• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

They did move it back to the old location with an update today.

Just updated. Nice.

3TsEVZL.png

But now it have red lettering. I don't like it, lol.

Grief.exe

I think GFWL has a lot of reasons to be hated.

- Limited to work in some regions only
- Online connectivity is patchy at best
- Your saves are tied to the GFWL
- Didn't they try and charge users for online at one point?

Consider the fact that MS output in this generation have been rather lackluster in the PC department which tied in with GFWL has created great animosity towards Microsoft.

Yep

drop that skin like an ugly baby.

Yep

Slightly off topic: Played 15 hours of Sleeping Dogs the past three days. Very rarely do I go whole hog on a game like that. Finished the main storyline and now I'm grabbing all the collectibles for 100%. Absolutely one of my games of the generation, and one of my favorite open world games besides Just Cause 2. If you haven't played it, buy it on Steam ASAP (I played it on PS3). Console version is great but MAN, it looks drop dead gorgeous on PC.

Yep

On topic: So that Takedown game is a bad apple? Everything pre release looked really good, but I've heard nothing but negative stuff about it since it hit Steam.

Yep

I was about to switch to origin.

Nope

There is a lot of redundancy that they can fix for the game library. For example, there is an "all games" section right near the search bar. Then when you hover on library it's the same thing. There are other examples as well.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
I'm bored and I kinda want to reinstall Baldur's Gate 1 or 2, but I don't wanna push through all that content I already played right now, in both games the start-up game is incredibly long -.- Anything on Steam that's somewhat cheap and may scratch that itch?

Well, if you have Neverwinter Nights (with both expansions) on Steam you might want to check out "Baldur's Gate Reloaded". It's a complete remake of the original Baldur's Gate (including the expansion Tales of the Sword Coast) in 3D using the Neverwinter engine.

http://neverwinter2.nexusmods.com/mods/794/?

Regarding the previously mentioned Planescape: Torment, PS:T is my favorite game of all time. But be warned it's not necessarily a combat focused RPG and story "walls of text" are the norm.

Turfster

Regarding the previously mentioned Planescape: Torment, PS:T is my favorite game of all time. But be warned it's not necessarily a combat focused RPG and story "walls of text" are the norm.

That's what made it so awesome. That and the fact that its protagonist is voiced by the Pretender. ;)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just noticed on the redeem Steam Wallet page more stores than Gamestop and Bestbuy are added.

Yes yes yes. Let's do this Steam.

I still prefer Gamestop's means of printing the codes on your receipt. I dunno if those "fastcard" cards are recycle-able, so this is a "more green" option even if the codes are "thermal paper"d

Jame Retief

Neo Member
That's what made it so awesome. That and the fact that its protagonist is voiced by the Pretender. ;)

Well, plus Mitch Pileggi, Sheena Easton, Dan Castellaneta and other top notch actors/actresses. :)

Yes, the game is fantastic. :)

Edit: And for those that haven't played it yet, the most important attribute to boost in Planescape is WISDOM.

MechaGodzilla

Neo Member
Volgarr is pretty awesome from what people have been saying about it. It's more of a ghosts n goblins type of game though. If you want something that has a little more exploration and loose controls like Rogue Legacy you could get Guacamelee. It's not a roguelike though of course.

Volgarr is definitely on my radar. I've never seen Guacamelee but I'll check it out. I think I just love the platformer style games with a little rpg "lite" mechanic of upgrading your character over time.

Tellaerin

And Steam inexplicably begins using 50% of my CPU as I'm browsing my game list for no reason I can see. What the hell?

I killed it from task manager and restarted and it seems to be fine now, but that was really bizarre.

bakeray

Wish I would've caught that SFxTekken price error the other day while it was up. Anyone bought KoF? I heard the load times were crappy, but I'm in the mood for a fighter.

sibarraz

Banned
I'm tempted with music creator touch, I really want to mix some songs but don't know how hard is to use, or if had a tutorial or something like that

Seanspeed

Banned
Bioshock is surprisingly beautiful and fun, still. I rented this on the 360 a long while back, and got a RROD before finishing it. Never got to the sequel or Infinite as a result. I'm fixing that now and I thought everything would feel and look quite dated, but I'm enjoying it a lot. I also forgot how there's basically no penalty for death, which I appreciate in this game, since I die a lot and I want to get through it quickly to move onto the sequel and then Infinite.

Is Bioshock 2 a pretty good improvement on the first? Are the graphics any better at least?

The Cowboy

And Steam inexplicably begins using 50% of my CPU as I'm browsing my game list for no reason I can see. What the hell?

I killed it from task manager and restarted and it seems to be fine now, but that was really bizarre.
Just noticed similar, not using 50% for me but hitting around 30% when simply scrolling through the games list.

Tested if it was my skin and went back to default and no change - still using a lot of CPU.

Edit.
Wow, simply moving the mouse cursor around the games list does the same, weird.

Grief.exe

I never got any update. :(

Go into your settings and make sure you are opted in for the beta patch.

Sometimes this resets for me and I need to opt in again.

Is Bioshock 2 a pretty good improvement on the first? Are the graphics any better at least?

I haven't played Bioshock 2 yet, but I believe they reused many of the assets to get the game out fairly quickly.

I would recommend waiting for the Steamworks patch in order to play through, what is known as, one of the best DLC's ever in Minerva's Den. Dedicated server multiplayer, removal of GFWL, and Steam achievements are good reason to wait as well.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just noticed on the redeem Steam Wallet page more stores than Gamestop and Bestbuy are added.

Yes yes yes. Let's do this Steam.

I still prefer Gamestop's means of printing the codes on your receipt. I dunno if those "fastcard" cards are recycle-able, so this is a "more green" option even if the codes are "thermal paper"d

I agree. People never think about this stuff but they should.

Just beat AVGN Adventures. Two hours, but plenty of content left for me to find.

That game does not fuck around, especially the final level and boss. Holy shit.

gabbo

Go into your settings and make sure you are opted in for the beta patch.

Sometimes this resets for me and I need to opt in again.

I haven't played Bioshock 2 yet, but I believe they reused many of the assets to get the game out fairly quickly.

I would recommend waiting for the Steamworks patch in order to play through, what is known as, one of the best DLC's ever in Minerva's Den. Dedicated server multiplayer, removal of GFWL, and Steam achievements are good reason to wait as well.

Will Minerva's Den be added to the base game at some point or just available to purchase?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Slightly off topic: Played 15 hours of Sleeping Dogs the past three days. Very rarely do I go whole hog on a game like that. Finished the main storyline and now I'm grabbing all the collectibles for 100%. Absolutely one of my games of the generation, and one of my favorite open world games besides Just Cause 2. If you haven't played it, buy it on Steam ASAP (I played it on PS3). Console version is great but MAN, it looks drop dead gorgeous on PC.
This is the reason why I haven't started it yet. I'd rather wait till I have a better rig, so I can play it with everything maxed out.

Gvaz

Banned
i have ep 1 of cognition i wish i could get it on steam

also State of Decay looked rad at PAX. I find it hilarious they still didnt' get a PC interface working by now.

Also is the pop-in still fucking terrible like it was at PAX?

Turfster

Finished episode 2 of Cognition in about 4 hours.
Still a good story and a good game.
Couple of nitpicks:
They really needed to fix their 3D blocking mesh a bit more for this episode, I walked through way too many drawn bits of scenery.
Also, there's two puzzles near the end of the game where you spend WAAAAY too much time re-clicking the cognition sphere or messing around with your inventory that could have been easily streamlined...

i have ep 1 of cognition i wish i could get it on steam
Uh, why can't you? They sent Steam keys to all the bundles they were part of, iirc.

Even if I had taken advantage of EA's "Hai guys, free games on Origin for everyone!" fiasco...I still wouldn't use it.

Origin is basically going to be a Mass Effect 3 play box for me.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I'm having a little problem with Pinball FX2. Whenever I move the cursor in the table select screen, the game crashes to desktop. The problem didn't happen before I had bought any of them, as I was able to try several for free. But now that I've bought some, it started crashing. Does anyone else have this problem? And if so, did you fix it? And if so, how did you do it?

Right now I think I wasted 6 bucks, because I can't play any of the stuff I bought. Great.

Grief.exe

Will Minerva's Den be added to the base game at some point or just available to purchase?

Minerva's Den registry apps have already been added for individual purchase and available as a pack with Bioshock 2.

Even if I had taken advantage of EA's "Hai guys, free games on Origin for everyone!" fiasco...I still wouldn't use it.

Origin is basically going to be a Mass Effect 3 play box for me.

So many Origin games I will probably never play thanks to that lol.

Oh well, no sense in not picking them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom