• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Edit: And that's probably why I couldn't find the option, I was looking after already uploading.

You can change it afterwards. Click on one of the screenshots in your profile. Then on View comments & details -> Add Spoiler Tag. Only works for newer ones, the time limit depends on when the shot was uploaded.

KarmaCow

So I just noticed that when ever I start up Steam for the first time, when I go the detailed library view, it always defaults to having Trine 2 selected of all things. I have no idea why it's doing this because AFAIK, I'm not doing anything special with it like playing it last before close Steam or something.

So I just noticed that when ever I start up Steam for the first time, when I go the detailed library view, it always defaults to having Trine 2 selected of all things. I have no idea why it's doing this because AFAIK, I'm not doing anything special with it like playing it last before close Steam or something.

They still haven't fix a certain glitch that causes that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They should really separate utility software daily to video game software daily

What kind of games are the X series?

For me, hating Origin really has little to do with the client itself.

Yeah, the client isn't actually that bad, and there are a few things that Origin does that I wish Steam would copy (*coughredeemkeysonthewebsitecough*)

You can change it afterwards. Click on one of the screenshots in your profile. Then on View comments & details -> Add Spoiler Tag. Only works for newer ones, the time limit depends on when the shot was uploaded.

I... don't get why they wouldn't let you just leave this in place.

Clawww

Woah, The Showdown Effect is really fun. I'm gonna have to buy it I think.

Free weekend is ongoing until tomorrow 1PM, I recommend checking it out--super easy to get into and it's a small download to boot.

Li Kao

Well, plus Mitch Pileggi, Sheena Easton, Dan Castellaneta and other top notch actors/actresses. :)

Yes, the game is fantastic. :)

Edit: And for those that haven't played it yet, the most important attribute to boost in Planescape is WISDOM.

Yup,
I couldn't open it.
My life is incomplete since then.

Clawww

So I bought the game, but it doesn't seem to have 'upgraded' for me. Reinstalled and restarted Steam. Don' tell me I have to wait until the free weekend is over?

Salsa

Hey welcome back. I could care less about steam right now thanks to gta5 but I still contend that steamgaf is best gaf.

What have you been up to?

Im actually in Colombia getting shitfaced right now with some friends and musician coworkers (im working sound and video for some bands in a festival)

zxaxTI5h.jpg
1gd7j4k.jpg

la1MYrch.jpg
9JgLr0Ph.jpg

cool town, beer is stupid cheap tho, send help

wheres colombia steamgaf at, I need tips

thanks for the warm welcome btw, im totally gonna keep it on topic

totes

Tesseract

Banned
Woah, The Showdown Effect is really fun. I'm gonna have to buy it I think.

Free weekend is ongoing until tomorrow 1PM, I recommend checking it out--super easy to get into and it's a small download to boot.

does it have controller support?

*edit* i checked, it doesn't.

Jawmuncher

Im actually in Colombia getting shitfaced right now with some friends and musician coworkers (im working sound and video for some bands in a festival)

zxaxTI5h.jpg
1gd7j4k.jpg

la1MYrch.jpg
9JgLr0Ph.jpg

cool town, beer is stupid cheap tho, send help

wheres colombia steamgaf at, I need tips

For the record I Missed you most
(Dont let anyone on SteamGaf tell you otherwise)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

The way it's played, you wouldn't be able to use a controller. Or, I mean, I suppose you could but you would be severely handicapped.

While I'm talking about The Showdown Effect, I should throw in my recommendation for it. It's a super fun game. Most of you guys already have it from one of the two Humble Bundles, so I recommend actually giving it a shot.

Salsa

That's you?

You're one handsome motherfucker.

im almost entirely bald tho, evens out

edit: ey trucker hats are cool

new Shadow Warrior looks pretty fucking rad man but that price was a surprise.. ill have to wait

I did get Arkham Origins before getting here. Latest gameplay got me hyped

Clawww

After starting it up the first thing I looked into was controller support.

It works pretty well without a controller, though, and the shooting is super precise and twitchy, so you definitely need a mouse for that.

Echoplx

So much for playing GTA IV, I get horrible load times with vsync on and horrible tearing with vsync off, what a mess of a port.

Storm360

Can't wait for Shadow Warrior.

I really like the streams/videos Nigel does with devolver, he's a really cool dude on social networking accounts too

Khronico

Oh god, I got to the boss in the abandoned mines in Ys 1. I really like the game, but this boss might me make me abandon a full playthrough.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Don't let Steve get you down guys. Mumford and Sons just announced they're taking an indefinite hiatus and he's still trying to work through the emotions of it.

It's difficult because at these kind of trying times, he'd usually turn to Mumford and Sons.

Turfster

To bring the talk back to, you know, games...
I really need to get back into playing retro 3D realms games. Cover shooters with regenerating health have ruined me.

Don't let Steve get you down guys. Mumford and Sons just announced they're taking an indefinite hiatus and he's still trying to work through the emotions of it.

It's difficult because at these kind of trying times, he'd usually turn to Mumford and Sons.

I like to think of all of us as the sons. Even the daughters are sons.

oh no where will i ever get my suspenders, suit vests, and fedora fix at?

Tempted to play more State of Decay but the currently inactive achievements make me hesitate. I'm terrible.

Did anyone get downsampling in resolutions other than 4K to work?

denx

Oh my. I was away from teh internets for four days and go back to find that Salsa is back and that I won Agarest in honorless' epic giveaway (thanks honorless!)

I've been left with some spare keys from the last couple of Humble Bundles. My turn to give something to ya!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux and Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition -- MB-567B6A045B526999 - Taken by Syphon Filter. 18 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-F51EDA7831F67AF7 - Taken by KMD. 2 entrants total.
Medal of Honor 2010 (Origin) -- MB-C4224895870B4F67
System Shock 2 -- MB-19C252E88FCDE64B - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 22 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-1D2031177A33B6AE - Taken by Ingueferroque. 2 entrants total.

t1379830454z1.png

Hopefully I didn't screw anything up.

Derrick01

Banned
I want to preorder Batman AO through GMG. Will they give me my key immediately?

No they'll give keys out usually within a week before it comes out. The weird thing with GMG is the closer to release that you preorder the sooner you'll get the key when they start going out. They make sure the people who preordered first, sometimes at higher prices, get the keys last.

Dec

Oh god, I got to the boss in the abandoned mines in Ys 1. I really like the game, but this boss might me make me abandon a full playthrough.

I found a running pattern eventually where the bats just couldn't hit me. It was essentially a figure 8 down the length of the room. Then just hit him once or twice when he stops.

Annoying for a while but once you figure it out, really easy.

Edit: This is exactly what I did

They gather close when they near the corner and it makes them easy to avoid.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
No they'll give keys out usually within a week before it comes out. The weird thing with GMG is the closer to release that you preorder the sooner you'll get the key when they start going out. They make sure the people who preordered first, sometimes at higher prices, get the keys last.

Ebay sellers take care. They get you your key within 24 hours of you buying it.

Momentary

Banned

This sounds so evil. I might take my chances and see what happens. I'm the kind of person that has to get bitten before he learns his lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom