• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

So, anyone knows if RionaaM is an unlockable character in Teletubbies 2: Po's Maniacal Rampage confirmed or do I need to buy all DLCs to get him?

Seagoon

Anyone else in on the Starlight Inception early access? I want to like this game but ugh, it's so... soulless.

I know it's early days and all but actually playing the beta has killed any enthusiasm I had for it when I backed the kickstarter.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I Googled "Railworks DLC Range" and that appears to be the London to Brighton DLC that comes with the game if you buy it on Steam. Not sure if the Munich-Augsberg DLC is also included in there somewhere.

The Steam store sub comes with:

24010 Game Train Simulator 2013
208290 DLC Train Simulator 2013 - ICE3 Train
208288 DLC Munich - Augsburg (Munich-Augsburg Route Add-On)
208286 DLC Sherman Hill (Sherman Hill Route Add-On)
208280 DLC Railworks DLC range (London to Brighton Route Add-On)
65234 DLC RailWorks 3 Super Express Train DLC
24084 DLC Railworks UK LED Signals
24045 DLC Railworks TestTraK DLC

The retail sub comes with:

24010 Game Train Simulator 2013
208316 DLC Railworks 3 LegacyAssetsFoliage
208306 DLC Railworks 3 LegacyAssets US (US Loco & Asset Pack)

208286 DLC Sherman Hill (Sherman Hill Route Add-On)
208280 DLC Railworks DLC range (London to Brighton Route Add-On)
65232 DLC RailWorks 2 Northeast Corridor DLC (Northeast Corridor Route Add-On)
24086 DLC Railworks AssetPack01
24084 DLC Railworks UK LED Signals
24021 DLC RailWorks Isle of Wight Addon (Isle of Wight Route Add-On)

The three asset packs are missing from the Steam store sub for some reason, but they're included with Trains vs Zombies 2.

Nillansan

For those of you in UK (I am guessing that this applies to most of Europe as well) who are considering to pick up the Cognition Season Pass, there are significant savings to be had if you buy it directly through Phoenix Online. You will save around £5.00. It is US $20.00 (~ £12.50) versus £17.24 on Steam.

You will get Steam keys.

YAcvYxj.png

Okay, so I just placed an order, I didn't get a Steam key with the receipt, so I contacted support and got quick response. They are handling all the Steam keys manually for direct purchases, so expect a slight delay. Just a heads up.

epaturun

Could they be Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight bundle prototypes?

I have them but I never actually even installed them, so I don't know about what is supposed to happen clicking on them. :D

did some googling and looks like yes they are - they only show up on the client

I guess they are dead now - the only prototype that became full must be Costume Quest

Arthea

Arcanum is on gog sale again, now is your chance if you missed all previous!

So, anyone knows if RionaaM is an unlockable character in Teletubbies 2: Po's Maniacal Rampage confirmed or do I need to buy all DLCs to get him?

it's in mod only

epaturun

Is Modbot only for steam keys or can it be used to giveaway non steam key - e.g. I have a key for a game that is a direct download and with an installation key

JaseC

Is Modbot only for steam keys or can it be used to giveaway non steam key - e.g. I have a key for a game that is a direct download and with an installation key

You can give away non-Steam keys via ModBot, but just make sure they're clearly labelled as such.

So, you are sure it will be on steam? interesting!

No, sorry, I got my wires crossed with Anachronox. :(

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Aww yeah, Pac-Man DX+ ordered for just over £4.00 (gotta love GMG referrals) - can't wait to get my Pac-Man on!!!!.

Completely forgot this was coming in a few days.

Welp, this post made me preorder it too. $8 (with the 20% off voucher) sounds like a nice price for it.
Thanks for the inadvertent reminder, you two. Almost missed that voucher for the third time or thereabouts. (So I'm making this post in hopes that it'll remind someone else. You've got just under four hours.)

Arthea

No, sorry, I got my wires crossed with Anachronox. :(
I'm not sure it's great idea. I might feel compelled to play it again if it comes to steam, and what I remember about Anachronox mostly...it's really scary game.
I mean graphics, no worries (><)

JaseC

Thanks for the inadvertent reminder, you two. Almost missed that voucher for the third time or thereabouts. (So I'm making this post in hopes that it'll remind someone else. You've got just under four hours.)

Thanks for the reminder. I didn't realise a fair amount of DLC was included in the pre-purchase, and apparently I had Earth 2160 sitting in my GMG library, which I was able to trade in for 50c of credit.

JaseC

I loved that game.
Is this the best Quake II engine game, or can anyone think of anything better?

I've not played it, but id Tech 2 had its fair share of awesome games back in the day: Heretic II, Kingpin, Sin, and Solider of Fortune come to mind, though Sin in particular I recall being very buggy prior to being patched.

Knurek

I've not played it, but id Tech 2 had its fair share of awesome games back in the day: Heretic II, Kingpin, Sin, and Solider of Fortune come to mind, though Sin in particular I recall being very buggy prior to being patched.

Yeah, IIRC in the unpatched game quicksaving took up to 5 minutes.

neoemonk

Street Fighter X Tekken on sale? Hmm, very tempting. Anyone know if a PS3 fight stick works on PC?

Edit: apparently not on sale? Read earlier that it was.

JaseC

Yeah, IIRC in the unpatched game quicksaving took up to 5 minutes.

The most egregious bug I can remember is one in a later level that would cause the game to crash when moving into a newly-opened area. Nothing in particular would trigger it -- you'd just be moving down a corridor or some such and moments later the game would spit the dummy.

Street Fighter X Tekken on sale? Hmm, very tempting. Anyone know if a PS3 fight stick works on PC?

Edit: apparently not on sale? Read earlier that it was.

Somebody screwed up and applied the discounts a week early, I think. The game was erroneously 88% off (though DLC only 66% off, as intended) for a few minutes before the discounts were removed, and while the news post is still listed on the main news page, the permalink leads nowhere.

Anyone else in on the Starlight Inception early access? I want to like this game but ugh, it's so... soulless.

I know it's early days and all but actually playing the beta has killed any enthusiasm I had for it when I backed the kickstarter.

I didn't enjoy the 30 minutes or so I put into it. I'll check in on it as it gets closer to release, but "soulless" is a good way to describe it. Are they seriously calling the player "Nugget"? Yeesh

Is there a Train Simulator 2013 Bundle going on somewhere? The first page of SteamGifts is filled with it.

Arthea

I really hope that localized Steins;Gate comes to steam, not announced yet, but it simply has to. It's too good VN not to be released everywhere.

kulapik

I've been lately addicted to Spacechem. Well, I'm not playing it on Steam, but on my Android phone (5", and still looks a bit small). It looks harder than it is, do you have to break your mind to get most of the puzzles, but it is very fun.

Also, yesterday I finally downloaded Sleeping Dogs. Expecting to play it this weekend with my Xbox controller.

I've been lately addicted to Spacechem. Well, I'm not playing it on Steam, but on my Android phone (5", and still looks a bit small). It looks harder than it is, do you have to break your mind to get most of the puzzles, but it is very fun.

Also, yesterday I finally downloaded Sleeping Dogs. Expecting to play it this weekend with my Xbox controller.

good taste...both are awesome.

Spacechem in small chunks though, some of those puzzles are fucked.

I really hope that localized Steins;Gate comes to steam, not announced yet, but it simply has to. It's too good VN not to be released everywhere.

We got two(?) visual novels in the last batch of Greenlit titles, Higurashi and Long Live the Queen so we can hope for more quality VN being released on Steam.

duppolo

i love staker and metro games...open worlds or narrative games with a wonderfull setting, that i cant appreciate in the same way in the modern fallout games

My worry from back when I started reading the Ready Room updates is that the makers seem quite taken with military jargon and whatnot--a lot of care seems to be taken with ship designations and names, for example, and there was a bit of a to-do over remaking the logo because they wanted it to evoke the USAF without copying it too closely. Using the US military as a template for all your stuff and adding a lot of specific military trappings for verisimilitude is a valid approach, but it's not at all why I come to space sims--games like Wing Commander and Freespace gave you the vague sense that you were in a military but didn't beat you over the head with references to the not-quite-American-but-totally-American-military stuff. Starlight Inception's early stuff and the backer updates make me think it wants you to be in the U.S. Space Air Force/Navy.

These things can change, though. The actual gameplay seemed okay, and I was backing this to have a space sim on Vita, which is still totally happening. We'll see how it goes!

Hopefully this works, this is my first giveaway! This is a bit of a thank you to all of the pillars of the Steam community who post here on a regular basis. Although I'm a nervous nelly and don't post much, I lurk here just about everyday and love reading about new releases, great deals and mini reviews.

Good luck everyone!

"You win Thomas Was Alone!"

I won! Thanks so much Seagoon, you're a legend. Looking very forward to playing this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom