• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone notice some small changes to the client? It says "you've played" and "last played" near the play/install button. Also that annoying blue community hub button is now just in the link section. And they finally removed the blue "new" words.

Tellaerin

no escape

Salsa! Welcome back!

290581-rocoopwithrepob3i93.jpg

"Stay out of trouble."

Depends on what you like, really. According to Enhanced Steam, some of these are the lowest price they've been.
Have a gander. (This also includes some non-2K deals)

Apparently, the coupons GFDSEP20UK (UK/Europe) and GFDSEP20 (US) still work, too.

I hate it when you have the option to pay with paypal and then it refuses to work unless you add an f-in credit card...

I keep accidentally restarting my progress in Volgarr.

Oh well, I can get through the first level in like 6 minutes without being hit at this point so it doesn't take that long to catch up.

Purkake4

Banned
In case you actually believed it, it's not true. Fantomena seems to think HL3 jokes are funny (protip: they haven't been since 2008), so feel free to disregard any comments about that game until further notice.
I didn't see the thread when it first popped up and I do appreciate the HL3 internet shenanigans, so it's a net positive.

Papytendo

Man do I love Gamefly's 2K sale. Grabbed Bioshock Infinite, Darkness II, Mafia II, Spec Ops: The Line, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown for $32.52

Anyway, code drop.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-BCA03C0A1288E37B - Taken by PixyJunket
Eets Munchies -- MB-81CB088271B551B1 - Taken by Nabs
Limbo -- MB-DA45A4CFA1C9585D - Taken by MechaGodzilla

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Will I be better off playing Arkham Asylum/City before diving into Origins?

I'd recommend playing through Asylum but to hold off on City given Origins seemingly does very little to differentiate itself from it.

Edit: For some reason I'm assuming you have Origins pre-ordered. If not, then, sure, go for broke. ;)

JaseC

If WB follows in the footsteps of Sega and makes Arkham Asyum keys of both flavours retroactively Steam-redeemable due to GFWL's impending demise, I will shed tears of joy. Oh, and it'd be nice if City shared the same fate, for good measure and all that.

hwateber

Thanks for the advice guys! Was wondering I should grab the bundle off GMG or if I should try to snag the nvidia code off ebay. I think I'll go with the bundle since it's pretty cheap with the 25% off code

JaseC

Thanks for the advice guys! Was wondering I should grab the bundle off GMG or if I should try to snag the nvidia code off ebay. I think I'll go with the bundle since it's pretty cheap with the 25% off code

Be aware that the Nvidia codes don't include the pre-order DLC.

Guys, what the hell is Marlow Briggs? The description and pics on the store page are so cliché that it HAS to be a parody game... Right, guys?

I know this will probably have been discussed already, but I've been working non-stop this week and I just saw it for the first time.

Tomodachi

Damn, I'm REALLY tempted to get Brave New World and Bioshock Infinite for 13.42£ on gamefly. It's the lowest they are right now and they've ever been, right? Still, I'm not sure I'll be able to play any of them before Christmas, so Winter Sale could be as cheap as this or even lower. What say you GAF?

JaseC

Off the top of my head, the only paid DLC I've bought, actually played and concluded, "This was worth my money", is DE:HR's The Missing Link.

JaseC

Good one.
The Dishonored DLC for Daud was really worth the money too.

I'm waiting on Brigmore Witches to go on sale before playing through the Dishonored DLC, so I can smash through both mini-campaigns back-to-back. I also intend to play through Kingdom of Amalur's DLC at some point between now and Saoirse winning an Oscar.

JaseC

IMO it was overpriced on release.

I paid $7.50 for it, IIRC, but in retrospect I would have been happy paying full price. I'll admit, though, that my perception is coloured by the fact that I did a ghost run and so my completion time was undoubtedly higher than most.

Turfster

I paid $7.50 for it, IIRC, but I would have been happy paying full price. I'll admit, though, that my perception is coloured by the fact that I did a ghost run and so my completion time was undoubtedly higher than most.
I paid full price, and it was totally worth it. I think I spent like, 14 hours on one playthrough, ghosting everything.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I paid full price too and loved the game and the dlc but I still think it was way overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom