seriously start pestering everyone I know that works at Valve to try to get hired there.

Found out today that my current job is cutting all health benefits starting next year. Which, for me, means I gotta change jobs anyway.

damn man...hope it works out for you. Seriously doing amazing work.

Hey guys, was wondering if someone could toss me an invite to the steam group? My username on there is 1945418525518, message me if any other information is needed. Thanks in advance!

jediyoshi

I'm kind of salty against Valve locking new weapon skins, for the most part, behind a paywall. The next community map token is basically required in order to get the new weapon skin drops.

For the most part? Stattrak weapons are basically behind a paywall, skins are handed out like candy regardless of how much you throw at the game. If you're paying directly for a skin, it's because you're already buying it from someone else, not Valve.

For the most part? Stattrak weapons are basically behind a paywall, skins are handed out like candy regardless of how much you throw at the game. If you're paying directly for a skin, it's because you're already buying it from someone else, not Valve.

I'm talking about the release that JUST went live, new batch of skins, they won't drop unless you buy the bravo coin.

jediyoshi

I'm talking about the release that JUST went live, new batch of skins, they won't drop unless you buy the bravo coin.

Your sentence structure didn't make sense then. You were generalizing about all skins, otherwise you wouldn't have used the wording 'for the most part' and wouldn't have used that as a preface for the thing you then meant to talk about. Seeing as Valve made, aesthetic skins are being used as incentive to fund community content creators, this is a much more sustainable and friendly model than TF2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom