• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Bean

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-DD1211AEEF6FB1CE - Taken by super-famicom. 4 entrants total.

t1379683895z1.png

Had it left over from a humble bundle, only just noticed.

Turfster

Reading the stuff that got posted while I was asleep...
People that don't find GTA2 fun obviously never played it in multiplayer. It's still the best and most fun multiplayer game ever made.

For those of you in UK (I am guessing that this applies to most of Europe as well) who are considering to pick up the Cognition Season Pass, there are significant savings to be had if you buy it directly through Phoenix Online.
Sadly they don't have a 3-4 upgrade from what I can see.

Derrick01

Banned
They really did screw with this card drop rate didn't they? I put 30 minutes into idling gunpoint and didn't get anything.

At least the time played counted on my profile this time.

Turfster

They really did screw with this card drop rate didn't they? I put 30 minutes into idling gunpoint and didn't get anything.

I dunno, my cards still drop every 20 minutes like clockwork.
Did you ever multi-idle or use SAM to get the drops?

Derrick01

Banned
I dunno, my cards still drop every 20 minutes like clockwork.
Did you ever multi-idle or use SAM to get the drops?

Nope, neither of those. I just alt tab out like I always did.

A little while ago I actually played over an hour of Brutal Legend and didn't get anything then too, but that time also wasn't recorded on my profile so I thought it was just a temporary bug. Now they fixed the time but I'm still not getting drops.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Maybe they changed it so it requires you to play the game. I mean, if they could that that, they should.

Okay, so I just placed an order, I didn't get a Steam key with the receipt, so I contacted support and got quick response. They are handling all the Steam keys manually for direct purchases, so expect a slight delay. Just a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up! Do i just email their support with my ticket number etc and ask for a steam key?

I might just download the episodes from the link anyway not having a Steam key isn't that big of a deal to me. Excellent! More point & clickers for my backlog! :)

Turfster

A little while ago I actually played over an hour of Brutal Legend and didn't get anything then too, but that time also wasn't recorded on my profile so I thought it was just a temporary bug. Now they fixed the time but I'm still not getting drops.
Oh. That might be it, though.
I never alt-tab out of a game until I have all the drops for it. (I just switch to one of the 3 other devices on my desk)

Copons

Brutal Legend has been slow to me too.
But it may also be because it has tons of cards, so maybe it just seems to take forever to drop them all.

But it may also be because it has tons of cards, so maybe it just seems to take forever to drop them all.

Awesomenauts has been the same for me. I idled it for maybe a total of 3 hours, but still have 5 drops left. I gave up and uninstalled it since cards were going for around $.07. Maybe I'll idle again before the next holiday sale.

Copons

Awesomenauts has been the same for me. I idled it for maybe a total of 3 hours, but still have 5 drops left. I gave up and uninstalled it since cards were going for around $.07. Maybe I'll idle again before the next holiday sale.

IIRC Awesomenauts have a really fucked up drop time, confirmed by like anyone who tried to idle it for cards.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That would kill me with how many indie games support cards now.

It would teach you to stop buying shitty indie games (I measure 96% of all indie games rate as shitty) real fast and to not bother with bundles (great way to fill your game list with shit you will never play).

Or you know, just buy games you intend to play immediately and actually commit time to.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It would teach you to stop buying shitty indie games (I measure 96% of all indie games rate as shitty) real fast and to not bother with bundles (great way to fill your game list with shit you will never play).

Or you know, just buy games you intend to play immediately and actually commit time to.

Nah. I'd just rather run an .exe and cheat my way to what I'm owed.

Alasfree

I (actually) played it for roughly 3 hours and got all the cards, did it take much less at the start of the beta to drop all the cards?
I cant really remember.

derExperte

If Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken doesn't become significantly worse it could end up as a nice surprise. A Virus named Tom on the other hand stresses me out a bit.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I (actually) played it for roughly 3 hours and got all the cards, did it take much less at the start of the beta to drop all the cards?
I cant really remember.

Not really, no. During beta it was usually 20-30 minutes between drops which matches the 9 drops BL has right?

I bought the new CSGO community map token and apparently that made me eligible for new cards and I got one within 30 minutes of playing.

neoemonk

Somebody screwed up and applied the discounts a week early, I think. The game was erroneously 88% off (though DLC only 66% off, as intended) for a few minutes before the discounts were removed, and while the news post is still listed on the main news page, the permalink leads nowhere.

I see. Thanks. Might have to mess around with the fight stick this weekend and see if it works then.

MRORANGE

Reading the stuff that got posted while I was asleep...
People that don't find GTA2 fun obviously never played it in multiplayer. It's still the best and most fun multiplayer game ever made.

I might try and get my friends for a game if not try and revive it on gaf, considering it's free and all.

Turfster

I might try and get my friends for a game if not try and revive it on gaf, considering it's free and all.

The only problem with GTA2 is the incredibly bad network launcher thingy, where you have to do musical chairs to see which person serving can be seen by everyone else, but once you're past that, you're golden.

MRORANGE

The only problem with GTA2 is the incredibly bad network launcher thingy, where you have to do musical chairs to see which person serving can be seen by everyone else, but once you're past that, you're golden.

Yeah just started reading the wiki on multiplayer, might be hard getting friends from another country joining.

Fox318

reminder

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:
header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Puzzel Agent -- MB-3B6BD3A959922A4A
Bastion -- MB-000C3976C9B6E773
Portal -- MB-89DCC085AF5FB53F
LIMBO -- MB-A3C0097860338A20
Deus Ex -- MB-39B50A7E6FE8D697

t1379699507z1.png

chupon

sorry if this is posted somewhere but I could not find any information.

Is there any way to use modbot to give away origin keys? I have a few left over from that EA humble bundle.

Li Kao

Beginning to wonder if I ever will have cards, as I'm not so interested in them as to use sam, and as I don't know why every game I played these last weeks have been UBI ones ^_^

So while I slowed down on AC revelations because at high exposure it can get old fast, I bite on Rayman Legends. A not so brilliant move as I kind of hated the difficulty in the first one and the Rayman universe does nothing for me.
First, it's fucking gorgeous. Second, I played the first on Vita and IIRC there was camera problems (too far or too near), and here it is just perfect.
The game can still be infuriatingly hard at times, invasion levels mostly, but as I knew about that fact beforehand, that was in the deal and it don't annoy me as much as for the first one. And there is sort of a masochistic pleasure in retrying for the 30th time a run and looking for ways to grind some milliseconds.
Then the game is packed full of content, really insane. Tons of levels, tons of unlockables shits (well, it's a UBI game after all), and tons of levels from the first one. That would be a minus in my book, a good long game, ok, but in the case of Rayman Legend I fear an overdose effect.
Another funny thing with the game is it makes me fall in love and at the same time positively hate its music. I don't know for which game but I recall a reviewer rant about the music rebooting with each death, which was driving him mad. Same for me here, if you don't die too often it is not a big deal but in some levels, hearing the first notes of a score time after time is... an experience.
And while I was not really into the original game's score, and not into game music in general, more of a sound guy (come at me), there are some seriously brilliant moment music wise here. Between the bananas music levels and the fantastic james bond riff in the water world, this is something. I shouldn't be surprised if as I suppose there is Christophe Heral behind it.

(To ?) Hard, (to ?) long, but brilliant, very brilliant. Better, more refined than the first one, which was already very good.

PS. Anyone know if the first one is entirely included or just partly ? There seems to be an awful lot of levels back.

Turfster

Is there any way to use modbot to give away origin keys? I have a few left over from that EA humble bundle.

Modbot doesn't care what the key is. Just make sure you mention that it's an (Origin) key when adding it, so people don't think it's a steam key when they go for it.

Whools

Yep, Modbot will take any code, just be sure to mark them as origin by writing
Game Name (Origin): KEYGOESHERE

Nillansan

Sadly they don't have a 3-4 upgrade from what I can see.

They have the following option, Cognition - Season Upgrade - Episodes 3-4. I am quite sure that they will give you a Steam key, but try to contact them via Twitter, they are quite quick to respond.

Thanks for the heads up! Do i just email their support with my ticket number etc and ask for a steam key?

You need to forward your receipt and order number to support@postudios.com. Just let them know that you haven't received your Steam key. They seem to be working on an automated solution.

I have actually just received my key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom