• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomodachi

Damn, I'm REALLY tempted to get Brave New World and Bioshock Infinite for 13.42£ on gamefly. It's the lowest they are right now and they've ever been, right? Still, I'm not sure I'll be able to play any of them before Christmas, so Winter Sale could be as cheap as this or even lower. What say you GAF?
No one stopped me, I went and bought them. I am so weak. I had even decided not to get Infinite until Minerva's Den got on Steam. Yeah, right. Doesn't help that it seems it's taking forever for that.

derExperte

HB leftover:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Risen 2, Sacred 2 Gold, Saints Row 2, and Saints Row -- MB-B3413A84EFFBBF5D - Taken by The_Monk. 8 entrants total.

t1379791570z1.png

Risgroo

Give it a few days and Valve will release cards for another 200 titles. :p

Buy more games with cards, then idle those.

Now that sounds like a plan!

You got card drops? I started playing Sleeping Dogs today. Got no cards at all...

Well, I actually played through Tomb Raider over the last two days, and I got one card every two hours or so, not sure what's going on with the drop rate.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

eyeless

(it's not on steam but) apparently marvel ultimate alliance doesn't recognize multiple controllers, making local co-op impossible. anyone think there could be a way to get it to work or is it a lost cause?
it's a lost cause isn't it

what a shitty amateurish bug that apparently went under the radar

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm bored and I kinda want to reinstall Baldur's Gate 1 or 2, but I don't wanna push through all that content I already played right now, in both games the start-up game is incredibly long -.- Anything on Steam that's somewhat cheap and may scratch that itch?

Turfster

I'm bored and I kinda want to reinstall Baldur's Gate 1 or 2, but I don't wanna push through all that content I already played right now, in both games the start-up game is incredibly long -.- Anything on Steam that's somewhat cheap and may scratch that itch?

Not on steam, but GOG is having an RPG deals weekend.
Also GMG still has the Dungeon Sieges for 75% off, which isn't quite Baldur's Gate level, but...

Derrick01

Banned
Will I be better off playing Arkham Asylum/City before diving into Origins?

Yes, they're both really good games. Plus you'll find out just how much you like or dislike the gameplay before buying the more expensive Origins.

Nabs said:
I'm surprised so many people care about those challenge rooms.

In batman? They're some of the most fun things in the game. The predator rooms are basically big puzzle rooms as you progress through them.

Torchlight?

It seems now that when I go to activate a game on Steam it crashes the client. A quick google search showed that people were having the same problem when they were participating in the beta and deactivating the beta fixed it. I tried that and it's still crashing. Anyone else running into this? I just got a key for a game I want to play and now I can't activate it. Can you activate games from the website somewhere?

The_Monk

Maybe not on Steam but I'm trying to remember a game (old one) that he (the player) said a lot "UPDATING MY JOURNAL" or something similar. I know it's a good one and I can't believe I'm forgetting the name, ugh!

If you want loot there's Torchlight 1 & 2 (go for 2), Titan Quest seems decent enough too.

--

Thank you very much for the key fellow GAFfer derExperte and I was so tempting on grabbing Risen 2 when it was 75% Off.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe not on Steam but I'm trying to remember a game (old one) that he (the player) said a lot "UPDATING MY JOURNAL" or something similar. I know it's a good one and I can't believe I'm forgetting the name, ugh!

Planescape! That might be an option, never played too much of that.

JaseC

It seems now that when I go to activate a game on Steam it crashes the client. A quick google search showed that people were having the same problem when they were participating in the beta and deactivating the beta fixed it. I tried that and it's still crashing. Anyone else running into this? I just got a key for a game I want to play and now I can't activate it. Can you activate games from the website somewhere?

Unfortunately, it's not possible to redeem keys from outside the client (this is a feature I wish Valve would ape from Desura). Try reinstalling Steam, though you'll want to move the steamapps and userdata folders out of harm's way first. (A common recommendation is to simply delete everything in the Steam folder but steamapps and steam.exe, then restart the client, but I once encountered an issue this didn't fix that a proper reinstall did.)

I swear sometimes I feel that PC gaming is some elaborate scheme to get me to spend more money on games.

I have no interest in Bioshock Infinite, but I'm so tempted to pick it up for $11 at Gamefly.

NIN90

Install BG2 and get the "Dungeon Be Gone" mod which removes the tutorial dungeon.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to redeem keys from outside the client (this is a feature I wish Valve would ape from Desura). Try reinstalling Steam, though you'll want to move the steamapps and userdata folders out of harm's way first. (A common recommendation is to simply deleting everything in the Steam folder but steamapps and steam.exe, then restart the client, but I once encountered an issue this didn't fix that a proper reinstall did.)

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Apparently if you just let it sit for 4 or 5 minutes, the activation menu comes up eventually and Steam unfreezes. Just FYI for anyone else with this issue.

Derrick01

Banned
What's all this about play time being moved, is that just for the beta client? I've seen people talk about it before too but it's still on my profile where it has been since they changed it months ago.

I'm suspect both the preorder bonuses are combat challenge rooms which are the least fun things in the game.

I like those too since it pushes your skill with the combat system to the max but I still prefer the predator ones. It feels more like traditional Batman.

Damn, should have read more about Age of Booty before buying it yesterday on Steam Pirate Sale. Or used Enchanted Steam. For a multiplayer game, the amount of its DRM just makes a potentially fun game unplayable. First you have Securom, then a gamefly account and if I understood it correctly even more accounts after that. I thought buying a gift copy of Age of Booty for a friend but I know he wouldn't be interested going through all that stuff. Probably too late because the daily deal is over but a warning: do not buy Age of Booty.. I already hate that I supported such DRM-cluster.

MechaGodzilla

Neo Member
I must say I am terrible at Rogue Legacy but man if this game isn't amazing! I've died over 70 times and I have yet to beat the first boss. I think that says more about me than the game! Are there any other games that are similiar to this style. I know I am getting ahead of myself but damn if this game isn't great.

Bluth54

Damn, is GWFL really that much of a problem to you guys?

Games for Windows Live has a bug where if the game doesn't save quite right it wont read your save file and act like it's not there even though it is.

I was almost at the end of Batman Arkham City when I got hit by this. I had to wait months for them to patch it so I could spend less then an hour beating the game.

Games for Windows Live sucks.

I must say I am terrible at Rogue Legacy but man if this game isn't amazing! I've died over 70 times and I have yet to beat the first boss. I think that says more about me than the game! Are there any other games that are similiar to this style. I know I am getting ahead of myself but damn if this game isn't great.

You aren't alone. I think I hit level 120+ before I beat the second boss. It's a tough game.

MRORANGE

Damn, is GWFL really that much of a problem to you guys?

I think GFWL has a lot of reasons to be hated.

- Limited to work in some regions only
- Online connectivity is patchy at best
- Your saves are tied to the GFWL
- Didn't they try and charge users for online at one point?

Consider the fact that MS output in this generation have been rather lackluster in the PC department which tied in with GFWL has created great animosity towards Microsoft.

JaseC

What's all this about play time being moved, is that just for the beta client? I've seen people talk about it before too but it's still on my profile where it has been since they changed it months ago.

Yeah, it's a client change -- play time is no longer shares space with the "Play" button and is now part of the right-hand menu:

playtimersiaf.jpg

I prefer the old location.

Volgarr is pretty awesome from what people have been saying about it. It's more of a ghosts n goblins type of game though. If you want something that has a little more exploration and loose controls like Rogue Legacy you could get Guacamelee. It's not a roguelike though of course.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Yeah, it's a client change -- play time is no longer shares space with the "Play" button and is now part of the right-hand menu:

playtimersiaf.jpg

I prefer the old location.

Wow, that is a really stupid change. Change just for the sake of it, since no one ever complained about having a number near their play button as far as I've seen.

Khronico

Slightly off topic: Played 15 hours of Sleeping Dogs the past three days. Very rarely do I go whole hog on a game like that. Finished the main storyline and now I'm grabbing all the collectibles for 100%. Absolutely one of my games of the generation, and one of my favorite open world games besides Just Cause 2. If you haven't played it, buy it on Steam ASAP (I played it on PS3). Console version is great but MAN, it looks drop dead gorgeous on PC.

On topic: So that Takedown game is a bad apple? Everything pre release looked really good, but I've heard nothing but negative stuff about it since it hit Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom