• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
sorry maybe this is already answered, what time will state of decay(alpha) be released?

Circa the store update in ~8 hours.

Someone posted a list of all DLCs that comes with the base game in the bundle

Edit: The minimum is one game, which costs $0.75. Great price for Train Sim :D

I also opted for the added Greenlight games, although I'd already upvoted them, so I think they've been in another bundle I've purchased in the past. Still, better safe than sorry!

Deques

I also opted for the added Greenlight games, although I'd already upvoted them, so I think they've been in another bundle I've purchased in the past. Still, better safe than sorry!

I didn't buy the other games, they weren't anything interesting at all. But I might regret on that later.

Btw, JaseC. Did you say that owners to Train Sim 2013 will get a free update to the 2014 edition?

The_Monk

GetGames had an Ubi bundle the other week, but only one or two of the games were Steam-redeemable. I actually dreamt recently that Ubi put up a publisher pack on Steam and Tintin was included; needless to say, I awoke disappointed. :(

I didn't even knew there was such bundle fellow GAFfer, must have missed that. I saw my little nephew playing Tintin on the 360, funny little adventure game, actually.

JaseC

I didn't buy the other games, they weren't anything interesting at all. But I might regret on that later.

Btw, JaseC. Did you say that owners to Train Sim 2013 will get a free update to the 2014 edition?

Yeah, in a sense: each year the devs release a new version, which replaces the previous one, same app id and all. Think Ravaged -> Ravaged: Zombie Apocalypse.

Dec

Are Origin keys from that Humble Bundle welcome for give aways? I'll never use them, but I assume they are all over the place.

Deques

Yeah, in a sense: each year the devs release a new version, which replaces the previous one, same app id and all. Think Ravaged -> Ravaged: Zombie Apocalypse.

The game got over 100 dlcs, it would be insane to buy them again for the new edition

Are Origin keys from that Humble Bundle welcome for give aways? I'll never use them, but I assume they are all over the place.

Feel free to give them away

JaseC

What happens to the achievements of the previous version?

That's a good question! I'm not sure. I'd assume that perhaps some achievements are added but it's ensured that the pre-existing ones can still be obtained (and remain unlocked if you've already done so).

Arthea

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-87D164B2767F94C5 - Taken by Timedog
FTL -- MB-770999759BE31460 - Taken by Atraveller
System Shock 2 -- MB-1FD3B0F9B41E66F0 - Taken by yoshizzle

little giveaway, as probably everybody already has those games, no rules.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Another big thanks to Toddhunter for La-Mulana. It's great! Really enjoying it.
Puzzle design is a bit weird at times, though.

EDIT: Almost forgot to post this -
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Limbo -- MB-51424986566AF8EF - Taken by Declarius
There are still some old Origin key's for Red Alert Uprising and Mirror's Edge available here. :p

Dec

They are fellow GAFfer, but most people already have it or, are not interested, to be honest.
Unless it's a BF3 Key :p

Alrighty.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Battlefield 3 (Origin) -- MB-7C3D70428A2F772B - Taken by RionaaM. 5 entrants total.

t1379680701z1.png

patochaos

Neo Member
ahh I dont have enough posts to participate in the giveaway and I want Limbo.

Im debating internally between posting just to get to the 5 limits, or wait and try to add content to the thread.

Decision decisions

JaseC

ahh I dont have enough posts to participate in the giveaway and I want Limbo.

Im debating internally between posting just to get to the 5 limits, or wait and try to add content to the thread.

Decision decisions

You've posted five times as of this post.

nacimento

So SteamGAF, how is Port Royale 3 and Patrician IV?

Patrician IV is quite fun, lacks a little variety though. Late game, when you have a big fleet and lots of money, there is not much to do.
Can't say anything about PR 3, only played the first one, which is excellent.

epaturun

Slowly but surely I'm learning the ways of Steam. So today it's Modbot, giving away the following, hope i've done right and then i'll post a few more keys

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Train Sim 2013 -- MB-7404F0B95AB7E94B - Taken by 28 Posts Later. 12 entrants total.

t1379681645z1.png

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I didn't realize Train Simulator used to be Railworks till I looked at all the DLC for the game. Is there a reason for the name change?
If I remember correctly, the guy's behind Railworks worked on the Train Simulator (not to be confused with Trainz) games from Microsoft. They couldn't use the same name, though. Now they can. Somehow.
I don't know why.
Choo-choo and all that jazz.

Maxwood

Its hard to contribute to this thread, who knows what's right to post or not.
That's the whole idea behind the anti-lurker rule. To make the give-away's available only to those who can overcome the challenge's of writing and often post "right stuff" in this thread.
And here I was, thinking the five post rule was generous. :p

JaseC

When in doubt, just post a Saoirse gif. :p The easiest way to contribute is to jump into an existing discussion or answer questions like "What does everybody think of [game x]?"

Arthea

That's the whole idea behind the anti-lurker rule. To make the give-away's available only to those who can overcome the challenge's of writing and often post "right stuff" in this thread.
And here I was, thinking the five post rule was generous. :p

It is generous, especially at sales time (><)

Nillansan

For those of you in UK (I am guessing that this applies to most of Europe as well) who are considering to pick up the Cognition Season Pass, there are significant savings to be had if you buy it directly through Phoenix Online. You will save around £5.00. It is US $20.00 (~ £12.50) versus £17.24 on Steam.

You will get Steam keys.

YAcvYxj.png

Maxwood

I have a lot of games in my steam library labelled with Prototype, when i click on them nothing happens, what are these?
Open world action adventures.
But seriously, could you show a screenshot? This sounds weird, my interest has been activated. I need to see it. :p

oipic

SteamGAF has seen many newcomers of late that have contributed positively, engaged in the (dare I say it) 'community' spirit of the thread, and had no problem nattering away and racking up five posts without doing so in a... blatant manner, if you know what I mean.

Oh, hey - on topic: can't believe I just added DLC Simulator 2013 to my library for 75 cents. 75 cents! PC gaming is a wonderful open-world sandbox to mess about in at the moment, even with spiffy new consoles looming etc.

Oh, hey - on topic: can't believe I just added DLC Simulator 2013 to my library for 75 cents. 75 cents! PC gaming is a wonderful open-world sandbox to mess about in at the moment, even with spiffy new consoles looming etc.

Forgive my ignorance as I'm at work, and can't access most links, but DLC simulator; what's that? Please tell me its a game about marketing and selling DLC, that would be fantastic.

oipic

Forgive my ignorance as I'm at work, and can't access most links, but DLC simulator; what's that? Please tell me its a game about marketing and selling DLC, that would be fantastic.

My apologies, it was a not-very-clever reference to Train Simulator 2013 (and its endless list of available DLC).

Copons

I have a lot of games in my steam library labelled with Prototype, when i click on them nothing happens, what are these?

Could they be Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight bundle prototypes?

I have them but I never actually even installed them, so I don't know about what is supposed to happen clicking on them. :D

Someone posted a list of all DLCs that comes with the base game in the bundle

Edit: The minimum is one game, which costs $0.75. Great price for Train Sim :D

I Googled "Railworks DLC Range" and that appears to be the London to Brighton DLC that comes with the game if you buy it on Steam. Not sure if the Munich-Augsberg DLC is also included in there somewhere.

Just bought some Pinball FX 2 tables at 66% off and i don't even like Pinball! They look gorgeous though and the atmosphere of some of those is just awesome! The Marvel + Star Wars tables especially are great fun so far!

You guys should check it out, it comes with 1 free Table (Sorcerer's somethingsomething) and you can try them ALL out for a limited time

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I do. "Hey guys, I'm only posting to reach the magical number 5!" is not right. Can't speak for everything else, because there's a whole lot of stuff that falls in the everything else category, some of which is right ("Look at how awesome RionaaM is"), another part of which isn't ("I've heard RionaaM isn't as awesome as he seems"), and yet another part of which is neither and is just off-topic talk ("So Teletubbies 2: Po's Maniacal Rampage - Director's Cut just released on Steam. Does anyone have any impressions, and is the Season Pack worth it?").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom