• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Understood ;)

You could always do like me and wait until episodes 3 and 4 reach IndieGameStand or the other indie bundles. Only then shall I play the game.

As I said above, there's a (relatively) significant price disparity: the 3 + 4 upgrade is $11.25 on the official site but the Season Pass on Steam is discounted by 75% if you own the first two episodes, knocking it down to $7.49. You can't buy the latter at the moment, as noted earlier, but assuming the discount isn't a mistake, it'd be worth waiting for the sub to be fixed.

Waiiiiit.... is this the same train simulator that has like $100+ worth of DLC/trains to buy?

$2865.90 worth of DLC, to be precise!

Turfster

Understood ;)

You could always do like me and wait until episodes 3 and 4 reach IndieGameStand or the other indie bundles. Only then shall I play the game.

Ah, but see... I'm actually enjoying the game so far. It's well made, doesn't have bullshit puzzles and pretty good writing, so I wanted to get the rest of it. Looks like I won't be able to, unless they fix this shit.
Anyone with Twitter want to ask them if there's an ETA for fixing the Steam thing (or if they're even planning to)?

r3n4ud

As I said above, there's a (relatively) significant price disparity: the 3 + 4 upgrade is $11.25 on the official site but the Season Pass on Steam is discounted by 75% if you own the first two episodes, knocking it down to $7.49. You can't buy the latter at the moment, as noted earlier, but assuming the discount isn't a mistake, it'd be worth waiting for the sub to be fixed.!

Thanks Jase, didn't know that part.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oops...

ULmNf7U.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, but see... I'm actually enjoying the game so far. It's well made, doesn't have bullshit puzzles and pretty good writing, so I wanted to get the rest of it. Looks like I won't be able to, unless they fix this shit.
Anyone with Twitter want to ask them if there's an ETA for fixing the Steam thing (or if they're even planning to)?

One of the developers said about half an ago that he's contacted Valve to get the issue fixed.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
RE: idling

Weird, never have problems with idling. I simply ran Hamilton and alt-tabbed, got all drops.

Grief.exe

Where is State of DECAY!?

It will probably pop up in half an hour.

For some reason developers always update games at 10 Pacific, might be when the most traffic hits Steam to check the new deals. They can technically update at any time though, everything is done manually through the database.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Greg Coomer from Valve posted these mysterious symbols on his twitter yesterday.

https://twitter.com/gregcoomer/status/380878547188858880

https://twitter.com/gregcoomer/status/380879435726991360

https://twitter.com/gregcoomer/status/380879574159994880

Noticed this earlier. What does it mean?

It just means that they haven't set the correct name on their storefront. This is likely the activation text for issued Steam keys.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You know what would make sense? (I know there's a Steam Announcement thread, but I like it here more) If Valve made an Android-like approach to Valve Steambox.

What if they made a distribution of linux, with OpenGL drivers and (eventually, because all wishes come true) DirectX Wrappers and Steam Big Picture built in, and outsourced the actual hardware?

They could even commission a ideal SteamBox experience (kinda like the Nexus line of devices from Google) and sell that one through their store, but anybody could "license" SteamBox OS and release a machine with it built in.

Baha

Got some extras to give away:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Cognition: Episode 1 -- MB-A0FC3E9A4EE1C1BE - Taken by bornlivedie. 11 entrants total.
omegalodon -- MB-22AFC89B0435B1C2 - Taken by Turfster. 16 entrants total.

t1379695461z1.png

Grief.exe

You know what would make sense? (I know there's a Steam Announcement thread, but I like it here more) If Valve made an Android-like approach to Valve Steambox.

What if they made a distribution of linux, with OpenGL drivers and (eventually, because all wishes come true) DirectX Wrappers and Steam Big Picture built in, and outsourced the actual hardware?

They could even commission a ideal SteamBox experience (kinda like the Nexus line of devices from Google) and sell that one through their store, but anybody could "license" SteamBox OS and release a machine with it built in?

If you read between the lines, OpenGL + ARM support is the future for Steam.

jshackles

Whools

Hopefully the countdown go from 72 hrs, then 48 hrs, then 24 hrs for each icon respectively, so after the first finishes, the second begins etc. also the last image makes me think coop/multiplayer focused announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom