• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Minerva's Den registry apps have already been added for individual purchase and available as a pack with Bioshock 2.

So many Origin games I will probably never play thanks to that lol.

Oh well, no sense in not picking them up.

I have BF3 and Dead Space 3 and some Sims game on there and I haven't even touched it.

If Titanfall doesn't make it's way to Steam, I'm probably never going to play it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I got that game Day One fellow GAFfer. It was a birthday present. I was happy, then I saw that ending. Ugh.
To its credit, some scenes and dialogues were pretty good. The taste it left after finishing it, however, was not.

I have BF3 and Dead Space 3 and some Sims game on there and I haven't even touched it.

If Titanfall doesn't make it's way to Steam, I'm probably never going to play it.
No Sims 3 here, since I didn't beat the average on the EA bundle, but I have several games that I picked up thanks to the voucher fiasco last year (the one Grief and Tragicomedy mentioned), plus BF1942 that was given for free. From all that, I've only started NFS Undercover (runs pretty bad), NFS Hot Pursuit (cool game, though I haven't played much) and Burnout Paradise (looks nice, but I don't feel it's anything special).

Grief.exe

GTA4's performance when it doesn't even have any AA is a total bummer. :(

Imagine people playing the title when it first came out. Now we can just easily brute force it with a OC'd Intel processor.

Respawn throws a Steam version up there for $60 with no discount, I would probably pay that.

They certainly could considering the historical precedent set by past EA Partners games. Who knows what kind of deal they signed though.

The_Monk

To its credit, some scenes and dialogues were pretty good. The taste it left after finishing it, however, was not.

I guess I can say it was one of those games that I went for the Journey, never for the destination, if you know what I mean, good sir.

Joe Molotov

Respawn throws a Steam version up there for $60 with no discount, I would probably pay that.

They certainly could considering the historical precedent set by past EA Partners games. Who knows what kind of deal they signed though.

If Titanfall was free on Origin and $60 on Steam...I'd still buy the Steam version.

Playing a bit of Cognition, not bad so far, althought there are some hilarious bugs too main characters leg seem to randomly break

I think Erica might need to see a doctor...

ihSFttRmU6RVW.jpg

def sim

Imagine people playing the title when it first came out. Now we can just easily brute force it with a OC'd Intel processor.

Yeah, I realized that after reading through some old support threads. I'm complaining about 35-60fps with max draw distance, lod, and car density on borderless window when people were getting 15fps at much less.

but still

Kammie

Guys, I'm having a little problem with Pinball FX2. Whenever I move the cursor in the table select screen, the game crashes to desktop. The problem didn't happen before I had bought any of them, as I was able to try several for free. But now that I've bought some, it started crashing. Does anyone else have this problem? And if so, did you fix it? And if so, how did you do it?

Right now I think I wasted 6 bucks, because I can't play any of the stuff I bought. Great.
There's a bug where apparently some users have broken Steam avatar images and it causes the game to crash on the selection screen. A little while ago I added a bunch of people from the forums and they told me I was making them crash (ended up converting and reuploading my avatar, seems to be ok now). Wonder if maybe I was causing that to happen to you?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
All the Origin hate in here... *shakes head*

It isn't as bad as Uplay, guys. Seriously, go play Ubisoft games on that client and then come back and try to say Origin is terrible with a straight face.

Chronoja

Yeah, it's a client change -- play time is no longer shares space with the "Play" button and is now part of the right-hand menu:

playtimersiaf.jpg

I prefer the old location.

Just to hijack the topic about the game time, it would be nice if more people could bring it to valves attention that the time (for a while now) only records in full integer hours. On the profile page it is the same, although the time will record decimal places until around 20 - 22 hours after that it drops it. The only place remaining on steam that currently maintains full time accuracy to the decimal place is the store page, but, many games get pulled down so that removes that accuracy. The accuracy loss could be anywhere between 0 to 54 minutes, .0 to .9 of an hour.

In most cases it isn't a big deal, but I think most people here value sites like HowLongToBeat.com and that's where the accuracy really shines.

It isn't as bad as Uplay, guys. Seriously, go play Ubisoft games on that client and then come back and try to say Origin is terrible with a straight face.

Origin is terrible :|

Uplay sucking a lot doesn't make Origin suck less.

For me, hating Origin really has little to do with the client itself.

Mugatu

I don't mind Origin, it certainly has improved leaps and bounds since inception. But I still don't like having multiple clients for no real reason other than every publisher feels like they have to copy Valve's success with Steam.

I can certainly understand it from their point of view, but as a consumer I still don't like it.

Just got the latest Steam client beta update. Glad they put the time back underneath the launch button of a game in the Game Library. It's presented differently now but still, better than the position where it was.

Grief.exe

TressFX seems cool, but the implementation still seems very unoptimized to me. I will get random framedrops and the GPU usage will spike.

Going to play a bit more with it and see if alt-tab issues were to blame.

TressFX seems cool, but the implementation still seems very unoptimized to me. I will get random framedrops and the GPU usage will spike.

Going to play a bit more with it and see if alt-tab issues were to blame.

Nvidia card? I felt it was pretty decent on AMD but I have heard of a lot of issues otherwise.

Clawww

Games for Windows Live has a bug where if the game doesn't save quite right it wont read your save file and act like it's not there even though it is.

I was almost at the end of Batman Arkham City when I got hit by this. I had to wait months for them to patch it so I could spend less then an hour beating the game.

Games for Windows Live sucks.

I literally cannot play SSFIV:AE because of GFWL. I just crazy stuttering and lag despite trying all the workarounds I could think of; the only thing that makes it go away is reinstalling GFWL, which gives me like two sessions worth of game time before it decides to act up again.

Can't wait for that shit to hit steamworks.

Grief.exe

Nvidia card? I felt it was pretty decent on AMD but I have heard of a lot of issues otherwise.

Yep, Nvidia card.

I literally cannot play SSFIV:AE because of GFWL. I just crazy stuttering and lag despite trying all the workarounds I could think of; the only thing that makes it go away is reinstalling GFWL, which gives me like two sessions worth of game time before it decides to act up again.

Can't wait for that shit to hit steamworks.

SFIV Ultra upgrade option.

Then Capcom just phases out sales of past SFIV versions.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
For me, hating Origin really has little to do with the client itself.

Well I had to download Dead Space 3 for like 5 times before it would finally get done. It's something like 100GB in three days.

But sure, compared to uPlay, Origin is pure gold. :lol

Momentary

Banned
Damn! Even though I love KOF, being in the South Eastern US really doesn't do the game justice in online play. Somehow I get better matches on SG and SSFIVAE. I guess it's a popularity thing and more people in the South play those games. It sucks because even if this game used GGPO I probably still couldn't get playable matches because of the area I live in.

I'll continue to support fighters on Steam, but the lesser know games are going to suck online because there's just not many people in the South that play certain fighting games on PC.

Yeah, it's a client change -- play time is no longer shares space with the "Play" button and is now part of the right-hand menu:

playtimersiaf.jpg

I prefer the old location.

They changed it back which is nice

Not a fan where both lines are not aligned under each other though (its right aligned) :/

Damn! Even though I love KOF, being in the South Eastern US really doesn't do the game justice in online play. Somehow I get better matches on SG and SSFIVAE. I guess it's a popularity thing and more people in the South play those games. It sucks because I even if this game used GGPO I probably still couldn't get playable matches because of the area I live in.

I'll continue to support fighters on Steam, but the lesser know games are going to suck online because there's just not many people in the South that play certain fighting games on PC.

I know the pain. I quite enjoyed divekick and wanted to play more. But in Australia I just can't get a game. At least on console I get to at least see Japanese players in more obscure titles before they kick me out.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I can say it was one of those games that I went for the Journey, never for the destination, if you know what I mean, good sir.
Yes I do, that was the case with The Walking Dead for me. With ME I already knew the ending was going to suck, because I played the whole trilogy after ME3 was released, due to the insistence of a couple of friends. I still think it's a fantastic trilogy, but ME3 had several parts I hated, not only the ending, plus many other things I also disliked (like the quest log and lack of hub worlds). ME2 already followed that route by taking away all the RPG elements, but it still managed to be a great game overall.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
There's a bug where apparently some users have broken Steam avatar images and it causes the game to crash on the selection screen. A little while ago I added a bunch of people from the forums and they told me I was making them crash (ended up converting and reuploading my avatar, seems to be ok now). Wonder if maybe I was causing that to happen to you?
Yeah, read about it on the Steam forums (which were helpful this time, as strangely is the case sometimes). Already made a fellow SteamGAFfer change his avatar 10 minutes ago (sorry for that man :p), but haven't tried the game since. I'll post here once I do, to let people know if that fixed it.

Thanks for the heads-up anyway, and let's hope it gets patched soon. Apparently this isn't the first time the game had problems with the friends' list.

EDIT: double posted for the third time today. I'm genuinely sorry, I keep forgetting I posted earlier, or I'd have edited the last post instead

Haven't had any problems with Uplay with either Driver: San Francisco or Assassin's Creed 2. Meanwhile, I had to redownload and reinstall Origin last night because it failed to update the client, corrupting the current installation.

If this is a battle of crappiness, Origin is still winning 1-0 for me.

derExperte

Already made a fellow SteamGAFfer change his avatar 10 minutes ago (sorry for that man :p)

No problem, thanks for letting me know, gotta fix what's broken. And Valve apparently has changed the requirements, I couldn't upload my old one again because it was too small. Must be 100x100pixels now. Who knows what else they changed internally.

I don't hate Origin, I hate that new EA games only is on Origin. I want EVERYTHING either on GOG or Steam.

I hate that some EA games are on Origin only, I hate having Dead Space 1 and 2 on Steam and Dead Space 3 on Origin, the same goes to Need for Speed, I really wish they release NFS Most Wanted 2012 on Steam (I already have it on Origin) but I wouln't mind having it on Steam ;)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
No problem, thanks for letting me know, gotta fix what's broken. And Valve apparently has changed the requirements, I couldn't upload my old one again because it was too small. Must be 100x100pixels now. Who knows what else they changed internally.

Yeah is it just me, or did they hit the compress button on a bunch of avatars? Mine used to be really clean and artifact free but now it looks like there's a lot of fuzz on it.

Turfster

So far the worst thing I found was this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/242780/discussions/1/846965056738682951/

Not too bad compared with other stuff I had to read on those forums.

Yeah, but still. Who the hell asks that, or sticks up for people that do...?

How do I spoiler tag my screenshots on steam? I'd hate for someone to have a game ruined.

There's a checkbox on the right above the upload button. Note that the spoilers only last a few weeks, before they are automatically removed.

Anustart

Yeah, but still. Who the hell asks that, or sticks up for people that do...?

There's a checkbox on the right above the upload button. Note that the spoilers only last a few weeks, before they are automatically removed.

Ah, so if the game is say...Bioshock Infinite there's no point in tagging em anyway?\

Edit: And that's probably why I couldn't find the option, I was looking after already uploading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom